sores or fever blisters or oral herpes is a viral infection that appears as small blisters liquid, painful, which usually occur in and around the lips, nose, chin and mouth. It is caused by herpes simplex virus (HSV – 1) which in turn is closely related to HSV – 2 (causes genital herpes). This inflamed blisters break before oozes a liquid from her and cleans itself with one or two weeks.
This cold sores are infectious and can spread easily from one person to another through personal contact, such as kissing, oral sex, etc. Remember, there is no complete cure for HSV infection. Although cold sores are treated but the virus (which causes the cold sore) lies dormant in your system. When you are sick, stress or your immune system gets down, then it reappears in the body.
However, to get rid of cold sores quickly and reduce their frequency of repetition, then you have to follow a great and very effective home remedy called garlic. This is an easy house available ingredient that has many wonderful natural healing properties for cold sores.
Garlic for cold sores:
Garlic, which is available in every kitchen that is not only used to improve the taste of your kitchen, but also helps a lot in protecting your health. It has many properties that have to do with a lot of health problems. Reaching cold sores, garlic is very effective remedy for treatment than any other natural home remedy. Also agree on this, if you go through this post in detail.
Here is the list of properties that are explained in detail on how the garlic is used to treat cold sores undoubtedly like garlic is good for cold sores (or) not treats cold sores in your mind.
- Garlic has anti-bacterial properties that help kill bacteria to disinfect and accelerate the healing process.
- contains a compound called indole – 3 -. Carbinol (I3C) that helps boost the immune system which in turn helps a lot in the fight against bacteria or virus that causes cold sores these
- has anti – oxidant property helps a lot in healing skin ulcers
- has strong antimicrobial and antiseptic properties that make a miracle in healing of canker sores. It has the ability to penetrate deep into the layers of skin and clears the root cause to prevent cold sores completely from the skin.
- has a chemical compound called allicin, which helps reduce inflammation and thereby accelerate the healing process.
- contains a compound known as Kyolic which is well known for its anti-viral properties to accelerate the healing of canker sores.
- The enzymes of this herb garlic has anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-parasitic certainly help speed up the healing time or recovery of active lesions in the treatment of herpes lip.
- has anti-inflammatory property that helps reduce swelling, pain and inflammation caused by cold sores.
- has rich amount of vitamin B6, which is primarily responsible for the production of antibiotics which in turn is fighting infection and disease. This vitamin is also used extensively to strengthen the nervous system and the immune system, thus combating cold sore from the inside out to get complete healing of the herpes virus.
- Regular application of this garlic (in any form) in the cold sore affected areas of the skin will certainly help heal the pain by reducing the intensity and pain. It not only kills the herpes virus during the eruption, but also helps strengthen the immune system to eliminate future outbreaks.
Garlic can be used as best home remedy to treat many different types of ailments. However, the use of garlic is very effective in treating cold sores, because of its medicinal properties that help kill the virus and thus cold sores will heal quickly.
The mentioned below are some of the effective methods garlic explains on how to use garlic to treat cold sores. But be sure to follow these methods regularly until he received complete relief of cold sore, but not for single use.
Method – 1: (Garlic cloves)
- Take a few cloves of garlic and crush or itching properly.
- Applying these garlic cloves crushed or chopped in the areas of cold sores affected skin.
- let stand for a few minutes without disturbing it.
- O can rub directly on the cold sore for about 2 -. 3 times a day to speed the healing process
- Rinse thoroughly with water after removing the cloves in cold sores.
Method – 2: (Garlic Paste)
- cloves garlic – 3-4
- mortar and pestle or lime
- first, take a few cloves of garlic.
- place in mortar and pestle or coffee grinder.
- crush properly by adding a little water on it to make pasta.
- Apply this paste on the areas that are affected with cold sores.
- let it sit for a few minutes and then remove the paste on the labial herpes.
- contact, wash it properly with water and dry the skin.
- regularly monitor this process will certainly help clarify canker sores on the skin.
method – 3: (Garlic cloves)
- Take garlic and carry out their new tooth.
