Cold sores, also called fever blisters, are caused by the herpes simplex virus (HSV – 1), which it is closely related to H SV – 2, which causes genital herpes. Cold sores begin as fluid-filled blisters that appear on and around the lips, mouth and nose, sometimes grouping in patches. Once blister crust that forms on breaks, resulting in the family pain. Cold sores are spread through human contact, such as kissing and oral sex.
The symptoms of cold sores:
The following symptoms can often be seen in people who suffer from cold sores are listed.
- Colds and flu
- Ultraviolent radiation such as sunburn
- food allergies
- dental work
- changes in the immune system
- tingling and itching around the cold sore
- burning sensation around the cold sore
- Oozing and crusting
- sore throat
- muscular pain
- Swollen lymph nodes
home Remedies for cold sores
cold sores usually last about two weeks, and can return if your immune system is weak. However, there are ways to treat and prevent use of simple home remedies based on familiar ingredients you probably already have in your home. Want to know what they are? Let’s start!
1. Green tea bags
The nutrients and antioxidants in green tea help heal cold sores faster.
- Prepare green tea as directed on package.
- Once loaded, making the tea bag from the cup and set aside to cool.
- Drink hot tea while you’re waiting.
- Once cool, apply the tea bag on the cold sore for 5-10 minutes.
- Drinking green tea 3 times a day, tea bag and apply to the pain of every 3 hours.
- . Note: Cool tea bag for greater relief
Garlic is naturally antibacterial . It helps disinfect pain and speed the healing process. Eating garlic regularly.
- Crush garlic to make a paste.
- Apply the paste on the boil, leave for 5-10 minutes.
- Rinse with water. Do this every day.
To use echinacea, who left a piece of the root in the mouth, swish it around a few minutes, then swallow .
Chamomile contains bisabolol, a component that helps heal wounds.
- hot drink chamomile tea 3 times a day.
- Apply chamomile tincture sore directly 3 times a day.
Milk contains immunoglobulin and I-lysine amino acids, which help to heal the pain and relieve pain.
- soak a cotton ball in either raw milk or cold milk.
- Apply milk for cold sores, leave for 5 minutes.
- rinse with cold water.
- Repeat 3 times daily.
vanilla contains antibacterial properties that help kill the virus that causes cold sores. It also reduces inflammation and relieves pain.
- Take pure vanilla extract and use a cotton ball to apply it directly on the cold sore 3 times a day.
7. The tea tree oil
tea tree oil has antiseptic, antiviral, anti-fungal and antibiotic properties that help to treat and prevent infection.
1 part tea tree oil
- Mix with 3 parts water.
- apply to cold sores and leave for a few minutes.
8. The apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar kills the bacteria that cause infection and balance the pH levels of the skin and drying of the blister.
- Use a cotton ball to apply it directly on the cold sore 3 times a day.
- Also, mix 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of ice water.
- drink 3 times a day.
9. Hydrogen peroxide
Hydrogen peroxide is antibacterial, so it kills germs that cause infections.
- Use a cotton ball to apply to cold sores 3 times a day.
The glycyrrhizic acid in licorice stops the cold sore virus from spreading and prevent cold sores from recurring.
- Chew organic licorice root regularly.
- licorice powder or sprinkle on it and its surroundings.
- or powder mixture of licorice root with pinch of pure vegetable shortening.
- Apply this to the cold sore.
- Leave for 5 minutes, then rinse with water.
Polish Remover blister dry quickly.
- Use a cotton ball to apply the cold sore, leave it in 30 seconds to a minute.
- rinse with water.
- This can cause a slight burning sensation.
12. Peppermint oil
Peppermint oil fights the virus that causes cold sores.
- Apply a few drops of peppermint oil for cold sores.
- Leave for 5 minutes, rinse with cold water.
- Repeat twice a day to get relief from cold sore.
13. Reishi and astragalus
Reishi and astragalus both support the immune system
- Both come in supplement form, and should be taken 2 times a day to treat and prevent cold sores.
- take 600 mg of Reishi either powder or supplements.
Cornstarch relieves itching and burning sensation.
- Mix ½ teaspoon of cornstarch with enough water to make a thick paste.
