How to get rid of cradle cap? – The 10 best home remedies for treatment Cradle cap ;
How to get rid of cradle cap 😕 Cradle cap is one of the most common skin problems observed in infants. This is a patch of yellowish scales on the scalp of newborns, sometimes also found on the eyelids, the area around the ears, forehead and eyebrows. Cradle cap is completely normal and not contagious , but usually makes new mothers suspect is harmlessness, wanting to get rid of cradle cap once and for all. So here, in HNBT, today we bring these tips to get rid of cradle cap for you!
What causes cradle cap?
Cradle cap looks like inflamed skin that is caused by a fungal infection. It may be due to the antibiotics given to the mother before the birth of a child or hormones that are transmitted by the mother. Other possible causes are over-stimulation of the glands of baby oil, unfavorable weather, skin reactions baby to lotions and creams, and other skin disorders such as growth of yeast in the digestive tract. Before seeing your doctor, the following are some soft, safe to get rid of cradle cap home remedies.
Natural ways to get rid of cradle cap – Image Source
How to get rid of cradle cap is natural? – Home Remedies for Cradle Cap
1. Get rid of cradle cap with olive oil: Apply a little olive oil on leather haired baby, and massage for the oil spreads through the hair as well. Leave it on overnight. The next morning, gently rub the scalp with the help of a very soft comb or a soft towel. This action will facilitate the expanded skin. Wash as usual with baby shampoo and warm water. Repeat this process every other day for a month to completely get rid of cradle cap.
See also: 11 home remedies for treating itchy scalp
2. Get rid of cradle cap with coconut oil: coconut oil is well known for its antibacterial and antifungal properties and is safe to use on babies. Apply coconut oil on the scalp of your baby and leave it overnight. Shampoo and wash as usual the next day. However, do not overdo it with the doses of coconut oil, just one teaspoon should do the trick.
should read 😕 How to get rid of cystic acne
3. Get rid of cradle cap with shea butter: shea butter is an effective to get rid of cradle cap home remedy. Shea butter is absorbed into the baby’s skin without leaving any residue or any greasy feeling. Apply shea butter in the affected area. Let it sit there for a few minutes. Rub gently with a washcloth.
Also read 😕 How to Get Rid of Dandruff Naturally
4. Get rid of cradle cap with mineral oil: mineral oil is a great emollient that helps soften the skin enough trash from cradle to easily removed. It also helps in moisturizing the skin, thus preventing further formation of cradle cap. Apply mineral oil to the affected area and leave overnight area. immediately wash to scrub the scalp gently with warm water. Follow this process regularly for two weeks to get rid of cradle cap.
should read: 9 home remedies for psoriasis
5. Getting rid of cradle cap with almond oil: almond oil has amazing healing properties that can help alleviate and eliminate cradle cap. Almond oil is also great for moisturizing skin and scalp, thus preventing dryness and soothe skin irritation and redness. The trick is performed by the high content of vitamin E and D found in almonds. Apply almond oil to the affected area, massage gently and let sit for 10-12 hours before washing with warm water. Repeat this process daily for a month.
Also read 😕 How to get rid of Naturally hives
6. Get rid of cradle cap with Vaseline or petroleum jelly Vaseline is certainly one of the simplest and safest to get rid of cradle cap methods. Apply petroleum jelly to the affected area and leave it overnight area. Scrubbing the skin gently with a comb or a soft towel the next morning.
should read: 6 Home Remedies for the treatment of diaper rash
7. Get rid of cradle cap with baby shampoo Mix a little baby shampoo with warm water. massage baby’s scalp with this mixture. Let the shampoo soak for a few minutes. Wash with warm water and rub with a soft towel. Repeat this every time the scalp of your baby is washed until it is completely gone.
Also read 😕 How to get rid of stretch marks
8. Get rid of cradle cap with tea tree oil: tea tree oil is an ingredient that helps surprising in various skin diseases. But however, note that tea tree oil is dense enough to be used directly on the baby’s scalp. Therefore, always be sure to dilute it first with either coconut or olive oil in the ratio of 1:10. Apply this oil mixture on the affected area and leave for an hour. Wash with a mild baby shampoo.
should read: 15 natural remedies for dry skin treatment
9. Get rid of cradle cap with baking soda: make a thin paste of baking soda and water. Remember to add more water as sodium bicarbonate has a chance to cause redness and irritation of the soft and sensitive baby skin. Apply this solution on the baby’s scalp and let it sit there for a few seconds. rub gently with a wide tooth comb.
See also: natural home remedies for Oily Skin
10 . Get rid of cradle cap with breast milk.. This old wives’ tale has been known and practiced for generations All you have to do is pump some breast milk and this applies to the baby’s scalp the breast milk helps soften the baby’s scalp and very effective in treating other diseases such as diaper rash as well. Let sit for a few hours before shampooing for smooth babies and warm water.
should read: Top 10 Benefits of apple cider vinegar for hair
Tips , tricks and preventive methods to get rid of cradle cap
- Being soft scalp while combing with baby cradle cap. Any intentional or rigid scale removal may harm the baby.
- Use the shampoo only meant for the baby and take care not to let the baby enters eyes, ears, nose or mouth.
- Use a soft scrub brush debris from the scalp. Brushes specifically designed for newborns are widely available in the market these days. Make sure you have at hand before using any of the above methods.
- scalp Always oil your baby before shampoo , even after rid of cradle cap because it provides food and prevents further settlement of sediments on the scalp.
- Always sterilize the comb and use a clean, fresh towel for the baby to prevent the spread or development of more infections.
- consult your family doctor if symptoms persist for more than a month.
See also: Natural remedies to get rid of head lice
we will not know how these remedies and tips made for you. Leave us a comment too much about how you liked this article.
The post How to get rid of cradle cap? – The 10 best home remedies for treatment Cradle cap appeared first on http://healthnbodytips.com/get-rid-of-cradle-cap.html/