- Place these nails in your mouth and start eating properly.
- Or you can add these cloves in cooking as soups, salads, sauces, salsas, bread, etc., in your daily diet to cure the pain quickly.
- For more efficient and faster to heal cold sores, you have to eat the cloves of garlic a day to stimulate the immune system and thus to get rid of cold sores on the skin completely.
Method – 4: (garlic oil)
- Garlic oil
- Olive oil
- cotton ball (optional)
- Take equal quantities (a few drops) of oil, garlic and olive oil in a small bowl.
- Stir well and apply this to the cold sore affected areas of the skin, either with the help of cotton ball or your fingers.
- Mix garlic oil with olive oil helps reduce irritation or burning sensation on the skin caused.
- let it sit for a few minutes oil observed with pain.
- wash with warm water and dry the skin.
- Or you can leave them overnight by applying it to the sores before going to bed.
- Or you can use pure coconut oil in place of olive oil to get relief from canker sores.
- Continue implementation of this garlic -. Olive oil on cold sores regularly to get complete relief from the sores
Method – 5: (Garlic Paste as Mask)
- first, prepare a paste by mixing a few garlic cloves with a little of water therein.
- Next, take a small amount of the garlic paste and apply this on and around the mouth ulcers as a thin layer.
- Let stand for about 10 minutes and then wash with water.
- repeat the same process regularly to completely cure cold sores on the skin.
Method – 6: (garlic cream cacao)
This process is one of the easiest to apply the garlic in cold sore for prevention ways. It helps reduce the risk of reinfection why, because the left over pasta in it after discard of these blisters was completely healed.
- garlic paste
- empty lip balm
- Log the process by taking garlic paste well.
- Place the garlic paste in a vacuum containment vessel sores.
- Apply this on the cold sore affected areas of the skin.
- I leave it for more effective results, apply it at night before going to bed.
- Let stand overnight and without disturbing it.
- But be sure to discard the pulp left over after this blister has healed completely.
- do this same process of applying lip balm regularly garlic until erased the skin ulcer.
Method – 7: (Garlic slices)
- Take a clove of garlic and remove it from the skin.
- cut it into slices with a knife.
- put this slice fresh garlic in cold sore affected areas of the skin.
- hold it for a few minutes until it stops itching sensation on the skin.
- then remove the garlic and gently wash with warm soapy water.
- Dry the skin to remove the infection.
- reapply slice of fresh garlic in the cold sore for about 2-3 times a day to get rid of it
Method – 8:. (Garlic juice)
- garlic juice – 1 teaspoon
- cotton swab
- Take a small bowl and pour the juice of garlic (may be preferred valley farms garlic cold pressed garlic pour or spray or a homemade) in it.
- Next, take a cotton swab and dip it in the garlic juice.
- DAB this swab around the cold sore.
- let it sit for a few minutes and rinse.
- Dry skin to get relief from canker sores.
- regulate the application of the garlic juice on the cold sores to clear it completely into the skin.
Method – 9: (garlic with avocado)
Both of these ingredients are vitamin E and garlic also has anti-viral properties owned to help improve the nutritional status and therefore the immune system to fight the herpes virus.
- Garlic (crushed or chopped or oil or juice)
- mashed avocado
- Take some garlic and mashed avocado in a small bowl.
- mix well and consume to get rid of cold sores.
- Regular consumption definitely a better result on cold sores is obtained.
Method – 10: (Ajo water)
This process helps heal cold sores from the inside.
- cloves garlic – 2-3
- Water – 1 cup
- take a few cloves of garlic and crush or mix them to be fine paste.
- Add the water and mix well until the garlic paste mixed with water properly.
- Drink this water to get relief from canker sores.
- keep drinking this water garlic regularly to get complete relief not only for cold sores, but also of many other health problems built.
Method – 11: (Garlic and honey in cold sores)
Honey has antibiotic properties and helps soothe irritated skin area of cold sores. Garlic has anti-viral properties property helps to kill the herpes virus that causes cold sores.
