Acne is the most common skin problem facing more teenage people middle-aged. This occurred when hair follicles come in contact with oil and dead skin cells, when the sebaceous (or fat) are mixed with the male hormones that are produced by the adrenal glands of men and women, then it occurs as pimples, black or white heads, cysts, etc., on the face, neck, chest, shoulders, back side of the body, etc.
Garlic is a common herb that is often used to flavor food, but in recent years, also used as a medicament for the treatment of wide range of diseases and conditions that are caused by fungi , viral bacterial infections. So you can use garlic to treat acne is caused due to bacteria and also those whose suffering from oily skin where there is excess production of oils in the skin which leads to acne blemishes. Here we will know how the garlic is used as an alternative treatment to treat certain types of acne.
Garlic helps acne?
Here are some properties of garlic in which some or all of these will add to the acne treatment to cure thoroughly mentioned.
- Garlic has properties anti – bacterial, anti-fungal, anti – viral and anti – septic properties that help to prevent clogging of the pores and therefore reduce acne. But remember not to use this undiluted garlic to prevent stinging or burning skin applied.
- has stronger anti – oxidant property that helps fight free radicals that cause damage to cells of the body or skin that is not even easy to repair. The use of garlic prevent this damage and therefore the formation of acne and skin problems as the other aging, wrinkles, pimples avoided, etc.
- Allicin is a compound in garlic that gives spicy taste and smell. It rots last antioxidant called sulfonic acid in which both radicals react very quickly sulfenic acid other than any other antioxidants, as obtained, limited only by the time that the two molecules take time to contact each other. Also, no one who saw to natural or synthetic compounds to react as quickly as antioxidants.
- Regular consumption of garlic will help strengthen the immune system and thereby improves overall health than treating acne.
- has anti – inflammatory properties that help reduce pain, irritation and discomfort caused by acne. Soothes irritated skin, but be sure not to pass this garlic for a longer time on the skin why, because it causes a burning sensation on the skin.
- acts as a drying agent and acne dried and also removes acne scars on the skin.
- that helps improve blood circulation that allows skin tissue to properly receive all the vitamins and minerals that are essential for healthy skin. So always use cloves garlic, minced or diced to activate allicin in it to clear acne and other skin problems.
- have called thiacremonon sulfur compounds in which sulfur is usually used as a drying agent to the skin to prevent excessive excess fat that causes acne.
- The use garlic regularly or eating raw garlic not only removes acne but also prevents new acne formations on the skin. This also prevents the formation of pimples, blemishes, pimples or anything that are enemies of beauty.
- has an excellent source of several anti-acne nutrients like vitamins (C and B6), minerals, selenium, copper, allicin, zinc (used to control sebum) and other phytonutrients that help prevent acne.
- also helps reduce acne breakouts battling insulin resistance which in turn linked to acne. In general, cells insulin-resistant body has trouble responding to the actions of the hormone insulin which further leads to diabetes, but the use of two compounds of garlic and garlic oil and diallyl trisulfide helps improve sensitivity insulin, which refers back to the body’s ability to adequately respond to the actions of insulin. Thus, garlic is very effective in fighting acne.
How to use garlic for acne:
Garlic can be used in many different ways to treat acne effectively. Some are mentioned here and you have to be careful when using these remedies because garlic is a strong compound and may cause some burning sensation when applied to the skin.
Method – 1: (Garlic cloves in water)
- cloves garlic – 2-3
- Water – 1 cup
- cotton ball / pad
- Take garlic and crush it to extract their juice.
- Add the crushed garlic cloves in water.
- mix well and let stand in water for about 10 -. 12 minutes
- Next, take a cotton ball / pad and dip it in the water.
- soak for a minute or two and apply it on acne affected areas of the skin.
- let it sit for a few minutes until it dries completely.
- Finally rinse with water to clean the garlic and acne.
- The application of garlic juice will also help prevent redness and inflammation caused by acne.
- Continue this process until cleared regularly acne on the skin.
Method – 2: (Garlic cloves in the Aloe Vera)
- Take teeth garlic and freshly taken aloe vera gel aloe vera leaf.
- Then apply aloe vera gel with a clove of garlic on the affected skin area.
- Rub gently for a minute or two.
- let it sit for a few minutes without disturbing it.
- Rinse with water and dry the skin.
