dry spots on the lip – causes and home remedies ; Home “ health skin “ remedies
dry patch on the lips – Chapped lips – are commonly seen during the colder months, but for some this is an occurrence throughout year. The most common cause of dry patches in the mouth is dry, which may be due to a variety of causes such as dehydration or colder temperatures.
When the lips are dry, they can even start peeling sometimes. Although not dangerous, can be unsightly flaking and chapped lips may cause pain and itching.
is very rare that chapped lips are a sign of a more serious health complication but dry patches on the lips may be associated with other health problems, too, such as colds or allergies.
If you often dry patches on your lips, here are the common causes and home remedies to help you through this problem.
The causes of dry spots on the lip
Here is a list of common – often easy to solve – the causes of dry spots on the lip
- licking frequent lips
- not protect from the sun or cold – you should apply a moisturizer or sunscreen all year
- breathing of the mouth – often because of a stuffy nose
- toothpaste that may have touched the lips
- citrus foods
- excessive intake of vitamin A
- Certain drugs, more specifically, those used for wrinkles or acne
- Dentures that do not fit properly
- yeast infections
- strong winds
As you can see, many of the causes of dry spots on the lip are modifiable, meaning you can adjust your habits lifestyle or change their behavior to solve the problem. Below, we will explain in greater detail the remedies that can be used to combat chapped lips.
conditions that could be related to dry lips
In some cases, dry lips can be a symptom of a larger problem. Here are some of the health problems.
pellagra: This is due to a deficiency of niacin, which is vitamin B3. This is a serious condition that requires treatment as it can possibly lead to death. People can develop a niacin deficiency if you have ulcerative colitis, which prevents them from absorbing vitamin. Lips, tongue and gums can become affected.
angular cheilitis: This is an inflammatory disease that affects the corners of the mouth. Chapped lips, dripping saliva, his upper lip protruding, or the proliferation of viral infections such as cold sores or bacterial infections such as impetigo and yeast, can all cause angular cheilitis. The elderly and malnourished are at greater risk for angular cheilitis. In many cases, this condition will clear by itself, but sometimes may require medical intervention.
Kawasaki disease: This is seen especially in children under five. If left untreated, the condition can contribute to heart damage. Along with chapped lips, other symptoms include fever, sore throat, neck swelling, and redness of the whites of the eyes.
Signs and symptoms of dry spot on the lip
Signs and symptoms of dry spot on the lip include dryness, redness , pain or tenderness, rough skin, bleeding, peeling and flaking, and oversensitivity.
If dry lips accompany other conditions, such as a cold or allergies, you may also experience stuffy nose, watery eyes and itchy throat.
Tips for managing dry, chapped lips naturally
More often than not, dry, chapped lips are not a serious medical problem, what home remedies can go a long way to keep your lips soft and healthy. First, you’ll want to make sure that you stay well hydrated, as dehydration can contribute to dry lips. Here are some other remedies for dry lips.
- Use a humidifier to keep the air moist.
- cucumbers rub on her lips.
- Apply aloe vera on her lips.
- Use a lip balm containing ceramides.
- Use a moisturizer regularly early in the morning.
- Avoid frequent licking or biting your lips -. If this is done during times of stress, you may have to start practicing some stress reduction techniques
- avoid products with artificial ingredients and colorants, as they aggravate dryness.
- avoid citrus foods, especially if lips are chapped, as they may cause burning and stinging.
- Avoid spicy foods.
- Check your medications to see if they can make dry lips as a side effect.
- exfoliate lips with olive oil and sugar.
- dry brush her lips with a soft toothbrush to remove dead skin.
- Change the toothpaste is suspected to be the cause of your dry lips.
Diet for chapped and dry lips
Diet can play a role in dry, chapped lips, too, so here they are some diet tips to consider if you are living with dry lips.
- Be sure to stay well hydrated throughout the day.
- follow a healthy and balanced diet.
- Do not take too much vitamin A.
- Make sure you are getting enough vitamin B3.
- eat foods high in vitamin E, such as nuts, leafy vegetables, and eggs.
By treating these natural home remedies for dry patches on your lips, you can kiss goodbye dry lips!
share this information
< ! - ->
The post dry spots on the lip – causes and home remedies , appeared first on belmarrahealth here: Here