For most of us in the northern hemisphere, summer it is still in full force and children are enjoying their summer holidays. Out of sight and out of mind, our immune system does not have holidays. Minute by minute, our deepest defense mechanisms are working behind the scenes to keep us in balance.
Pharmacies are advertising flu shots predictable tactics of fear before the reopening of schools and families to return to the more familiar routines. Many health conscious people are prepared to get an annual flu vaccine but gasp in awe when they come down with it anyway. Whether you blame the fact that the vaccine does not protect the body against all strains of influenza or injecting itself is the culprit, flu vaccines do not always work. It also does not prevent or lessen the severity of the common cold, stomach virus stop or deter other ills associated with colder months.
Consistent hand washing, reducing or completely eliminating sugar from the diet, supplementation with good food and enough sleep are all good ways to boost immunity, but are not always sufficient. Clinical aromatherapy can increase the body’s defenses where good intentions end. Like any other route to wellness, it works best before the problem arises.
Some people complain that essential oils do not work for them during the flu season, not realizing that the same oils usually used, not regular use, or inappropriate use. The use of essential oils correctly is the key. Here are some tips that can make all the difference this winter and throughout the year.
How to properly use essential oils
- not use the same oil or combination of oils for more than 7-10 days. The body will build up a tolerance to it, thus weakening the effects of the oils. To avoid immunity to essential oils, and oils alternate individual combination formulas biweekly.
- I do not think that some applications of essential oils will boost your immune system during the coming months. Keep one step ahead and use essential oils regularly, which means that every day or 3-4x a week. The best way is to apply undiluted to the soles of the feet before bedtime.
- Do not shower for at least seven hours after the application of essential oils.
- Do not assume that all essential oils combat the virus. All oils are antibacterial, but only a few have real anti-viral properties.
- Use half the amount recommended for children.
Essential oils for better immunity
Since the essential oil is self-defense of the plant against the disease, which does the same for us when we apply individually or in combination. The use of essential oils that work well with other complementary nature is the heart of clinical aromatherapy, and this objective of synergy can give profound results in relation to the immune system. When it applied undiluted to the soles of the feet (the soft, uncalloused between the ball of the foot and the heel), similar antiviral properties of certain essential oils into the bloodstream within 20 minutes the deepest cellular level within 7-24 hours. For best results and reliable, please use the highest quality essential oils (see Recommendations and links at the end of this article).
immune-boosting essential oils can be your best friend throughout the year, but if you want to prepare for the flu season this winter, it is best armor of your body now, while summer is still here. Here is a list of essential oils to be on hand and why.
- Clove Bud: One of the most powerful and reliable in clinical aromatherapy essential oils, clove combat communicable diseases and is an excellent oil to use for any bacterial, viral or fungal. It is also highly recommended for Lyme disease. Instructions: 4 drops of pure oil on each foot. Works even better when layered with organic lemon essential oil and is used in combination 2-3x a week for 7 days. After a week, use another single oil or a combination thereof. Caution: Do not use undiluted or diluted in any other part of the body, as well as the soles of the feet. Avoid the essential oil of cloves if you are taking anticoagulants.
- Eucalyptus citriodora: There are over 700 species of Eucalyptus and Eucalyptus citriodora (aka lemon Eucalyptus ) is one of the most valuable. Has potent anti-fungal anti-viral, anti-bacterial and and is very effective for bacterial and viral infections of the respiratory system *. Instructions: 4 drops of pure oil on each foot. Effective pain flu when diluted and combined with balsam fir; apply this combination diluted muscle and joint pain. It can also be mixed with Epsom salts or sea salt and dispersed in a bath of hot bath or foot. It can be diffused in the air through nebulizer air cleaning viruses. * Do not use lemon eucalyptus have asthma.
- Eucalyptus globulus: Menthol-rich eucalyptus relieves sore muscles and joints associated with influenza and strengthens the immune system to fight viruses and bacteria . It also fights infectious fevers. Eucalyptus chest congestion is broken when it is diluted and applied to the chest and throat in non-asthmatics. Instructions: A few drops added to a pot or heat-proof container of hot water will make a wonderful steam inflamed sinuses associated with colds and chronic sinusitis. * Eucalyptus globulus Do not use if you have asthma. In cases of asthma, replace with pine needles or needle balsam fir or pine.
- Lavender Apparently, a lightweight, this essential oil is the primary oil to have on hand at home and while traveling. Instructions: 4 drops of pure oil on each foot. Works even better when layered with organic lemon essential oil and is used in combination 2-3x a week for 7 days. After a week, use another single oil or a combination thereof.
- Organic Lemon: Organic lemon essential oil is one of the most powerful oils and the first to go when one’s immunity is compromised. organic lemon stimulates white blood cell production and increases immunity against serious infections, such as pneumonia and staphylococcus. Instructions: 4 drops of pure oil on each foot. organic lemon kills viruses and bacteria when diffused in the air through a nebulizer.
- pine needles: pine needle is good friends for viral fatigue and pain, muscles winter when a cold or flu is dragging down. Instructions: 4 drops of pure oil on each foot. It is best used when mixed with sea salt or Epsom salt and added to warm bath water. It can also be diluted in a little vegetable oil or unscented lotion and rubbed on the body. pine needles is also a great oil to dilute and rub on the chest for coughs and bronchitis.
- Tea Tree: oil tea tree is a powerful and reliable oil to the immune system is best when combined with organic lemon thyme white, nail, or lavender essential oil to fight infections and flu. How to use :. 4 drops of pure oil on each sole
There are hundreds of essential oils, and even look similar offer unique benefits. With a little practice and even more knowledge, clinical aromatherapy can be used to extend long immunity and protect against winter illnesses and even greater threats. it is also lovely, very fragrant to better health.
For more reading and Supplies: Recommended
- Donato, Marlaina. The multidimensional aromatherapy. Blairstown, New Jersey: Ekstasis Multimedia, 2015
- Worwood, Valerie Ann. The Complete Book of Essential Oils and Aromatherapy. San Rafael, CA: New World Library, 1991
- Young, Gary. Essential Oil Desk Reference. Essential Science Publishing, 2004
Last Posts of Marlaina Donato (see all)
Source / reference : http://www.organiclifestylemagazine.com/how-to-correctly-use-essential-oils-to-prevent-the-flu-and-other-illnesses