- 8 potatoes;
- 1 pound large raw shrimp, deveined and tails, cut into three parts;
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled;
- 4 cloves garlic, minced;
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced; (Keep some greens for garnish)
- 1 tbsp. peppers;
- 2 tbsp. chili powder;
- 1 tbsp. dried oregano;
- ½ tsp. Cayenne pepper;
- ghee );”> 6 tbsp. ghee ( ghee );
Paleo cooking fat “> Paleo cooking fat ;
- olive oil to coat the potatoes;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste;
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- rub the potatoes with olive oil, place them on a baking sheet and bake for about 40-45 minutes or until soft.
- While the potatoes are baking; over a high heat to medium melt fat for cooking and add garlic and green onions. Cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add shrimp with green onions and garlic, cook for 2 to 3 minutes, then add the paprika, chili powder, oregano and cayenne pepper. Stir and cook until shrimp are done, about another 2 to 3 minutes.
- When the potatoes are cooked, let cool and leave in the oven.
- Cut the potatoes in half scoop horizontally and carefully pulp in a large bowl, making sure to keep the skins.
- Mash the potatoes until smooth then add the bacon crumble, shrimp mixture, butter, season to taste and mix everything well.
- Fill potato shells with the filling, return to the oven and cook for another 15 minutes.
- When done remove from oven and sprinkle with remaining green onions.
bacon-shrimp stuffed with sweet potatoes
This article was originally published on http://www.aetrexblog.com/healthy-recipes/bacon-shrimp-stuffed-sweet-potatoes-from-paleoleap-com/