If you suffer from back pain, is not recommended to completely relax. In the first two days, you should start practicing moderate physical activity without sudden movements or weight lifting exercises.
Back pain is linked to certain conditions in the lumbar vertebrae and surrounding structures of soft tissue as muscles, ligaments and nerves, and even disks intervertebral. Low back pain is the term for this condition, which can last a few days or even weeks. In this article, you will learn about some different treatments for back pain.
needs to be done before starting treatment for low back pain
Some tests. These tests can determine the cause, which is important to rule out more serious problems that may have the same symptoms, such as osteoporosis , or even infections or injuries that require surgery, or in extreme cases, cancer.
is very likely that a large number of people in the world suffer at least one backache in your life. Pain can be felt anywhere in the back, but the most common pain is experienced in the lower back, known as the region lumbar . This condition is very common as this part of the body gets most of the body weight.
After cold and flu, back pain is one of the most common reasons many people go to the doctor. Most injuries in the back are caused by work, from a job that requires you to regularly load heavy objects, or stay in the same position for an extended period of time, between other reasons.
acute lumbago can be the result of a fall or insufficient strength, which may affect some of the muscles and ligaments around the back, and as a result, causing a sprained one of these muscles.
causes sudden back pain
- fractures caused by osteoporosis or diseases Arthritic
- When the spinal cord is compromised by cancer
- muscle spasms when they remain very tense
- herniated disc, ruptured disc or infections that can damage the spine
- excessive force from lifting weights incorrectly
- spinal stenosis caused by stretching of the spinal canal
- scoliosis or kyphosis which is a curvature of the spine. This condition can be hereditary and can occur in children and young adults.
- Strains or tears in the muscles and ligaments
- The related female reproductive organs diseases, such as ovarian cysts or cancer or uterine fibroids
Recommendations to prevent / treat lumbago
- Rest and stop doing strenuous activities for a few days to allow swelling this lower area which will reduce the pain before.
- is recommended to use a cold compress for the first few days, and then apply a hot, which helps with muscle spasms caused by pain.
- Some pain medications can be taken especially during the first few days, while the muscles back to normal. These must be prescribed by a doctor and remember that it is not beneficial to the health of self-medication.
- Lay in a fetal position with a pillow between your legs. If you like to sleep on your back, you can place a pillow under your knees to keep your legs in a position that reduces pressure on the back.
- After resting for a few days, you can start doing physical activity again, is no longer recommending that a sedentary lifestyle is maintained for a long time. You should only do light activity, trying to avoid heavy lifting and moving rapidly within three weeks of the first appearance of symptoms.
- If back pain does not go away with exercise and painkillers will need to see a physical therapist who can recommend some stretching exercises that are effective in reducing pain and injury prevention in the future.
- The best way to keep this condition under control is through regular exercise and good posture. When sitting for long periods of time, you should choose a chair with a back, so that your back is fully supported. This is the best way to prevent episodes of low back pain.
- Avoid weight gain that can be done by eating a healthy diet based mainly on fruit vegetables.
Home remedies to relieve back pain
- a remedy very effective home is a gentle massage with a few drops of essential oils mixed with a tablespoon almond oil. Massage in the direction of muscle for five minutes, and repeat three times daily.
- Boil three tablespoons of verbena in a cup of water, wet a cloth with this mixture, and place on the affected part with the hottest water you can tolerate without burning area. This treatment can be repeated several times a day.
- Add ten to fifteen drops of tea tree oil to a tub of water and soak for at least twenty minutes.
- Cook, three tablespoons of flaxseed oil with a tablespoon of mustard, boil and put compresses on the affected every night until improvement area.
Treatments for back pain , article source: http://steptohealth.com/treatments-for-back-pain/