Insomnia / Sleep deprivation is a condition that makes it very difficult to sleep. Some reasons for this condition could be stress, anxiety, depression, any medications, nicotine, changes in their work environment, etc. You can have a big impact on your life by reducing energy levels, changing your mood and your work performance will be reduced. There is also the increased risk and severity of long-term illnesses (high blood pressure, heart problems, diabetes, etc.). According to the National Sleep Foundation (NSF), all adults need to sleep for at least seven to eight hours to be in good health.
home remedies for insomnia:
There are many natural remedies that help you get rid of this problem.
1. Warm milk
Milk contains tryptophan, which helps promote sleep.
- Mix 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon in a cup of warm water.
- Drink it one hour before going to bed.
- Mix a glass of milk with a teaspoon of honey.
- Drink this before going to sleep.
- This works as a tonic and natural tranquilizer to get rid of insomnia.
2. Chamomile tea
chamomile acts as a sleep aid, as it contains the compound apigenin which has sedative effect.
- boil a cup of water and add a teaspoon of herb chamomile.
- Let Cover and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Strain and drink regularly.
- Add a pinch of cinnamon and a little honey like taste.
Anise relaxes the nervous system and which promotes good sleep.
- Combine 375 ml of water with a teaspoon of anise.
- Mix well and heat for about 15 minutes
- Strain the mixture and add the honey and milk to it before drinking.
- drink a day, before going to sleep.
Valerian is an herb that has a sedative and muscle relaxant effect.
- Add an equal amount (1/2 teaspoon) of valerian root and grated nutmeg two cups of hot water and let stand for about 15 minutes.
- Strain the mixture.
- drink this every so often to get rid of insomnia.
- Add a teaspoon of valerian herb in a cup of water.
- Shake well and let stand for a few minutes.
- strain it to drink tea.
- Dissolve half a teaspoon of valerian tincture in a glass of water.
- have this water twice daily.
5. Apple cider vinegar (ACV)
Apple cider vinegar contains amino acids that help get relief from fatigue. ACV helps fatty acids tryptophan degradation release also helps achieve natural sleep. Honey helps to raise the level of insulin and releases serotonin, which regulates sleep cycles.
- Mix two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar and honey in a glass of warm water.
- Drink this before going to sleep.
- Repeat the process regularly.
- Mix two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar in a cup of honey.
- Eat a teaspoon of this syrup every night with or without water.
The nutmeg has sedative properties that helps to get natural sleep.
- Mixed eighth teaspoon nutmeg in a cup of warm milk.
- drink this when going to bed.
- Add one teaspoon nutmeg 1/4 freshly ground powder to a cup of warm water or fruit juice
- Mix well and drink before bedtime.
- Mix a pinch of nutmeg in a teaspoon of Indian gooseberry juice.
- Eat this three times a day to treat indigestion problems and depression.
7. Cumin seeds
cumin seeds has a calming effect that helps cure insomnia.
- Mash a ripe and mix with a teaspoon of cumin banana.
- eat this before going to bed.
- continue this process regularly.
- a teaspoon of cumin seeds is heated for about 5 seconds.
- Add one cup of water and boil.
- Turn off the heat and cover for 5-7 minutes.
- strain it and drink before going to bed.
Almonds contain tryptophan and magnesium, which helps to relax the muscles.
- Coma handful of almonds throughout the day.
- Eat regularly to get a good sleep.
honey promotes relaxation and helps relieve your stomach at night. It contains natural sugar that raises the level of insulin and allows tryptophan that will make dream.
- Mix two tablespoons of honey in a glass of water.
- drink this after eating dinner.
- Or you can just take a spoonful of honey before bedtime.
banana contains tryptophan, melatonin, serotonin and magnesium which acts as a muscle relaxant and helps sleep.
- Eat a banana before going to bed.
- Repeat regularly.
Oats are rich in melatonin, a sleep hormone-calling to get the sleep naturally.
- eat oatmeal adding 2 tablespoons of ground flaxseed night time regularly.
Saffron has mild sedative properties that help achieve natural sleep.
- 02.03 Steep saffron in a cup of warm milk.
- drinking this regularly.
13. Fenugreek juice
fenugreek acts as a sleep aid that helps you get a natural sleep and prevent insomnia.
- Combine 2 teaspoons of fresh fenugreek juice and a teaspoon of honey.
- eat it the day before going to bed.
14. Green tea
Green tea contains L-theanine, an amino acid that helps fight anxiety that interferes with sleep. It helps reduce stress levels and helps you relax.
- Have green tea five hours before bedtime.
- Drinking this green tea regularly helps to get regular and natural sleep.
15. Aromatherapy Lavender
Lavender acts as a mild sedative and helps you fall sleep faster.
- Apply lavender oil, lotions or bath salts in your body regularly.
- You can also use other flavors to help you sleep. This is known as aromatherapy.
16. Music Therapy
The music makes you relax, it helps you get better sleep.
- Listen to your favorite music about 45 minutes before bedtime.
- slow classical music will work better.
17 . Acupuncture
Acupuncture also helps get rid of insomnia. Putting fine needles into the skin at specific points in the body can help sleep. Make sure that this process is performed by an experienced professional.
Tips for reducing insomnia
- Sleep in a dark, quiet, comfortable and cool room.
- Limit your caffeine intake and do not take the afternoon.
- A regular sleep pattern helps to achieve natural sleep.
- Listening to stories make you sleepy.
- white noise machines are designed to help you sleep through the production of soothing noises low.
- Change the position of the pillow so that helps you get better sleep.
- Having a warm bath two hours before bedtime to relax your body. For additional benefits, add 2 cups of Epsom salt.
- Finish your dinner 3 hours before going to bed. Having sugary foods 30 minutes before bedtime to examine acts as a sedative. You can also take adding honey in herbal tea.
- snacking before bed with high-carbohydrate, low-protein such as toast, oatmeal with milk or yogurt and nuts will help ease your stomach.
- If you wake up frequently to urinate then avoid liquids a few hours before going to bed.
- Having a sleep diary to record what makes you sleep or not.
- Melatonin is a hormone that regulates the biological clock. Taking the supplement melatonin to get better sleep under the advice of a doctor.
- eating foods containing magnesium and calcium as both are sleep aids.
- Stay away from smartphones, iPods, laptops or other devices to obtain a perfect dream as the blue wavelength produced by the phone suppresses the production of melatonin.
- Yoga can alleviate many health problems that will make you sleep better.
- Try to avoid taking naps during the day.
- Review your medications as some medications such as beta-blockers cause insomnia. Go to the doctor prescribed and talk about this.
- do 30 minutes of aerobic exercise 4-5 hours before bedtime.
- Write down a plan of action to their concerns so they do not think of them at night.
These remedies are very effective in treating acute insomnia, and the problem of chronic insomnia. Different remedies work well for different people, so try these remedies to get good sleep every night. If you did not observe any change in your sleep problem then consult the doctor for diagnosis.
tried any other resources? Do not forget to share with us.
Refrence : http://homeremediesforlife.com/insomnia/