Image – HuffPost
Acne is a common skin condition that most people will suffer at some point in their lives. It occurs when hair follicles become clogged with dead skin cells, dirt and oil, and appears on the face, neck, chest, shoulders and back.
When acne is gone, you can often leave you with scars. Most acne scars fade away on their own, however, this takes a very long time. Baking soda helps to accelerate this process and prevents hyperpigmentation.
Sodium bicarbonate helps acne scars?
Sodium bicarbonate has a lot of properties that help in skin care. Here are some reasons why.
- has excellent exfoliating properties that dry the skin by removing dirt, dead skin cells and oil are trapped in the pores.
- balances the pH level of the skin that helps prevent bacteria from forming lumps.
- has anti-inflammatory properties that relieves irritation and red marks from acne scars.
- helps stimulate collagen growth to fill acne scars indented. This helps in shedding the skin and stimulates the growth of skin.
- Help scrapping soft scar tissue layer by layer.
- This effectively dries the oil is trapped in the skin and prevents scarring.
- cleans the pores and helps prevent blemishes and other scars, remove the outer layer of the skin and regenerates a younger layer of new skin cells.
How to use baking soda for acne scars:
1. Baking soda
When baking soda is mixed with water, exhibits several properties that help to clarify many skin problems.
- Mix 2 tablespoons baking soda and 1 tablespoon water to make a paste.
- Apply to face as a facial mask, focusing more on acne affected areas.
- Massage gently for 2 -. 3 minutes in a circular motion
- let it dry for 5 -. 10 minutes and then rinse thoroughly with warm water
- Repeat this twice a week.
- Mix 2 teaspoons of baking soda and water together.
- Using a cotton ball, apply the mixture all over the face.
- focus more on scar affected areas.
- leave it overnight and wash the next morning.
- keep doing this process regularly.
- Apply dry baking soda directly on clean, dry scars, acne affected areas.
- Leave for about 15-20 minutes and then wash properly
- reapply the baking soda regularly to get rid of scars..
2. Baking soda with olive oil
Olive oil has natural anti-oxidant properties, anti – inflammatory, soothing and moisturizing not only help treat acne scars, but all types of scars. When olive oil is mixed with sodium bicarbonate, which helps remove dead skin cells and lightens scars. moisturizing nutrients olive oil penetrate the skin to deeply moisturize and soften the texture of the skin to reduce acne scars.
- mixture of baking soda and olive oil to form a paste.
- Apply scars and massage for 5 -. 7 minutes
- Rinse with warm water.
- continue this process regularly.
- Add a few drops of water a teaspoon of baking soda.
- Rub the baking soda into the affected areas.
- Rinse thoroughly and dry skin.
- Apply a sufficient amount of olive oil for the skin.
- massage for a few minutes and leave overnight.
- washing with water the next morning.
- Repeat this process 3-4 times a day.
3. Baking soda with baking powder
- Mix 3 tablespoons of baking soda, 1 tablespoon baking powder and water to make a paste.
- Apply acne scars and leave overnight.
- rinse with warm water the next morning.
- repeat this process regularly.
4. Baking soda with Cleaning
- Mix a little baking soda in your regular cleanser.
- take about 1/2 teaspoon of this cleanser in your hands and apply to the face.
- Massage gently for 30 seconds, focusing more on oily parts and congested skin.
- Leave for 5 minutes and rinse with cool water.
- Pat dry and apply moisturizer.
- This process makes the skin feel tight, but erase the scars effectively.
5. Baking soda with Aloe Vera
Aloe vera has an anti – inflammatory property that helps to cure acne scars very quickly. This combinatorial process also prevents excess fat, tightens and moisturizes the skin and makes it soft.
- mixture of baking soda and aloe vera (gel or juice) to form a paste.
- Apply scars skin areas affected.
- let it sit for a few minutes until dry.
- rinse with tap water and dry skin.
- continue this process regularly to reduce acne scars.
6. Baking soda with hydrogen peroxide
- mixture of baking soda and hydrogen peroxide until all the foam disappears.
- Applying this to acne scars.
- Scrub gently for a few minutes before taking a shower.
- Repeat this at least once a week.
- test this process before using it regularly.
7. Baking soda with apple cider vinegar
This process has two parts, you have to follow the masks baking powder one day and then the apple cider vinegar soaks the next.
