reflection acid also known as acid indigestion is the sensation of internal burning around the lower chest . It occurs when stomach acid flowing back and reach the feeding tube also known as esophagus. The food we eat passes from the mouth to the stomach through a feeding tube. A valve called the lower esophageal sphincter (LES), located at the entrance of the stomach controls the flow of food and contracts immediately after the food passes through it to reach the stomach.
When the valve does not contract or when the valve is opened often, gastric stomach acid flows into the esophagus causing a burning sensation around the lower chest. The acid irritates the sensitive inner muscles of the feeding tube. When heartburn occurs more than twice a week, a person may have acid reflux disease. The Aloe Vera is a natural agent known proven to revive prevent heartburn and acid reflux. Some of the symptoms of acid reflex include chest pain or heartburn, bloating, gas, bitter taste, belching and difficulty in lying or bending.
The Aloe Vera helps in acid reflex?
The intake of aloe vera gel or juice before meals minimizes symptoms of inflammation of the stomach and esophagus. This miracle plant is an inexhaustible source of antibacterial and healing property helps proper digestion and calms the entire digestive tract. Our stomach releases certain acids for digestion of food. The lining of the stomach is coated with a special coating to prevent the effect of stomach acids.
However, esophagus, used to transfer the food in the stomach, is not covered with any protective coating. Therefore, during the acid reflux, throat feels to be on fire. When stomach acid flows into the esophagus, sensitive muscles are exposed to irritation housing acids and sensation of internal burning.
The property’s natural healing aloe vera soothes the entire esophagus track and provides relief from irritation. Evenly coats the esophagus to relieve irritation. Internal muscles of the track to be repaired naturally. Aloe vera contains 99% water. Studies show that Aloe gel contains glycoproteins and polysaccharides. While glycoproteins are useful for preventing pain and inflammation enhance the healing process, polysaccharides are known to repair skin cells and stimulate skin growth.
The gel of aloe vera contains polysaccharides that help digest food. Aloe vera is a succulent plant loaded with great health and medicinal benefits. It is widely used in the preparation of various medicinal herbs and cosmetics. The gel is used to treat various skin disorders and promote healthy skin and hair health.
The following essential ingredients of aloe vera helps in re-balance the entire digestive system
- essential vitamins
- Glucomannan, a type of sugar
- the essential mineral for proper functioning of digestive enzymes
- about 22 amino acids, some of which the body is unable to produce
the above ingredients are have been shown to soothe mucous membrane, minimize bad bacteria in the gut, LES revitalize and heal the entire gastrointestinal tract, including the upper and lower regions.
How to take aloe vera for acid reflux?
Method 1 – Aloe juice
- Aloe juice is available in food and drug stores. aloe latex acts as a powerful laxative that can cause diarrhea. The safest method is to go for aloe juice prepared specifically for internal use.
- purified aloe juice prepared for internal use is free of parts thus safer for the digestive system aloe. Remember to start with small doses initially to prevent stomach cramps and diarrhea. Gradually increase the dose to 2.3 oz.
- Drink 2-3 ounces of aloe juice 20 minutes before meals it reduces acid reflux. You can also mix aloe juice with a little water or non-acidic fruit juice to make it taste better.
- When you have acid reflux takes about 2-3 ounces of aloe vera orally to relieve the burning of the esophagus and provide relief from irritation.
Method 2 – Aloe vera as a thickening agent in food
Another way to use aloe is included as a thickening agent in recipes. Replace artificial food thickeners with aloe vera.
Method 3 – Aloe Vera latex capsules
Those who would not directly take aloe vera juice or gel can go Aloe Vera latex capsules under running water. This is an easy way to intake aloe internally.
Method 4 – Aloe vera with fruit juice
People who do not like the taste of aloe vera juice can be mixed with any non-acidic fruit juice for easy consumption. Make delicious drink aloe vera by mixing with fruit juice and enjoy.
Method 5 – Refreshing aloe vera
Another great way to have the aloe is to make a tasty and refreshing drink. All you need is 3 tablespoons of aloe gel, a glass of coconut water and crushed ice. Mix all ingredients in a blender to make a smooth and healthy drink in a few minutes.
Method 6 – Aloe cocktail
- Another exciting way to have the aloe vera aloe is to make cocktail. Mix any non-acidic fruit juice with aloe vera juice to cocktail of your choice. Serve with crushed ice.
- aloe vera guava cocktail is also a tasty way to get aloe vera. Use 2 cups organic guava juice, fresh juice of half a lemon and 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel. Mix all ingredients until smooth.
Tips and precautions
Although aloe is known to reduce the symptoms of acid reflux and promote digestive health, provides certain side effects as well. Therefore it is advisable to take aloe vera with caution to avoid any side effects. People under medication are required, those planning for any surgery or special treatments to make aloe vera strictly only under the doctor’s office as aloe vera can interfere with the effectiveness of certain drugs. Babies, nursing mothers and pregnant women should not take aloe vera internally.
These are some of the precautions to be taken before going for the internal use of aloe vera.
- Diarrhea is common symptoms seen when the aloe vera taken orally.
- Because aloe vera is a laxative, it can cause an electrolyte imbalance. Therefore, it is recommended to start with small doses. This prevents diarrhea and increases the body’s tolerance of aloe vera.
- Infants, pregnant women and nursing mothers are advised to avoid the intake of aloe vera.
- People with diabetes must take aloe vera internally under the doctor’s office as aloe vera may cause a fall in the levels of blood sugar.
- The intake of aloe latex is to be avoided in cases of hemorrhoids, ulcerative colitis, thyroid or Crohn’s disease.
- Aloe vera prevents the blood from clotting. So people who are planning to have surgery should stop taking aloe two weeks before elective surgery.
- is required People under medication to take aloe vera with the doctor as aloe latex can interfere with the drug’s effectiveness.
- People taking digoxin should avoid consuming aloe vera.
- The aforementioned home remedies when he went with caution are known to reduce acid reflux.
We would be glad to know your personal experience with the previous solutions. If you know any home remedies, please share with us free. We would love to hear from you.
Refrence : http://homeremediesforlife.com/aloe-vera-for-acid-reflux/