Why have acid reflux?
Acid reflux is heartburn felt below the chest area and experienced a bitter taste in the back of the throat. During acid reflux, the lower esophageal sphincter (LES) does not contract normally results in the reflux of gastric acid from the stomach into the esophagus, causing heartburn and sore throat.
During digestion, stomach acids are released into the stomach. Since the stomach is coated with a protective coating, the acid produced internal walls of the stomach can not corrode. But esophagus does not contain any coating such protection. During acid reflux and gastric acid into the esophagus upflow and corrodes their sensitive internal muscles, causing irritation and heartburn.
How acid reflux occurs?
food before reaching the stomach for digestion, moves from the mouth to the esophagus and into a LES, a control value at the point of entry of the stomach. The valve controls the flow of food into the stomach and contracts immediately when food passes into the stomach. However, in certain cases, when the valve does not shrink as needed, gastric acid from the stomach to recover and travel back into the esophagus causing heartburn and throat.
Several symptoms and causes of acid reflux:
The various acid reflux symptoms include bloating, belching, gas, heartburn, bitter taste and throat irritation. When a person experiences heartburn for more than twice a week, chances are you may be suffering from acid reflux disease. Sometimes heartburn is so severe that it takes as a heart attack. The various causes of acid reflux may be unhealthy lifestyle, overweight, smoking, inadequate sleep and heavy foods.
honey as a natural remedy for acid reflux
Honey can help minimize the symptoms of acid reflux. Acts as a natural healing agent to relieve esophageal tract and help eliminate bacteria overgrowth. Honey also contains vitamins, minerals, amino acids and enzymes that help the digestive system functioning. A teaspoon of honey taken before meals can reduce the symptoms of acid reflux.
honey Help Acid Reflux?
Honey is one of the most amazing food on earth loaded with enormous health benefits. Find application in cosmetics, medicine, food and drinks. Some of the amazing benefits of honey are, acts as a natural skin moisturizer, softens the skin, relieves sore throat, reduces inflammation, relieves cough and stimulates the immune system.
- The antibacterial property of honey relieves irritation of the esophagus roads, repair damaged tissues and heal damaged cells caused by acid reflux.
- Honey relieves sore throat, calming internal tract esophagus corroded by gastric acids for acid reflux.
- Honey is an inexhaustible source of essential enzymes that promote the proper functioning of the digestive system and reduces acid reflux.
How to make honey for acid reflux?
Method 1 – honey with warm water
- Mix a teaspoon of honey in a glass of warm water
- take 1 hour before meals for relief acid reflux.
- Note :. Take care that the water is not too hot, while adding honey
Method 2 – Honey
- 1 teaspoon organic honey or raw can be directly taken orally whenever you experience symptoms of acid reflux.
Method 3 – Cinnamon and organic honey
- Add the cinnamon stick 1 inch to 2 cups of water and simmer for a few minutes to extract the flavors cinnamon.
- Remove from heat and mix 1 teaspoon of organic honey. Drinking this tasty decoction significantly reduce the symptoms of acid reflux and eases the feeding tube.
- cinnamon stimulates digestive enzymes for proper digestion and stimulates the digestive system as well.
Method 4 – cinnamon and organic honey
- Sprinkle 3 / 4th teaspoon cinnamon 1 tablespoon honey.
- Taking this mixture after meals helps digest food, even heavy.
Method 5 – Honey with ginger tea
- Add one teaspoon of organic honey you cup of ginger tea for additional health benefits.
- The mixture of ginger and honey soothes and relaxes the esophagus, kills bad bacteria in the stomach and promotes a healthy digestive system.
Method 6 – Honey with chamomile tea
- when taken with honey chamomile tea helps neutralize digestive acids, reduce the acidity of stomach and soothe the throat irritating.
- Drinking this tea 3-4 times a day between meals helps promote normal digestion.
Method 7 – Honey shakes
- One of the tasty ways of using honey is add a tablespoon of honey to any citrus juice not to your taste .
- try mixing honey with pineapple juice to improve digestion and minimize the symptoms of acid reflux.
Method 8 – Honey with frozen yogurt
- What can be a healthy dessert frozen yogurt with honey? Choose frozen yogurt made with organic milk.
- Simply fill dessert with some raw honey for sweetness and flavor.
- Yogurt contains good bacteria that is healthy for the stomach and stimulates the growth of beneficial bacteria in the gut. It also aids in digestion and elimination of toxins from the body.
Tips and precautions
- The raw honey and organic honey loaded with essential nutrients are the best option. Try to avoid pasteurized honey as the effect of the heat destroys its essential healthy compounds.
- Never heat directly honey, instead of honey, otherwise easily flows out of the bottle, place the container in a bath of hot water, away from the heat for a few minutes to restore the natural viscosity of honey .
- When honey is left in a cool dark place for a while longer, it tends to crystallize. But this does not alter its healthful properties. Just placing the bottle of honey in a warm bath away from direct heat restores the natural softness of honey.
- Since honey is rich in sugar content a direct impact on the levels of blood sugar it occurs. Therefore, people with diabetes are advised to take honey in small quantities with caution.
- who are allergic to honey bees or pollen people have to use honey with caution. This ingredient is also not advisable for babies as the immune system of babies are not fully developed.
Adopting a healthy lifestyle and the use of honey in the right way can relieve the symptoms of acid reflux.
However, the doctor is recommended before taking any natural remedies for acid reflux and treatment of SLE and damaged if any.
Refrence : http://homeremediesforlife.com/honey-for-acid-reflux/