how to stop receding gums gums -Receding
such as gingivitis, which usually causes it, is more likely to occur in older people, but can also occur during puberty, pregnancy or menopause. It is a common dental condition that can lead to serious oral health problems if not treated, while in the early stages of gum disease.
What is gum recession?
is a dental condition that does not seem to affect as many people as does gum disease or cavities, but may be of particular interest to anyone when it occurs. When your gums recede, gradually move down the tooth root, exposing some of the root of the tooth in the process. These sometimes exposed root surfaces become sensitive to cold or touch because the nerve inside the root has small extensions that can reach the surface of the root. The sensitivity of the receding gums, which can be severe in some people’s mouth, is what usually leads people to the dentist or pharmacy for relief.
Why do I get receding gums?
|how to stop receding gums |
Unfortunately there is no simple answer to this question because it seems that there are several conditions that can lead to receding gums. The causes of receding gums can be divided into two broad categories. The first is infection. This is an internal cause, at least from a holistic point of view. The second category is trauma or injury. In essence, it is external, mechanical causes. A third category for receding gums, where neither injury or infection seems to play a role, one might consider. For example, many dentists will tell you that gum recession is a consequence of aging. The problem with this theory is that not everyone experiences receding gums as they age, and there is no scientific proof of a connection.
Read: What causes receding gums
How to stop receding gums
Measures to stop receding gums:
1. Change the type of brush: If you are using a stiff brush, either consciously or unconsciously, if you start getting the gum recession you have to stop using it and switch to any medium or soft bristled toothbrushes. hard bristles, together with the faulty brushing technique is an important cause of gum recession
2. Correct brushing technique: Horizontal Movement aggressive toothbrushing is not the right technique, because it damages the gums and causes erosion of the enamel layer leads to sensitivity. Under groove technique or brushing technique is the technique of brushing ideal place to stop receding gums. Link to Bass method of toothbrushing
3. Correction of malocclusion or crowded teeth :. As mentioned above malocclusion is a cause of receding gums due to occlusal forces that may be related to a single tooth, so
4. Eliminating Piercings: In cases where the gingival recession is due to the presence of holes, the dentist may advise you to remove or change their perforations that do not interfere with occlusion
. 5. Use of mouthguard: Mouthpiece is used to protect teeth grinding against each other which is used by people who usffer from the night grinding and also in sports such as boxing, rugby, etc, where tighten teeth can lead to tooth fracture and erosion. Mouthguard can get at the dentist.
6. Regular dental check ups done: First regular dental check up done to see the presence of sub gingival calculus is one of the main causes of gum recession is a must for every person. The presence of plaque and tartar below the gum can only be seen by a dentist. Getting dental checkup every 6 months is a need to maintain good oral hygiene.