alkaline balance is very important for our health. our enzymatic, immunological and repair mechanisms work best in an alkaline environment.
The human body has three ways to regulate blood pH. Carbon dioxide is slightly acidic; levels can be controlled by changes in the respiratory rate. For example, when we exercise that produce lactic acid and carbon dioxide. Lactic acid is acidic, and exhalation of carbon dioxide excreted acids. The kidneys can also excrete excess acid during urination. Finally, the blood is filled with special chemical mixtures known as buffers, working to resist any sudden change in pH.
There are a number of chemical reactions necessary for life that can only occur in a very specific pH range, so that the body has to maintain the pH within that range. An acidic pH level in the human body is a common factor and probably contributing to all degenerative and autoimmune diseases. An acidic environment has several adverse effects on cell metabolism, affecting energy levels, fluid accumulation and edema, and an increase in free radical production. Living with an acidic pH level can cause diabetes, obesity, migraine headaches, cataracts, cancer, arthritis, stroke, gout, morning sickness, allergies and osteoporosis.
Everything you eat or drink affects our pH. animal foods such as meat and dairy products are mainly acid, while plant foods like fruits and vegetables are for the most alkaline. We do need both acidic and alkaline foods in our diet to help our body maintain proper pH levels, although our culture to convince fast foods and overly processed foods have made most of us too acidic .
You can test your pH with pH strips inexpensive that can be purchased online or at health food stores. Most health experts believe that the evidence of your urine is a bit more accurate total body pH. This should be done first thing in the morning. The first reading in general can be a bit more acidic because your body is cleaning the acid while sleeping at night. Usually, the second round of morning urine is more accurate. They then compare it with the color chart provided and see where your levels are.
• Early in the morning, gently heat a cup of water quality. Then squeeze the juice of half an organic lemon in warm water and mix ½ teaspoon of baking soda to a refreshing, alkalizing drink.
• It is very beneficial for juice of green fruits and vegetables. Add some wheat grass, barley grass, kelp, cayenne, Chlorella and Spirulina in their green smoothie and drink it every day.
• Eating a vegetarian diet alkaline vegetables and fruits it is recommended by many health professionals to maintain a healthy pH level.
• Do your best to avoid all processed foods extremely acidic, fried foods and refined sugars.
• Many food stores sell alkaline water with a pH of 9! It has a flavor that takes some getting used to, but it’s a great way to increase the alkalinity of the body.
• For many reasons, I recommend only natural cleaning products such as household vinegar diluted apple cider, or recipes that use vegetable protein and / or essential oils are used.
• Use natural shampoo and conditioner, body wash or soap, toothpaste and mouthwash, lotions, facial creams and makeup that are free of toxic chemicals and synthetic additives loaded.
• Eat only organic products from grass-fed animals.
Fruits with high alkaline level
vegetables with a high alkaline level
Sweet potatoes / yams
nuts, seeds, herbs and spices with a high alkaline level
drinks with a high alkaline level
Source / reference : http://livingtraditionally.com/cancer-thrives-in-an-acidic-environment-do-this-to-make-your-body-alkaline-as-quickly-as-possible/