Rhodiola Benefits: Fat burning for energy and beating depression ;
Rhodiola rosea also known as “golden root” is a adaptogen herb with great burning fat, enhancing energy and boost brain power.
are a group of plants adaptogens that can help your body adapt to physical, chemical and environmental stress and rhodiola it is one of the most effective in this family characteristics.
this unique herb that grows at high altitudes in the arctic areas of Asia and Eastern Europe.
Historically, the Vikings used rhodiola to enhance physical strength and sherpas used to climb at high altitude including Mount Everest.
Russian rhodiola benefits have been widely used over the last 70 years mainly to improve work performance, insomnia, fatigue, depression and increased athletic endurance.
Rhodiola has been shown to have four main health benefits, including:
- Burn Belly Fat
- increase energy and athletic performance
- the reduction of cortisol
- the fight against depression and improve brain function
Let me start by going over how rhodiola can help burn fat for energy.
1. More burn belly fat with Rhodiola
One of the many amazing features rhodiola benefits is that it helps your body burn stored fat as fuel . Rhodiola contains an active compound called rosavin which has been shown to trigger a response in your body to burn fat.
Rosavin works by stimulating an enzyme called hormone sensitive lipase that has the ability to break down fat stored in fat tissues (belly area). In addition, human clinical studies that when combined take rhodiola extract with moderate exercise decomposition belly fat increases even more.
In a placebo-controlled study in 130 overweight patients in the State Hospital of Georgia study showed that take extract rosea day rhodiola resulted in an average weight loss of 19 pounds (11% reduction in body fat) , compared to only 8 pounds of loss for the placebo group eat exactly the same diet.1 low calorie
all know that exercise especially exercise interval as burst training may increase fat loss, but if you want a head start taking rhodiola along with exercise can accelerate your weight loss efforts.
2. Increase your energy and athletic performance
Rhodiola can increase your stamina and endurance by increasing the number of red blood cells. Red blood cells (RBC) carry oxygen to the muscles, and has a higher count can dramatically improve an athlete’s performance and delay fatigue. Rhodiola work by enhancing benefits EPO also known as erythropoietin which stimulates the production of red blood cells.
benefits According to a study published in the International Journal of Sport Nutrition and Exercise Metabolism in 2004 Rhodiola has anti-inflammatory properties to cause rapid muscle recovery and improve the endurance.2
Another study in rats found that supplementation with rhodiola may increase resistance to allow animals to swim 25% more. Improvements have occurred because Rhodiola was found to increase the synthesis of ATP which is essential for cell energy.3
But you do not have to be an athlete to experience the benefits of rhodiola . If you are a housewife, business executives, or rhodiola student has been shown to increase work performance and decrease the effects of lack of sleep and rest can have on your body.4
according to naturopathic physician and author Tori Hudson, rhodiola prescribed to their patients for several reasons, including :. Adrenal fatigue, chronic fatigue, reducing recovery time from workouts and improve athletic
So if you are looking for a natural way to boost energy and increase the rhodiola athletic performance may be for you .
3. The lower cortisol
Rhodiola can soothe your body when the system enters a mode of “fight or flight” from the stressors of everyday . When the hormone cortisol stays high for a long period of time from emotional or physical stress can cause your body to experience
- lowered response of blood glucose
- abdominal weight gain
- thyroid problems
- hormonal imbalance
- memory decline
- weakened immunity
by maintaining balanced cortisol levels that are improving your health in many ways, especially when it comes to anti-aging. When cortisol levels are elevated for long periods will cause you to age faster and can leave you exhausted. One of the main reasons why resort to adaptogenic herbs as rhodiola is help balance cortisol levels to slow the aging process and see and feel their best.5
4. Beat depression and improve brain function
Another surprising benefit of supplementation with rhodiola has been shown to improve the health of your brain and fight depression .
Rhodiola increases the sensitivity of neurons (brain cells and nervous system), including two neurotransmitters serotonin and dopamine. These two neurotransmitters are known to increase attention, memory, pleasure and improved mood.
Many doctors prescribe medicine Rhodiola functional as an effective alternative to antidepressant medications. This works because rhodiola increases sensitivity to dopamine has been shown to improve mood and also help fight food cravings and addictions.
In a clinical trial with 150 individuals suffering from depression, participants were given the Rhodiola rosea for a month. At the end of the road two-thirds of the group had a complete remission of symptoms of depression and daytime weakness also had largely improved.6
In addition, some doctors have begun to recommend to rhodiola ADD and ADHD because of its ability to improve focus.
Rhodiola is gaining a reputation as one of the most potent herbs to support anti-aging, fat burning, increased energy, focus and better mood.
The recommended supplement Rhodiola rosea extract with rosavin dose is 250-500 mg of about two times a day, 15 minutes before meals.
- (1) Zakir Ramazanov, Z. et al. (1999) “New secrets of effective natural stress and weight control, the use of Rhodiola rosea and Rhodendron caucasicum” ATN / Safe Goods Publishing, CT.
- (2) K Bock, Eijnde BO, Ramaekers M, Hespel P. Acute Rhodiola rosea intake can improve endurance exercise performance. Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab. 2004 Jun; 14 (3): 298-307
- (3) Abidov H, F Crendal, Grachev S, R Seifulla, Ziegenfuss T. Effect of Rhodiola rosea extracts and Rhodiola. crenulata (Crassulaceae) roots in ATP content in the mitochondria of skeletal muscles. Bull Exp Biol Med. 2003 Dec; 136 (6): 585-7
- (4) Provalova NV, Skurikhin EG, Pershina OV .. Mechanisms highlighting the effects of adaptogens in erithropoiesis during paradoxical sleep deprivation. Bulletin of Experimental Biology Medicine May 2002; 133 (5) :. 428-32
- (5) Lishmanov lub, Trifonova ZHV, Tsibin AN Maslova LV, Dement’eva LA. Plasma beta-endorphin and stress hormones in stress and adaptation. Biol Med EKSP Biull in April 1987.; 103 (4): 422-4
- (6) Brown R, P Gerbarg, Ramazanov Z. Rhodiola rosea: an overview phytomedicinal .. HerbalGram. American Botanical Council. 2002; 56 :. 40-52
The post Rhodiola Benefits: Fat burning for energy and beating depression appeared first on http://draxe.com/rhodiola-benefits-burning-fat-for-energy-and-beating-depression/