- regulate the application of this garlic – aloe vera gel on the acne affected area of skin to skin completely
method – 3:. (Garlic with yogurt)
- cloves garlic – 2-4
- The yogurt – 1 tablespoon
- first, the face thoroughly wash and dry the skin.
- Take garlic cloves and place in blender.
- Blend to fine paste and then add the yogurt to it.
- Stir well to make fine paste.
- Apply this paste on the entire acne affected areas of the face including the neck.
- let it sit for a few minutes until completely dried.
- applied Rinse the area with clean water to remove the garlic -. Yogurt mixture on the skin
- dry the skin with the help of a soft towel.
- This process has to be followed regularly until the acne has completely clear skin.
Method – 4: (Ajo spot treatment)
is always suggested to avoid the application of garlic on the skin without diluting in water or something else. Also be careful if you are using it for the first time as it will cause some severe skin burns. Here the process explained on doing this spot treatment for acne by using garlic.
- Take raw garlic cloves and crush or cut into pieces that trigger allicin production.
- Mix these cloves of garlic in a little water (remember more water for people with sensitive skin).
- then remove the garlic mixture and rub all over acne spots.
- let stand for about 10-15 minutes (if garlic is used for the first time) or left overnight
- After this time, rinse with water and dry the skin. .
- regulate this process until completely erased acne skin.
Method – 5: (Garlic Paste)
- cloves garlic – 3-5
- – 2 tablespoons water
- gentle cleanser
- the warm water
- first, wash the acne affected areas skin with a gentle cleanser and warm water.
- Take garlic and grate properly.
- Then add water and shake well to be fine paste.
- Apply this paste on the face and other affected areas of acne.
- massage gently for a few minutes and leave for another 5 – 7 minutes
- Finally wash with warm water and dry the skin.
- regularly monitor this skin will certainly help clear up acne and their types, along with their symptoms.
Method – 6: (garlic with vinegar)
- Garlic cloves
- cotton ball
- The warm water
- Take garlic finely and crush.
- Squeeze the garlic cloves to extract their juice in a small bowl.
- Then add the same amount of vinegar to the garlic juice.
- mix well until a good solution.
- Now take a cotton ball and dip it in the solution.
- gently apply this solution especially acne affected areas of the skin.
- let it sit for about 5 -. 10 minutes without disturbing
- finish the process by rinsing garlic skin areas with warm water applied.
- For more effective results, do this process daily for a few days until the acne has completely clear skin.
Method – 7: (garlic with hot water)
- Garlic cloves
- Hot water – 1 / 2 cup
- gentle cleanser
- Take garlic finely and crush to make it stick.
- Then add hot water for the pasta.
- Stir well and have a clean, dry cloth.
- Dip the cloth in water garlic.
- Apply this on the acne affected areas of the skin.
- Allow to dry naturally for a few minutes.
- wash with a soft and light cleaning to reduce acne and breakouts.
- This process does not cause any burning or irritation of the skin applied, so you can use this process without any hesitation.
- repeat the same process regularly to get rid of acne with their symptoms.
Method – 8: (direct application of garlic)
Ensure whereas after this process is applying the garlic directly on the skin. We all know that garlic causes a burning sensation when applied topically undiluted. However, for some people who have sensitive skin and will not cause any burning sensation or pain when the garlic is applied to the skin for those people are eligible to try this method.
- Take garlic finely and crush.
- to apply the crushed garlic cloves in the affected areas of skin.
- In this process, garlic applied directly will destroy the bacteria that cause acne and therefore helps to soothe the skin.
- is left for a few minutes and then remove the garlic agglomeration applied skin.
- Be sure to perform the crush garlic skin whenever you get any burning or itchy skin applied.
- wash it with cold water and dry the skin.
- Apply moisturizer to prevent burning sensation on the skin.
- make this process regularly until cleared the acne.
Method – 9: (homemade garlic Chemical Peel)
Garlic has allicin containing anti-fungal anti-bacterial, anti-viral and helps treat acne with great success. It acts as a cleanser to treat acne and other skin problems by fungi. So using this mask garlic as a chemical peel for the face is a better option to get rid of acne as this peel helps correct sun damage, eliminate pimples and blackheads, reduces excess fat from the skin, aging, etc. so here is the process of how to apply this homemade garlic peel for acne.
- Garlic cloves
- Bowl with lid
- hot water
- first, having teeth garlic and peel it off your skin with a vegetable peeler.
- Take a grater and rub against each tooth grater.
