According to the American College of Gastroenterology, there are over 60 million Americans are experiencing this acid reflux at least once a month. From this analysis, we have come to know that the severity of this problem GERD.
The acid reflux or GERD occurs when stomach acids or contents move in the backward direction and enters the food pipe or esophagus causing a burning sensation and discomfort behind the breastbone. Unhealthy eating habits, lifestyle, stress and damaged sphincter are the common causes of acid reflux.
Although medications such as antacids give relief from acid reflux, but many health experts suggest taking home or herbal remedies to cure acid reflux why as they give lasting results without any effects side (or a lot).
There are many home remedies and herbs that are very effective in treating acid reflux. But most people prefer to choose simple and easy methods to treat your acid reflux. So green tea is one such remedy to prevent acid reflux. These days, many people are drinking the green tea for health conscious.
Instead of drinking coffee, tea (not herbal), carbonated drinks and citrus juices that worsen the symptoms of acid reflux, this may simply drink green tea regularly to get rid of acid reflux.
green tea for acid reflux:
Green tea is less processed tea is steamed quickly and has many health benefits such as proper digestion, cleaning or acid reflux GERD or heartburn. This helps cause acid reflux symptoms in many people. In some research, it is said that this green tea provides some protection against certain complications associated with this chronic acid reflux.
The use of green tea to relieve acid reflux is mostly seen in folk medicine, but need more scientific research to be done to get more relevant results as evidence.
is green tea good for acid reflux?
Here are some of the effective properties of green tea that will help you succeed in preventing the problem of acid reflux.
- Green tea has properties anti – oxidant polyphenols that help for proper digestion and restricts acid or content of food back to the esophagus. So effectively clears the acid reflux.
- have been anti -. Inflammatory feature that helps reduce pain and irritation caused by acid reflux or heartburn
- improves contractions of the lower esophageal sphincter, which in turn It helps prevent acid reflux by maintaining a tight sphincter.
- contains L -. Theanine, an amino acid that helps reduce the negative effect of caffeine and therefore has a calming effect on the nervous system and the digestive system
- Have active compounds called catechins (EGCG), which has anti properties – oxidant property helps eliminate free radicals and thus repair the damage done to healthy cells. This in turn helps get rid of acid reflux.
- Other active constituents in green tea are theobromine, tannin, theophylline and caffeine, which will also help in reducing heartburn and acid reflux.
How to drink this green tea for acid reflux:
Here are some simple methods to help in the preparation of green tea to treat acid reflux. But remember to eat this green tea for at least 2 -. 3 times a day until complete relief of the problem
Method – 1: (green tea) Bags
- green tea bag – 1
- hot water
- first, have a drink and place a green tea bag in it.
- Then pour hot water over it and let it soak for a few minutes.
- After remove the tea bag and drink this green tea to get rid of acid reflux.
- regularize the habit of drinking the green tea daily for reflux cure.
Method – 2: (green tea powder)
- green tea powder – ½ teaspoon 1-1
- water – 1 cup
- Start the process by boiling water in a cup of tea or a saucepan.
- When once it reaches a boil then turn off the heat and add green tea powder to it.
- soak for 3 -. 5 minutes and then strain the tea to discard the green tea powder or sheets
- If desired, add a little honey or sugar in it and drink this green tea stirring well.
- have this green tea regularly to treat digestive disorders, health problems, including acid reflux.
method – 3: (green tea flavored Citrus)
- The green tea bags – 2
- – 4 cups of water
- lemon juice
- sugar or honey
- Take green tea bags (Lipton prefer green tea) and place in a jar.
- Then, boiling water for a few minutes and pour the boiling water into the jar.
- Let stand for about 20 to 25 minutes and remove the tea bags
- Now add the lemon juice, a little orange extract or sugar in it..
- Mix well and place this tea in the refrigerator to get the refrigerated or cooling effect.
- Or you can add a few ice cubes to cool faster and have it without wasting time for cooling.
- have this cold green tea with citrus flavor to reduce the problem of acid reflux.
Method – 4: (green ice tea)
- The green tea bags – 2
- bags regular tea – 2
- large pot
- Stevia – 2 teaspoons
- Take a glass and place the tea bags (4 green tea – tea bags and two regular – 2). It
- Pour water on it and let it boil for a few minutes.
- When this water reaches a boil, then turn off the heat and remove the tea bags.
- strain of this water in a large pot and add the stevia in it.
- Stir well to combine stevia tea.
- Then fill the rest of this jug with plain water and stir well until all the ingredients are well mixed.
- Finally, place the pitcher in the fridge for a few minutes to hours to get completely chilled.
