What is acid reflux?
Acid reflux is a burning sensation experienced in the inner bottom of the chest. It occurs when the lower esophageal sphincter (LES) is more relaxing often causing gastric reflux of stomach acid into the esophagus. The consumed food moves from the mouth to the esophagus or food pipe, passes through the opening LES stomach to finally reach the stomach.
LES acts as a valve control and contracts immediately after the food pipe food passes through it and into the stomach. When the control valve does not shrink or open frequently gastric stomach acids flow back and moves up to the supply line this irritating way of internal muscles of heartburn and throat causing.
The symptoms of acid reflux
If a person experiences heart burn more than twice in a week , it may be the case of acid reflux disease. It is one of the most common health problems faced by many. A recent survey reveals that nearly half of Americans experience acid reflux during certain times of life, sometimes severe heartburn face. Several acid reflux symptoms include gas, chest pain or heartburn, belching, abdominal distension, bitter taste, experiencing discomfort lying down or bending . Coconut oil shows as a natural agent to provide relief from heart burn and fight acid reflux.
Coconut oil helps in Reflex acid?
coconut obtained from white meat to fully mature coconuts. The oil is widely used in the preparation of cosmetics, in pharmaceuticals, foods and beverages. If you have acid reflex then coconut oil can be very useful.
Let’s see how this oil helps fight heartburn.
- The intake of coconut oil coats the lining of the esophagus and throat. The protective coating prevents irritation and pain caused by acid reflux. Scientific studies reveal that acid reflux can also be correlated to the overgrowth of bacteria in the stomach.
- Coconut oil has natural antiseptic to kill fungi, bacteria and minimize the overgrowth of bacteria. Taking coconut oil helps kill bacteria in the gut associated with acid reflux.
- Most people with acid reflux experience severe heart burn when they are delivered to large meals. Eating food causes indigestion as the stomach is unable to break down all the food that is consumed quickly. Taking coconut oil when taken before meals gives a feeling of satiety. Therefore, prevents overeating and useful in weight loss as well.
- Studies show that contains coconut oil (medium chain triglycerides (MCT) which can be easily digested by the human body and provide health benefits.
- Lauric acid oil coconut acts as an anti-microbial agent to slow the growth of bad bacteria in the stomach.
taking coconut oil for acid reflux?
coconut oil is a natural home remedy for acid reflux. a protective layer along the feeding tube protecting the entire tract from the corrosive effect of gastric acid caused by acid reflux is formed. Here are some of the useful methods about using coconut oil for heartburn.
Method 1 extra virgin coconut oil
- Take 1 teaspoon extra virgin coconut oil by mouth three times a day can help alleviate acid reflux and soothe sore throats.
- It is recommended to start with half teaspoon and gradually increase the dose to avoid side effects such as nausea and upset stomach.
Method 2 – extra virgin coconut oil to smoothies
- People who are not accustomed to the taste of coconut oil can instead choose to add 1 teaspoon this oil to your favorite smoothie.
- To make a tasty glass of coconut oil yogurt smoothie to take 1/2 cup of thick yogurt, 1 packet of stevia, ½ cup crushed ice, 1 ripe banana, 1 teaspoon of olive oil coconut oil, virgin teaspoon vanilla and 1 tablespoon freshly grated coconut in a blender.
- Mix well with a beaten fine and enjoy.
- The healthy mix of yogurt and coconut oil promotes growth of good and bad bacteria helps kill bacteria in the gut.
Method 3 – cocoa butter baking
- Exchange of daily butter with cocoa butter baking healthy cookies, cakes and other baking recipes. In addition to making their healthier recipes, cocoa butter adds great flavor to baked goods.
Method 4 – Extra virgin coconut oil for cooking
- The oil can also be used to make delicious recipes. Coconut oil one to dish flavor is added.
- Certain vegetables like bananas taste great when cooked in drying oil rather than any other oil.
- Use coconut oil for greasing the pan for cooking pastry. The oil can also be used for greasing baking molds before baking.
Method 5 – coconut meat
- Coconut oil is extracted from the white meat of mature coconuts. Eat coconut meat can also help reap the benefits of coconut oil.
- Try adding fresh grated coconut desserts and smoothies. Delicious vegetarian meat also demonstrated good for the hair, skin and eyes.
Method 6 – coconut desserts
- Another way to include the benefits of coconut oil in your diet is to make desserts with coconut meat and mature coconut oil.
- To make porridge healthy coconut, pour 2 cups coconut milk in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Add 1 cup steel-cut oats, 1 tablespoon chopped almonds, 1 teaspoon cardamom powder, 1 teaspoon of coconut oil, 2 tablespoons grated coconut and sweetener.
- simmer and cook, stirring in between to make a healthy sweet dessert plate.
Tips and precautions
Coconut oil is known for its immense health benefits. But the oil comes with its own side effects as well.
- When the oil is taken directly by mouth the most common side effect observed is nausea. Therefore it is advised to always start with half a teaspoon and increase the dose to 1 teaspoon three times a day.
- Scientific studies have related to coconut oil as the oil contains saturated fat controversies higher than any other oil that increases the risk of heart disease. However, advocates oppose claiming that the oil contains only medium chain fatty acids and virgin coconut oil is easily available in the market today.
Coconut oil when taken within the limits can help soothe a sore throat caused by acid reflux, check the growth of bacteria in the gut, and to promote smooth and healthy digestive which functions to minimize acid reflux.
Refrence : http://homeremediesforlife.com/coconut-oil-for-acid-reflux/