- Then take a spoon and place the cloves grated garlic in a bowl.
- Press the flat end of the spoon on these pieces of garlic and pull the bucket toward the workpiece to apply the paste on the plate.
- This process helps to form a thin paste of garlic which is useful for easily spread across the face.
- Now a thin layer of garlic paste is applied to all acne affected areas of the face with the help of the fingers.
- But make sure that this dough should not get into the eyes, mouth and nose while applied to the face.
- Add the paste on your face for about 15 -. 20 minutes
- Place the lid on the container and place in the refrigerator to use the remaining garlic paste in the morning.
- after it dries completely, then wash your face with warm water to remove the garlic in the face.
- dry your face with a clean towel and allow to air dry completely.
- stop this process by applying face moisturizer to avoid dryness and also to lock moisture to the skin.
- To regulate this process to get relief from acne within days. But stop this, if it causes burning sensation on the skin.
Method – 10: (garlic with olive oil)
The mixture of garlic and olive oil helps clear up acne from the inside out, if you follow this process regularity.
- cloves garlic – 4
- Olive oil – 4 tablespoons
- airtight container with adequate cover
- Water – 1 cup
- Take garlic and peel it off the skin fresh.
- Place these cloves of garlic in a food processor or blender.
- Add the extra virgin olive oil to it and finely mixed for 30 seconds until the mixture forms thick paste.
- transfer this paste in a small airtight container.
- Then take a spoonful of this mixture with water.
- store the remaining mixture in the refrigerator that can store this for approximately 48 hours without discard.
- make this process twice a day and also for more effective results, drink 8 oz glasses of water each day throughout this process.
Method – 11: (garlic oil)
- Garlic oil
- Hot water
- cotton ball
- Take a small bowl and pour enough oil of natural garlic in it.
- Dip a cotton ball and apply this oil on acne affected areas of the skin.
- massage gently for a few minutes.
- and let rest for a few minutes to overnight.
- After wash the garlic oil applied acne affected areas of the skin with warm water and mild detergent.
- keep doing this process until it is released regularly acne.
Method – 12: (garlic with apple cider vinegar)
Garlic helps kill bacteria that cause acne and apple cider vinegar helps regulate levels pH of the skin to make it healthy and beautiful. So this combination certainly acts as strong acne medication for treating the same.
- Garlic pods
- Apple cider vinegar – 1 teaspoon
- take a few pods of garlic and crush with a mallet.
- Then add the cider vinegar in it raw and pasteurized apple.
- Shake well and apply this mixture on the affected areas of skin acne.
- massage for a few minutes and then let it dry naturally for a few minutes.
- Finally, wash with water and dry the skin.
- This process has to be continued once daily until the acne has cleared the skin.
Method – 13: (garlic oil carrier)
- Garlic clove
- carrier oil like oil olive or jojoba oil or almond
- colander or sieve
- take a few cloves of garlic and peel it off the skin thoroughly.
- Allow the teeth to get to air dry for a few minutes.
- Then take a pan and pour oil on it wearer.
- place this pan into the fire or stove.
- heat it for a few minutes and then add these cloves of garlic in it.
- Or you can add the crushed garlic cloves in it.
- let it warm up for about 15 -. 20 minutes occasionally
- Remember that you must remove the garlic until it turns brown and then lightly blackish.
- Now strain the oil to discard the garlic cloves with strainer.
- Wait a few minutes for the oil to cool completely.
- After it cools, then apply the garlic infused oil on acne affected skin areas.
- is left for a few minutes to overnight.
- store the remaining oil in an airtight container for later use.
- After that, wash with warm water and mild soap.
- Continue this same process daily until the acne along with their symptoms has been completely removed from the skin.
Method – 14: (garlic with honey and fresh leaves of comfrey)
This process helps to clean the skin and therefore reduces the development of blackheads and acne. Garlic kills bacteria that cause acne. Honey acts as a great skin softener and moisturizer to help soothe and heal skin irritation. Arriving at Comfrey, it used for centuries to treat many skin problems and this is especially good for treating pimples and acne.
- clove of fresh garlic – 1-3
- fresh comfrey – handful
- of large knife
- soft cloth
- Take a clove of garlic and mash with the help of the flat side of a knife.
- You can do this simply by the flat side of the blade in the garlic and hit him with his fist side.
- Remove the peel and continue to grind the garlic until it turns into pulp.