- apply it to the cold sore, leave on for 5 minutes, then rinse with water.
raw, organic honey is a natural antibiotic. It relieves cold sores, while the fight against the virus that causes them.
- Eat 1 teaspoon a day.
- also apply directly to the boil, leave for 5 minutes, then rinse with water.
Mirra fight against all germs that cause cold sores.
- Mix 2 tablespoons powdered myrrh in a cup of hot water.
- Apply some of your pain, leave on for 5 minutes, then rinse with water.
- Repeat 3 times daily.
17. Aloe Vera
The aloe vera is naturally anti-bacterial, so that fights the virus that causes cold sores while soothing the pain .
- Apply aloe vera gel organic fresh in the mouth sore.
- is left for a few minutes and rinse.
- Repeat at least 3 times a day.
camphor numbs the pain.
- Use a cotton ball to apply it to the cold sore when necessary.
- Leave for a few minutes.
- benzocaine, lidocaine, benzyl alcohol, phenol and tetracaine can be used instead of camphor.
Foods to Avoid:
- Acidic foods
- Salty foods
- Foods containing arginine, such as chocolate, nuts and whole grains.
- Artificial sweeteners and refined sugars
- The processed and packaged foods
- artificial colorings, flavorings, preservatives and
- foods containing saturated fatty acids and trans fatty acids such as fast food and frozen meals.
foods that prevent cold sores:
- Get plenty of lysine by eating fresh vegetables and fruits, fish, beans, turkey and chicken, dairy products such as yogurt, eggs, milk and cheese, mangoes, tomatoes, avocados, apples, beets, apricots, pears and cabbage, etc.
- Get plenty of vitamin C.
- Eat foods that boost the immune system. fresh vegetables, especially leafy greens, support your immune system.
- Eat foods containing antioxidants such as berries like blueberries, blackberries, straw berries, raspberries and also, whole grains, cabbage, garlic, carrots, dates, cold, pepper, cabbage, beet, lemon, ginger, green tea, etc.
- Get plenty of zinc from seeds, beans and lentils.
- Get bioflavonoids brightly colored fruits and vegetables (cherries, blueberries, grapes, peppers, apricots, plums), black tea (as Earl Gray), egg fruit, wine and juice from berries or grapes, leafy greens, rose hips, etc.
- Get vitamin B and magnesium bananas, whole grains, barley, mushrooms, turkey, brewer’s yeast, green leafy vegetables, tuna and salmon.
Other tips to treat and prevent cold sores
- Apply Vaseline on it to relieve pain.
- If you get a cold sore, replace the toothbrush toothbrush and can easily spread the virus.
- Apply ointment containing benzocaine to reduce pain and numb the area.
- Apply sunscreen on your lips when you leave.
- not squeeze, pinch, or pick at cold sores. This will only make worse.
- avoid kissing or sharing eating utensils and hygiene, while suffering from cold sores.
- Wash your hands regularly or when your touch your cold or around the affected area pain. Use a hand sanitizer.
- Use ice packs or cold compresses to relieve pain and numb the pain compresses. You can drink shakes that help numb the cold sore area and provide temporary pain relief.
- avoid stress by stress relief techniques such as deep breathing, yoga, exercise, meditation, etc., since it is one of the causes of cold sore.
- Use zinc lozenges to boost the immune system.
- Use lemon extract lip balm.
- lysine, available as a supplement or cream will help heal cold sores faster.
- Apply sea salt to the wound and press gently for at least 30 seconds to kill bacteria.
- Apply lavender oil or oil Melissa 3 times daily.
- Use docosanol cream (Abreva), which is approved by the Food and Drug Administration. Apply frequently so you can shorten the outbreak early.
Another complication associated with cold sores
Herpes can easily spread to other parts of the body …
- Wash your hands and use hand sanitizer to prevent the spread to the fingers and then to others.
- Avoid touching your eyes, while you have a cold sore. This could lead to conjunctivitis.
- People with eczema are at increased risk of spread of cold sores to other areas of skin virus.
- People with weakened immune systems are at risk for herpes sores in other body organs.
Have you tested and these home remedies for cold sores? What worked best for you? Share your experience with us!
Refrence : http://homeremediesforlife.com/cold-sore/