Acid reflux or acid indigestion is a common digestive disorder that usually occurs when stomach acid or its content flows into the esophagus. Usually the LES (lower esophageal sphincter) closes as soon as food passes through it, but if this LES does not close properly, then the acid produced in the stomach will move up into the esophagus. the lining of the esophagus causing acid reflux irritates.
Symptoms include burning sensation in the chest, upper abdomen and behind the breastbone, difficulty swallowing, nausea, heartburn, bloating, etc.
There are many home remedies to treat acid reflux effectively at home, but one of the most effective is to avoid foods and beverages that trigger the problem.
banana for acid reflux:
banana has many benefits that can be done both with health and beauty, such as acid reflux. It is an alkaline fruit which helps neutralize stomach acid. Eating bananas regularly to get rid of acid reflux completely and quickly.
These are some of the properties of banana that help cure acid reflux or heartburn.
- banana acts as a natural antacid reducing levels of acid in the stomach. It also covers the stomach lining that helps protect the gastric acid and its effects.
- has rich amount of potassium that helps in better digestion and absorption of food in the stomach. Potassium is usually an alkalizing mineral that helps reduce the acidity of the stomach.
- contains a compound called protease inhibitors that helps eliminate certain bacteria in the stomach.
- Helps increase the ability of the sphincter to function properly, providing the essential force for the weak sphincter.
- is a food rich in protein sulfur helps in better digestion.
- banana is rich in fiber which acts as anti -. acid reflux by eliminating harmful toxins
- banana has a chemical that helps produce this mucus to stimulate the stomach lining for added protection of stomach acids.
- also has an excellent source of minerals, vitamins (B6) and fiber that strengthens the esophagus.
- contains several components that help suppress the secretion of acid in the stomach and maintains the proper pH level in the stomach.
Using banana to treat acid reflux:
Here are some effective ways to treat acid reflux slowly and completely.
- Eat bananas before or after meals.
- OR Add bananas to your cereal every morning, yogurt, smoothies and salads.
- eating bread or low-fat banana, banana muffins, banana sandwich with cinnamon, fruit plate (excluding citrus), banana cake, etc.
2. banana with cinnamon and sugar
- Peel a ripe banana and slice.
- sprinkle a little sugar and a pinch of cinnamon to it.
- Have these banana pieces for better digestion regularly.
3. Banana Oatmeal
Oatmeal is a whole grain food that neutralizes stomach acid, reduce pain and other symptoms acid reflux or heartburn. This combinatorial process is one of the best ways to treat gastroesophageal reflux or GERD.
- Peel a ripe banana and slice.
- Add to cooked oatmeal and stir.
- Eat like a daily breakfast to cure acid reflux and constipation.
4. Avocado and Banana Smoothie
- Bananas – 3-4
- avocado (peeled) – part 1/2
- Cinnamon (ground) – 1/2 teaspoon
- almond – 1 ½ cups
- honey – 1 tablespoon
- Chia seeds – 1 tablespoon
- vanilla paste – 1/2 teaspoon
- bee pollen – 1 tablespoon
- ice cubes
- Mix all ingredients in a high speed in a blender for 3 minutes.
- Drink this smoothie at least twice a week.
5. Smoothies Strawberry Banana with
- Banana – 1/2 1
- – 1 cup strawberries
- mango juice – 1/2 cup
- Yogurt (fat) – 1/4 cup
- Mix all ingredients together in a high speed for a few minutes until it becomes smooth.
- Have this smoothie (by adding ice, as needed) regularly.
6. Banana Smoothie
banana when combined with milk exhibits better antacid properties that helps reduce the secretion of acid in the stomach.
- Banana – 1 to 2
- milk or soy milk
- Place the banana pieces in a blender.
- Add enough milk or soy milk.
- Blend at high speed and then add a little honey.
- Or you can also recharge the milkshake with a few pieces of small chopped banana.
- Drink this shake regularly.
Can bananas causes acid reflux?
Eating unripe banana causes acid reflux because potassium in which becomes potassium nitrate leading to acid reflux. It contains an indigestible carbohydrate which promote intestinal fermentation, which in turn leads to acid reflux. With banana ripening becomes more acidic and causes heartburn.
is always advisable to eat fresh banana is neither immature and more mature. Eat 3 bananas when you have acid reflux to see if the problem is increasing or cure.
Tips & Warnings:
Follow these tips when used to treat acid reflux banana.
- If you are suffering from fructose intolerance, which is a form of sugar that resists proper digestion, then consult your doctor before using over this banana diet.
- Bananas contain a lot of insoluble fiber, so that if you eat a lot, which causes abdominal pain, gas and bloating.
- have proteins that are similar to latex cause allergies in some people. Therefore, consult your doctor before using these treatments.
- Make sure you get an appointment with your gastroenterologist if something goes wrong.
Do you know of any other method of bananas for the treatment of acid reflux or GERD or worked for you? Then do not forget to share your experience with us.
Refrence : http://homeremediesforlife.com/banana-for-acid-reflux/