- mixture of baking soda and water to make a paste.
- Apply this paste on the scars clean and dry acne.
- Allow to air dry and then wash thoroughly.
- The next day, soak a clean cloth in a solution of apple cider vinegar.
- Add a little water to vinegar if you have sensitive skin.
- Drain the soaked cloth to remove excess vinegar.
- Dab on the face or the area of skin where scars.
- leave for 20 minutes then rinse with water.
- repeat the same process regularly to get complete relief.
8. Baking soda with lemon juice
Lemon not only dries out pimples, but the acid in the lemon juice bleaches redness caused by acne scars. It has antibacterial, astringent and mild bleaching properties.
- Add 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice 1-3 tablespoons of baking soda.
- Mix well and apply on the acne scars.
- Leave for 5 to 10 minutes to dry
- Rinse with tap water and dry skin..
- Apply olive oil to the skin and massage for a few minutes.
- Leave a few hours.
- keep doing this process twice a week.
This process is used to treat acne scars not only, but also pimples and cysts. It is also good for people with sensitive skin.
- Mix water, fresh lemon juice and baking soda in a bowl to make a paste.
- Apply this paste on the acne scars.
- Let stand for at least 20 minutes. The dough should become hard and crunchy.
- Remove the crispy bit, but be sure not wash.
- you can also cover this with a little concealer to exit.
- repeat the same process regularly.
9. Baking soda with orange juice
- Mix 1 tablespoon of baking soda and 1 teaspoon of orange juice and pulp .
- Apply this on the acne scars affected areas.
- rub gently in a circular motion for a few minutes.
- Leave for about 15 -. 20 minutes and then rinse with clean water
- Dry skin with a soft towel or clean cloth and apply moisturizer.
- repeat the same process on a regular basis to get rid of acne scars.
10. Baking soda and cinnamon and honey
- Baking soda – 1 teaspoon
- cinnamon – 1/2 teaspoon
- honey – 1 tablespoon
- The cold water
- Mix baking soda, cinnamon powder and honey together into a fine paste.
- wash your face thoroughly and dry.
- Apply this paste of baking soda acne scars as a mask.
- Leave for 15-20 minutes and wash with cold water
- Dry skin and apply moisturizer..
- repeating this process twice a week.
11. Baking soda with lemon, tea tree oil and water
- Baking soda – 1 teaspoon
- lemon juice – 1/2 teaspoon
- tea tree oil – 2-3 drops
- Mix baking soda, freshly squeezed lemon juice, water and tea oil for a paste.
- Apply this on the entire face as a facial mask, focusing more on areas with acne scars.
- Leave for10 – 15 minutes, then rinse with warm water
- Dry skin and apply moisturizer..
12. Baking soda and honey for acne scars
Honey acts as a natural moisturizer that helps fade scarring and promotes regeneration and rapid healing of the skin. For best results, use raw honey.
- Mix equal amounts of organic honey and baking soda to make a thin paste.
- Apply this paste on the affected areas of the scar.
- face massage for 3 -. A 5
- Place a warm cloth over the paste for deep and rapid penetration.
- When the cloth cools, use it to clean the baking soda and honey mixture.
- Use this mask process regularly.
- Combine 2 teaspoons of raw, organic honey with 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- spread this acne scars in affected areas.
- Rub gently for a few minutes to eliminate waste and improve collagen.
- Rinse with warm water.
Tips and precautions to be followed while using baking soda for acne scars:
Here are some effective tips and precautions to be followed when using this baking soda to remove acne scars.
- to test before using sodium bicarbonate.
- This makes the skin dry. Therefore, we recommend using a natural moisturizer after using one of the methods.
- should not vigorously rub the baking soda on the skin.
- For more effective results, use these remedies at night before going to bed as cell regeneration is enhanced at night.
- If you used the lemon juice, always apply sunscreen before going outside.
- Sodium bicarbonate may cause some itching or burning. Wash immediately if this happens.
- The amounts listed here may vary depending on the severity of acne scars.
- Always consult your dermatologist if it is subjected to a treatment for skin care or at least in the process goes wrong.
Do you know any other method of baking soda to remove acne scars? Feel free to share your experience with us free.
Refrence : http://homeremediesforlife.com/baking-soda-for-acne-scars/