- cloves garlic – 2-3
- Honey – 1 teaspoon
- Take garlic finely and crush to make it stick.
- Add the garlic paste of honey in a small bowl.
- Shake well and apply this mixture on the affected areas of cold sores on the skin.
- let it sit for a few minutes until completely dried.
- wash with water to clean the applied paste with the viral infection.
- Apply this mixture of garlic and honey regularly to get rid of cold sores.
Garlic capsules / pills for Cold Sores:
is an alternative method of using garlic to treat cold sores. If you are unable to consume or use these cloves of garlic in the affected areas of skin herpes sores because of their smell or stinging sensation on the skin, then just go with the garlic supplements as capsules. Taking two garlic supplements per day will give the same result as applying clove of raw garlic on the affected skin area.
However there is no specification in their exact amounts in milligrams, but most garlic supplements come either 500 mg or 1000 mg tablets. So for a safe side, start with 1000 mg per day to get rid of cold sores. However, be sure to consult your doctor before using these supplements garlic for cold sores, as they may interact with other medicines.
Tips and precautions to be followed while using the garlic for a cold sore:
However, following these tips and precautions you the best results, secure and easy, without side effects .
- When you’re applying garlic, be sure that it could cause some stinging or burning sensation on the skin so as it is powerful / acidic.
- Regular chewing garlic for more than two teeth will cause some gastrointestinal effects due to their chemicals.
- bad breath, flatulence, bloating and nausea is caused, if taken regularly. Especially if you are taking garlic pills he is cautioned by the University of Maryland Medical Center.
- You can interact with certain medications such as blood thinners, so always consult your doctor before taking garlic as a remedy for cold sores, especially if any anticoagulant drugs used.
- Be careful when using garlic juice (fresh) in the skin, you have to keep away from eyes or else garlic juice causes irritation to the eyes.
- Avoid direct application of garlic without mixing with water, if you have sensitive skin why, because it causes some stinging or burning, with skin discomfort.
- However, the application of garlic (which is slightly acidic) on cold sores be painful, but regular application reduces the pain caused by it and the infection caused by the herpes sores.
- can also take garlic supplements twice a day starting with 1000 mg per day and then gradually increase the amount.
- Be sure to wash your hands after applying the garlic in cold sore to avoid spreading the infection to other parts or others.
- If you are pregnant or nursing women, then you should consult your doctor before taking this garlic to treat any medical condition to prevent side effects caused by it. Or ask your doctor if you are using this garlic to the child that are less than eight years to find out the proper dosage and other information related to garlic for cold sores in children.
- Or you can also apply garlic as a lip balm to heal cold sores on the lips. To do this, you have to take a clove of fresh garlic and cut one end. Use this tooth as a lip balm applying the cut end on the lip. Rub gently to extract the juice on the lips. Remember that may sting a little, but deletes the cold sore quickly than any other resource.
- Not only these remedies using garlic, but you need to eat foods that strengthen the immune system, have hygiene, try to lead a less stressful life doing yoga and meditation, avoiding triggers that cause cold sores to achieve complete healing of herpes labialis.
- If you encounter problems such as heartburn or acid reflux, while the consumption of garlic (more than the normal amount) for the treatment of cold sores, then you can simply take a garlic clove and rub on the soles of the feet. After 20 minutes, the effect of garlic will enter the bloodstream and therefore will experience relief from cold sores.
- Be sure to brush your mouth or use mouthwash rinse your mouth, especially if you eat cloves of raw garlic to treat cold sores to get rid of bad breath caused by garlic.
All these remedies and tips will give you an excellent cold sore relief. But remember to consult your doctor if you are not cold sore does not heal in a week or two, because it could be an indication of any health problem or have a weakened immune system.
This is all about garlic in the treatment of cold sores. I hope you liked the article and you will definitely give a view of these remedies garlic for the treatment of cold sores. Or do you know any other method of garlic to treat cold sores. Then they sit down to share their experience with us free.
Refrence : http://homeremediesforlife.com/garlic-for-cold-sores/