sciatic nerve is the nerve wider and longer body part of the spine in the lower back, it passes through the buttocks, terminating at the back of each leg. This nerve can sometimes cause uncomfortable pain that can be difficult, so sit up and even painful experience. The lower back, back of the legs and feet may hurt. Sore leg can often feel cold and weak. Other symptoms include weakness in the lower back or leg, tingling or burning sensation in the legs, back, and feet, and loss of bladder control and bowel. The pain can be caused by disorders of the spine (spondylitis), degenerative disc disease, spinal stenosis, damaged or ruptured disc, and other injuries to the lower back. The pain may be different, but if left untreated can worsen with time.
How did the pain start?
The pain starts slowly, but nights can worsen and laughing, sneezing or coughing, stooping, walking and sitting for a longer period of time. Medications can help, but even doctors recommend to do some exercises and stretching.
The best for sciatica pain is yoga
There was a study published in 2009 by Alternative therapies in health medicine where people with moderate pain back to severe alternating between yoga and regular care including pain relief medication. It turned out that there was a significant reduction in the intensity and frequency of pain after yoga regular care with medication
NOTE: .. Consult your doctor before exercising
yoga stretches to relieve sciatica pain
- (attitude of the staff) Dandasana – you need to take your stretcher and feel with legs extend forward, put his hands on the sides, while the palms touch the floor; flex your feet forward, pull your backup, and start stretching the spine (lengthen – to promote blood circulation in the painful areas); stay in that position for 15-30 seconds and breathe deeply and make breathing space; relax and repeat 5-10 times the same position
- (Locust Pose) Shalabhasana -. you will be able to strengthen your lower back and improve blood circulation in the lower hips. Poor circulation contributes to the pain of sciatica and if improvements that will help in healing and relieve pain. Lying with face down and put your arms at your sides (palms outward) with the toes pointing down, touching each other and separate heels; touching the ground with his chin (the pubic area is pushed down and stretches his neck); take a deep breath and simultaneously raise the chest, arms and legs, lift your knees off the ground, put your shoulders and neck close up; while in this position breathe out and stay that way for 5-8 seconds; gently stretch your back; inhale and exhale, separates legs apart, exhale and bring them back in time in this position; repeat 5 times. Bring your body gently to the ground, bend your hands under the front and relax with your face down for 1 minute
- Setu Bandhasana (Supported Bridge Pose) -. lie on your back, bend your knees, plant your feet firmly on the ground; draw your heels close to the buttocks and put his arms with palms down to the sides; exert slight pressure on the ground with their feet and the palms of support, inhale deeply and lift hips off the floor; push the tailbone toward the pubic bone, while the neck, shoulders and head remain on the ground and your back with knees extended away from each other; remain in this position for 10-15 seconds, exhale and back down; repeat the exercise 5-10 times
- Kapotasana (Pigeon pose) -. irritation and pressure can cause sciatic pain pushing against the tendons found beneath it. Position yourself stand out in the palms and knees in which; bring your right knee forward and put it under his wrist where the right foot is in front of your left wrist; place your chin at an angle of 45 degrees; then slide the left leg back, stretching the torso forward; stay that way for 5 seconds, take a deep breath and stretch your hands in front of you; bring your forehead on the floor in a sleeping position; start taking deep breaths for 15-30 seconds remaining in this position and consciously push the left thigh toward the ground as well as in the stomach slightly for balance; repeat the same steps with the other leg; the exercise should be repeated 5-10 times, changing legs
- (finger resting pose big toe) Supta Padangusthasana -. this area with the blood circulation will be improved under his torso. Lie on your back and bend your knees bringing them towards the chest; take an elastic strap, fix it on the foot and start lifting your right leg toward the ceiling; maintain open and bent up and start stretching your leg buttocks pressing the ground; breathe deeply and so sit for 10 seconds; lower your right knee toward your chest and performs his right on the ground and now repeat the same procedure with him; alternating between the legs between 5-10 times
- Ardha Matsyendrasana (spinal twist pose) -. tension and back pain can be relieved with this position and promote circulation. Sit on the mat with your legs straight and arms at the sides; bend the right knee with your right foot positioned on the outside of the left thigh, keeping the right toe with his left arm; place your right hand behind his back and put the upper body to the right, to breathe deeply; stay that way for 30-60 seconds and reverse legs, repeating the exercise
. Source: http://www.healthytipsworld.net/2016/04/25/only-15-minutes-of-these-yoga-exercises-and-you-will-soothe-your-pain/