Acid reflux occurs when the esophageal sphincter, located between the stomach and esophagus, is not working properly, allowing acid to travel back up into the esophagus. Acid reflux causes nausea, vomiting and burning sensation in the chest. There are plenty of commercial treatments for acid reflux, but its effects are short-lived and come with unwanted side effects. Why spend money on those in which you can use something as simple, natural, inexpensive as freshly squeezed lemon juice to treat and prevent acid reflux.
Is lemon juice good for acid reflux?
Lemon juice is very acidic, and when consumed in large quantities, which can actually because acid reflux. But when mixed with water, it made alkaline, to neutralize the acid which causes acid reflux. Let’s take a look at some of the other properties that make lemon juice an effective treatment for heartburn.
- Lemon juice creates calcium carbonate to neutralize digestive acids.
- also balances the pH levels of the body.
- Lemon juice relieves pain and inflammation in the chest and esophagus.
- Lemon juice balances the levels of acid / alkaline so the digestive system can function properly.
- also contains vitamins C and A, pectin and fiber that the body needs to function properly. They also help cure acid reflux and pain and other symptoms caused by it.
- Lemon contains selenium, potassium and calcium. Potassium helps neutralizes stomach acid effectively.
- Lemons are very low in sugar and high in alkaline properties, so their alkalizing effects far outweigh its acidity.
- Lemons also reduce inflammation that causes pain in the digestive system.
- Lemon juice is naturally antibacterial, so it kills germs that cause digestive problems.
- lemon juice cleans toxins and impurities from the intestines, kidneys and other digestive organs.
- Lemon juice regulates the production of hydrochloric acid in the stomach and bile production in the liver, which are essential for the proper absorption of nutrients from food.
Using lemon juice to treat acid reflux:
Here is the list of the various methods to treat acid reflux using lemon.
1. Lemon Juice
- Squeeze juice of one lemon.
- Stir the juice into a glass of warm water.
- drink this on an empty stomach and wait 20 minutes before eating anything.
- drink regularly.
- or drinking the lemon water 45 minutes before lunch.
- Optional :. sweeten with honey
2. Lemon and Ginger
Ginger contains digestive juices that help better digestion.
- Peel a piece of ginger 1 inch.
- crush it to extract the juice.
- ginger juice mixed with 1 teaspoon lemon juice.
- consumed daily to get relief.
3. Homemade Lemonade
- Squeeze juice of 3 lemons.
- Add the juice into a pitcher.
- Pour 5 cups of water in the jar.
- Stir in sugar to taste.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Pour into a glass with ice.
- Enjoy this lemonade to beat acid reflux and heartburn
4. lemon, ginger and honey
- Boil 12 ounces of water.
- Peel and chop 1 inch piece of ginger.
- Add ginger water.
- reduce heat and cook over low heat 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and strain.
- Add ½ teaspoon lemon juice and ¼ teaspoon of honey.
- daily drink.
5. lemons and sugar cane
- slice of lemon into thin slices as paper .
- Dip a round organic cane sugar and eat it.
- Repeat daily.
- . Note: This method is especially good for pregnant women
6. Lemon juice with baking soda
Lemons contain a compound called limonene, which promotes the production of stomach acid and bicarbonate it is alkaline, which helps neutralize stomach acid. Together, restore the acid / alkaline balance of the digestive system.
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda and juice of 1 lemon ½ cup of warm water is stirred.
- Drink whenever you suffer from heartburn.
7. Lemon grass and ginger tea
lemon grass helps balance stomach acid and treatment of various digestive disorders. Ginger is very effective in treating gastric disorders.
- Boil 2 cups of water.
- Add 1 teaspoon peeled and minced ginger root 1 teaspoon minced lemon grass.
- Remove from heat and let stand 35 minutes.
- Strain and drink a cup of tea 30 minutes before meals, especially breakfast, every day.
8. Grated lemon water
- lemon freeze overnight.
