dysmenorrhea, more commonly known as menstrual cramps are dull, throbbing or cramping pain in the lower abdomen, experienced by most women just before or during their menstrual periods. Prostaglandin hormone is primarily responsible for menstrual cramps and swelling during the period of a woman, but also caused by endometriosis, uterine fibroids, pelvic inflammatory disease (PID), cervical stenosis, and adenomyosis.
Other symptoms include nausea, vomiting, sweating, dizziness, diarrhea, and pain in the lower back and thighs. Women facing this problem have little or no interest in regular activities. The problem diminishes with age and often disappear once women have given birth.
home remedies for menstrual cramps:
There are effective and easy to provide relief from menstrual cramps by reducing inflammation home remedies.
1. Cinnamon tea
Cinnamon contains anti-inflammatory and antispasmodic properties which alleviate symptoms of menstrual cramps.
- Steep one teaspoon of powdered cinnamon or cinnamon stick in a cup of boiling water for 10 minutes.
- Steep a tea bag in water for 2 -. 3 minutes
- add honey or sugar to taste, if desired.
- drink regularly to get relief from menstrual cramps.
- . Note: Alternatively sprinkle cinnamon breakfast, toast, pastries or
Ginger reduces levels prostaglandins that cause pain and relieves menstrual cramps and calms the stomach.
- Eat ginger raw or cooked form of ginger beer, biscuits, snacks, or candy.
- Boil sliced ginger, honey and a pinch of salt for 4 -. 6 minutes and drink twice a day
- Steep ½ teaspoon ginger (either dry powder or grated) in a cup of boiling water for 3 -. 5 minutes and taken three times a day for best results
Mint is a known remedy for menstrual cramps because it is a muscle relaxant and natural suppressor appetite.
- Add one teaspoon of dried mint leaves or powder to a cup of boiling water.
- clear heat and let stand for 3 -. A 5
- Strain the tea and add sugar, if desired.
- Drinking. 1 – 2 times a day
- Note :. Suck on mints to relieve added
4. Chamomile tea
Chamomile contains natural anti-inflammatory properties that reduce the production of prostaglandins and relieves pain menstrual.
- a teaspoon of dried chamomile powder is stirred into a cup of boiling water.
- Let stand for 5 -. 10 minutes
- Strain the tea and drink slowly.
- taken regularly to prevent cramps.
basil contains caffeic acid, having an analgesic or an analgesic. Thyme also contains properties of high caffeic acid prevents menstrual cramps.
- Boil 2 tablespoons thyme or basil leaves and a quart of boiling water.
- stir well and let stand for 5 -. 7 minutes
- cover tightly and let cool for 10 -. 15 minutes
- Drink ½ – 1 cup every hour to get rid of pain
6. Heat or hot compress
La. application of heat or hot water to the lower back and lower abdomen compress can help relieve pain as effectively as the counter medicine and this is one of the oldest and most common remedies.
- Place a heating pad or hot water bottle on the abdomen.
- take a hot bath or use a hot towel.
- Create a heating pad cutting and sewing together two pieces of fabric. Leaves a hole at the top, are filled with rice, and sewing the hole. Microwave for 2 -. 4 minutes, and place in your abdomen to get relief from menstrual cramps
Parley treat menstrual cramps increases menstruation and regulates menstruation.
- Blend parsley, beet, carrot, cucumber and extract the juice.
- Drink a glass a day for best results.
Exercise releases endorphins that act as natural painkillers and mood. Exercise daily during menstruation, even walking, will relieve menstrual cramps.
Yoga is a gentle exercise releases endorphins and prevents menstrual cramps. It also increases blood flow to the reproductive organs, relieves stress, and gives relaxations. restorative yoga postures are good for menstrual cramps
Poor nutrition can lead to deficiencies that worsen the symptoms of menstruation. Include essential vitamins and nutrients in your diet to eliminate cramps.
- drink as much water as possible to prevent painful swelling during menstruation. Drinking warm or hot water will increase blood flow to the skin and relax tight muscles.
- Eating foods like celery or fruit, watermelon, cucumbers, berries, and lettuce to increase hydration and get relief from cramps waterborne.
- eating foods that contain calcium, such as milk, other dairy products, sesame seeds, almonds and green leafy vegetables to reduce muscle cramping during menstruation.
- eat foods containing vitamin B, especially vitamin B6, such as brown rice to reduce swelling.
- eat foods containing vitamin E, such as olive oil and broccoli to relieve menstrual cramps.
- Eat rich in magnesium such as nuts, almonds and pumpkin seeds to absorb calcium and relieve cramps food.
- eating iron-rich foods such as chicken, fish and green leafy vegetables to replace iron loss during menstruation.
- Avoid fatty foods, alcohol, chocolate, carbonated beverages during menstrual cramps. Cause swelling and water retention, cramps worse.
- avoid coffee and other caffeinated products. Instead, eat relaxing ginger, mint tea or hot water with lemon.
- Eat yogurt and banana for soothing cramps.
- Flax seeds reduce prostaglandin production (responsible for menstrual pain or cramps) in the body due to its medicinal properties. Consume 2 tablespoons of ground flaxseed daily for best results.
- Swallow 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar (ACV) after every meal.
- Relax and listen to soft music, read a book, or you participate in any interesting activity such as anxiety and stress worsen cramping.
- Women who are hot to be less prone to menstrual cramps.
- Taking vitamin D regularly to help cure menstrual cramps.
- Apply a few teaspoons of hot olive oil in the stomach and leave for 15 -. 20 minutes
- Take a mineral bath for relieving cramps. Add a cup of sea salt and a cup of baking soda to the water. Soak for 15 -. 20 minutes will relax muscles
- Acupuncture, a traditional Chinese treatment paste the skin with small needles to stimulate certain pressure points, effectively relieves menstrual cramps
Have I tried any of these methods? Do you know of any other method to treat menstrual cramps? Share your experience with us!
Refrence : http://homeremediesforlife.com/menstrual-cramps/