- After that, drink this green tea ice cream is sweetened with stevia to get rid of acid reflux and other digestive or intestinal problems.
Method – 5: (green ice tea with almond milk)
- Green tea – 1 medium cup
- almond milk cold
- Take a large bowl and pour the hot green tea in it.
- Then fill the rest of this great cup of cold almond milk.
- Mix well to form a thicker consistency.
- SIP slowly to get relief from acid reflux with a delicious creamy taste.
- keep drinking this green tea with almonds or coconut milk to reduce acid reflux.
Method – 6: (Green Tea with Aloe Vera)
- Green tea – 1 cup
- The aloe vera gel – 1/2 teaspoon
- Have a cup of hot green tea and add aloe vera gel in it.
- If possible just taken prefer gel or juice aloe vera for this purpose.
- Stir well and drink the green tea to get rid of acid reflux or heartburn or GERD.
- repeat the same process on a regular basis for best results with acid reflux.
- In this process, both green tea and aloe vera helps heal damage to the tissues of the esophagus and sphincter to keep the levels of acid reflux or heartburn.
Method – 7: (green tea with honey)
In this process, decaffeinated green tea helps relieve stomach problems and honey cure sphincter tissue for relief stomach acid. So this method is very effective in the treatment of stomach acid.
- Green tea – 1 cup
- Honey – 1 teaspoon
- first, prepare the green tea by adding a tea bag in a cup of hot water.
- then remove the tea bag and add organic honey in it.
- Stir until honey is suitably mixed in it.
- Drinking this green tea flavored honey to treat stomach acid.
- For more effective results, follow this process regularly for 2 -. 3 times a day
Method – 8: (green tea with lemon juice)
- Green tea – 1 cup
- lemon juice – 1 teaspoon
- Start the process by having a cup of hot green tea prepared.
- Then we add the freshly squeezed lemon juice and stir well.
- Having this tea to relieve himself from the stomach acid.
- O can also be placed wedge or freshly cut lemon slices in green tea and keep it for a few minutes and then drink it by removing the lemon slices it.
- Or, you can also add a spring 2 or more fresh green mint tea leaves before pouring hot water over green tea and mint present in a cup.
- Or you can also add some other spices such as ginger, cinnamon, cardamom or jasmine green tea to get rid of the regular bitter taste and to cure acid reflux drinking tea at its best flavor.
Does green tea causes acid reflux?
Unfortunately green tea (particularly in the form of caffeine) will cause acid reflux. Many teas including green tea that contains caffeine (in various proportions) and a number of other bioactive compounds that affect digestion. Health experts have suggested to avoid caffeine and tea to relieve acid reflux and symptoms due to its acidic nature. But more research has been done on the effect of caffeine on GERD, as current research yields mixed results.
People who drink green tea with caffeine have 1.5 times higher rate to get gastroesophageal reflux or GERD. Therefore, it is preferred drink decaffeinated green tea instead of regular coffee or tea. Most people say that drinking decaffeinated green tea (or herbal tea) decrease reflux, such as tea or decaffeinated coffee is likely to reduce reflux and its symptoms.
However, more research needs to be done to know how this green tea contributes to GERD. Also this green tea is considered one of the best tea to treat stomach acid problems very effectively.
Tips & Warnings:
Follow these tips and precautions to get faster and safe relief from acid reflux problem.
- By chance, if you have trouble swallowing green tea, then you can simply use a straw to have a few sips to get rid of acid reflux or heartburn.
- Replace all your drinks with herbal teas especially decaffeinated green tea regularly to get relief from acid reflux.
- always make an appointment with the gastroenterologist or any health care professional immediately if you are experiencing symptoms of acid reflux for more than once or twice a week. This serious health condition known as gastroesophageal reflux disease or GERD.
- In some people, green tea causes acid reflux or GERD and never drinks tea and lie down immediately, as this causes gravity to move the stomach contents into the esophagus and cause acid reflux .
- Avoid drinking green tea or take supplements, if you are taking Coumadin or other blood thinning, blood pressure, heart disease, stomach ulcers or depression medications why because it causes some side effects when interacting with him. Discuss with your health care professional before using these medicines and green tea to treat acid reflux.
All these methods of green tea are safe and provide effective relief from acid reflux or heartburn. Apart from this, you have to take a healthy diet, stay hydrated, relieve yourself of stress or anxiety and have less food for frequent times to stay away from this acid reflux.
This is all about green tea and acid reflux. We hope you understand the message and give a try to treat acid reflux or heartburn. Or do you know of any other remedies that work well in preventing acid reflux? Then share their experience with us.
Refrence : http://homeremediesforlife.com/green-tea-for-acid-reflux/