- In the morning, grate it with the help of a cheese grater ..
- boil a cup of water and stir in the grated lemon peel.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
- stir in 1½ tablespoons honey.
- drink daily 30 minutes before breakfast.
9. lemon juice and apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon Stir lemon juice and ½ teaspoon baking soda a few drops of apple cider vinegar organic oil in 1 cup water.
- Mix well and drink when you suffer from acid reflux.
- or stir in 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and apple cider vinegar in a glass of water.
- Drink when you suffer from acid reflux.
10. Lemon and chive salad dressing
Prepare this one hour before serving in order to make the taste of onion to fully incorporate . It becomes alkaline after being ingested and prevents acid reflux and other digestive problems.
- The juice of a lemon
- 6 tablespoons chopped chives
- 3 tablespoons extra sugar fine
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- a pinch of salt
- a pinch of black pepper
- in a bowl, mix the lemon juice, salt and sugar.
- Add chives, olive oil and black pepper and whisk until ingredients are thoroughly combined and the dressing begins to emulsify.
- Eat salad regularly to prevent acid reflux ..
- remaining store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for a week.
11. Zesty Lemon Squash
lemon zest contains D-limonene, which reduces acid reflux.
- 2 lemons
- 1 ½ teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups zucchini
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 ½ tablespoons crushed oregano
- Wash and dry lemons and grate the skin.
- In a bowl, combine olive oil, lemon juice and black pepper.
- Steam zucchini for 10 minutes until tender.
- drain it and transfer it to a serving bowl while still hot.
- Pour lemon mixture over zucchini
- Add the lemon zest, basil and oregano.
- Toss and drink this lemon spicy squash regularly.
12. Limón y Sal Rosa Tonic
aids pink salt in the production of hydrochloric acid and help the adrenal glands are working properly.
- Boil 4 ounces water.
- Turn the heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Add juice of 1 lemon and a dash of pink salt.
- Mix well and drink each morning.
13. Lemon Detox
Drinking regularly to lose weight by helping to better digestion and prevent heartburn or reflux acid.
- Pour 4 oz of cold water in a glass.
- Add the juice of ½ lemon, 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup 100%, and a pinch of cayenne pepper or ground ginger.
- Mix well and add 4 ml of cold water.
- lemon detox drink this every day.
14. Lemon juice, carrots and cabbage
- Mix the juice of half a lemon in a glass of carrot juice or fresh cabbage acts.
- Stir well and drink all day.
- drink a day to reduce acid reflux.
15. plain lemon juice
- Drink 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice 10 times before each meal.
lemon juice is really good for acid reflux?
This has been a controversial issue for years. Lemons contain about 1.44 grams of citric acid per ounce of lemon juice. Some say this causes acid reflux, but that would only be the case if you were to eat large amounts of lemon juice regularly. In any case, the lemon juice is probably not the sole cause of your heartburn. The effects of lemon juice vary from person to person, so try out these acid reflux treatments to see if they will work for you.
Tips and cautions:
- Do not use lemon juice in excessive amounts as this can cause irritation of the esophagus.
- Always use freshly squeezed lemon juice instead of bottled juice purchased in the store.
- cut down on acidic foods and drinks (except lemons and lemon juice).
- Always dilute lemon juice.
- You can also use lemon oil to treat acid reflux, but consult your doctor first.
- drink lemon juice with a straw to prevent damage to the tooth enamel.
- For best results, use filtered water hot or at room temperature.
- Different people react differently lemon juice, so try these methods for a week before deciding if they work for you.
- Before using these treatments, consult a doctor to find out if your digestive system is more acidic or more alkaline.
- If, in spite of acid reflux after 3 weeks of using these treatments, consult a doctor.
Have you tried any of these methods to treat acid reflux with lemon juice? What worked best for you? Share your experience with us!
Other ingredients that helps release from the acid reflux
Refrence : http://homeremediesforlife.com/lemon-for-acid-reflux/