Why have acid reflux?
Acid reflux is also known as acid indigestion is one of the most common problems faced by many. A recent survey reveals that nearly half of Americans face this problem at some point in their lives; heartburn also be taken as a severe heart attack. We are here to share some of the home remedies proven to minimize the symptoms of acid indigestion. But before going for home remedies first let’s understand what acid reflux is, how it was made and the various symptoms associated with it.
Acid reflux is a sensation of acidity in the back of the tongue and a burning internal stomach felt below the chest. During acid reflux, gastric acid from the stomach up into the esophagus and sensitive inner lining of the tract corrode causing throat irritation and a burning sensation in the stomach.
What actually happens during acid reflux?
When the lower esophageal sphincter (LES) relaxes abnormally stomach gastric acid reaches the esophagus and causes heartburn. Esophagus is the feeding tube that carries food from the mouth to the stomach. LES is located at the entry point of the stomach and controls the flow of food from the esophagus to the stomach.
functions as a control valve and contracts immediately when food enters the stomach to prevent reflux of stomach acid into the esophagus. When LES gastric acid from the stomach flow back is not contracted and reaches the esophagus, causing sore throat and heartburn. Frequent heart burns more than twice a week may be a case of acid reflux disease.
does help milk acid reflux?
Milk is one of the largest natural sources of minerals and vitamins available. It is a common assumption that milk can aggravate acid reflux. But the fact is that milk can actually provide immediate relief of acid reflux as long as it is fat free. Take a few sips of cold low-fat milk can provide great relief from acid reflux and heartburn.
- milk forms a protective layer along the esophagus and minimizes irritation of the throat from acid reflux.
- Milk is a rich source of calcium and minerals. Calcium provides a natural remedy for heartburn and minimizes the symptoms of acid reflux.
- fresh milk relieves irritation of the esophagus tracks and relaxes the muscles that provide relief from heartburn
How to take the milk for acid reflux?
Method – 1 – Goat’s milk
- Goat’s milk is low in fat than cow’s milk and can be easily digested by the human body. This low fat milk good test to reduce the symptoms of acid reflux.
- Store milk in the refrigerator and drink a cup of goat’s milk every day to get relief from heartburn.
Method – 2 – skimmed milk
- A cup of cold skim milk shows that the best remedy to alleviate the problem of heartburn associated with acid reflux. Be careful not to use the milk fat content, as it may aggravate the problem.
Method 3 – Milk and Canela
- Mix 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon fresh powder in half a glass of skim milk.
- Store in the refrigerator and have few sips of this cold milk to prevent heart burn.
Method 4 -. Goat milk and cardamom green
- Pour half a glass of skim milk or goat’s milk in a saucepan.
- take two green cardamom pods, hit them coarsely and add to the milk.
- Place the pot on the stove and bring to a boil. Simmer for a few minutes and turn off the gas.
- Bring the milk at room temperature and store in the refrigerator to cool.
- Take a few tablespoons of the milk every two hours to avoid heartburn. Cardamom is a kind of natural cooling, aids digestion and minimizes the heartburn.
Method 5 – Milk Honey Sorbet
- honey sorbet milk is an exciting way to have milk to satisfy your craving dessert and also prevent acid reflux in one shot .
- In a heavy saucepan pour 1 cup of goat’s milk, add 1 tsp green cardamom fresh powder and bring to a boil.
- Now add 1 cup quick cooking oats, raisins and cook, stirring, until it becomes oats.
- switch heat and bring the mixture to room temperature. Add enough honey to sweeten and stir well. Place the mixture in the freezer for at least 6 hours to set completely.
- Both milk and honey are reservoirs of essential vitamins. This delicious sorbet fresh relieves throat irritation and heartburn caused due to acid reflux.
Method 6 – Goat Milk Banana Smoothie cardamom
- Kick start your day with this healthy shake goat milk to keep acid reflux at bay.
- In a blender, add 1 cup of chilled goat milk, 1 teaspoon green cardamom powder, 1 ripe banana, 2 tablespoons of honey and ½ cup of crushed ice. Run the blender to make delicious shake.
- is loaded potassium banana and is a natural antacid. It helps neutralize the acid level in the stomach and ease digestion.
Tips and precautions
- Certain people are intolerant to lactose in milk. Such persons should avoid milk as a remedy for heartburn.
- Skim milk when taken cold considerably reduces heartburn. Be careful to avoid content-fat milk as it may worsen heartburn.
- During use milk to make smoothies are careful not to mix the milk with citrus fruits.
- he advised organic milk to get the full benefits of this natural drink for health.
- Never use stale milk, which can cause severe food poison. Always be sure to use fresh milk to get relief from heartburn.
unhealthy eating habits, inadequate sleep and overweight may be reasons for acid reflux. The above methods when followed in conjunction with healthy lifestyle can help minimize the symptoms of acid reflux.
is always advisable to consult your doctor before following any home remedy. In case of intervention of a doctor and damaged LES required.
Refrence : http://homeremediesforlife.com/milk-for-acid-reflux/