- , then honey is heated slightly, either by placing this on the stove or in the microwave.
- Libra fresh comfrey leaves and add enough honey in it.
- Crush the leaves to be as thin paste by mixing honey in it.
- Now add crushed garlic in this mixture of honey and comfrey.
- mix well until all ingredients are well mixed.
- Take a soft cloth you have to warm up a bit.
- dip it in the garlic, mix honey and comfrey and apply this in the face.
- Let this mask sit on the face overnight without disturbing it.
- The next morning, rinse with cold or warm water correctly.
- Or, you can use this mixture especially breakouts or pimples particularly bad instead of covering the face in general.
- make this process regularly until he saw the skin as the skin acne cleared.
Method – 15: (Raw garlic for acne)
Eating garlic raw form is one of the effective ways to treat acne scars and methods. This intake of raw garlic not only helps eliminate acne, but also cure many health problems and, if taken regularly.
- take a fresh raw garlic cloves and crush or cut or grate or mince properly.
- Then take these garlic cloves and bring them down to get relief from acne and its symptoms.
- regularly consume any way to get rid of acne.
- Or you can add the crushed garlic cloves raw and put on meals for dinner and have this to cover its strong taste and smell.
- avoid eating too much of raw garlic can overheat the body and cause many health problems, so eat in moderation.
Method – 16: (garlic with honey and yogurt)
This process is especially useful for those who can not stand the stinging sensation garlic that occurs when applied on the skin, simply telling the owners of sensitive skin. This process is explained on how to use garlic in the face for acne.
- Garlic pods
- Honey – 1/2 teaspoon
- Yogurt – 2 tablespoons
- Take pods of garlic and crush them.
- Then add honey, yogurt to it.
- Stir well to make fine paste.
- Apply this paste as a mask around the face.
- Wait about 20 -. 30 minutes or until completely dry
- wash with water to clean not only the paste of garlic, but also acne on the face slowly.
- Or you can use garlic oil. (2-4 drops) or garlic powder (1/2 teaspoon) instead of raw garlic pods to get rid of acne
- make this process of applying face mask garlic regularly until get rid of the problem.
Method – 17: (turmeric and garlic with Manuka Honey Mask)
In this process, garlic has anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-virals they help fight pimples. Turmeric, apart from these has another property called anti – inflammatory that helps relieve inflammation and discomfort caused due to acne. Manuka honey (produced in New Zealand) helps heal blemished skin and thus prevents breakouts. So this garlic, turmeric and process manuka honey is very effective remedy for treating acne and its scars too.
- cloves garlic – 6
- Manuka honey – 2-3 teaspoons
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Take garlic cloves and crush them.
- Add manuka honey and turmeric powder in it.
- Stir well to make fine paste.
- Apply this paste on acne-prone skin areas.
- let it sit for a few minutes to dry completely.
- washing with water and drying the skin.
- regulate this process to reduce acne and prevent future out comings.
Method – 18: (garlic oil with salicylic acid)
Both garlic oil and salicylic acid are very beneficial to get rid of acne pimples. They are high in antiseptic and antibacterial properties that help get rid of bacteria and therefore acne.
- garlic oil – 1-2 drops
- Salicylic acid – 1-2 drops
- cotton ball or swab
- first, take a cotton ball and pour garlic oil in it.
- Then add salicylic acid to it.
- Mix on the ball and apply the cotton ball on the acne affected area.
- Do the same process for the areas of remaining acne affected skin.
- leave for a few minutes then rinse thoroughly.
- repeat the same process until cleared regularly acne pimples on the skin.
is garlic Good for acne scars?
Acne usually causes pimples or blackheads, which is then treated sheets, whether temporary or permanent scars. These scars appear as pockmarks or superficial skin depressions. For the treatment of these scars, dermatologists suggest a cream that causes scaling to be minimized or disappear acne scars. But the natural way of dealing with garlic gives lasting results and fewer side effects.
Garlic is an excellent remedy for treating acne scars, minimizing outbreaks like this.
- has antioxidants that help prevent free radicals which in turn leave scars on the skin.
- has sulfur, zinc, calcium, vitamin E, which helps tissue formation proper skin by clearing old skin cells and dead.
- Improved proper circulation of blood throughout the body also helps to eliminate scars and regeneration of new skin cells to maintain proper pH balance of the skin.
These are the processes that help remove skin scars.
Refrence : http://homeremediesforlife.com/garlic-for-acne/