okra, also known as finger bhindi, Okra gumbo or Mrs., belongs to the family mallow. This plant is grown mainly in warm tropical, subtropical and temperate regions. is a good low-calorie, fat, nutrient-rich addition to any diet.
fresh okra, immature pods and leaves are used in different cuisines as a vegetable. You can enjoy it fried, boiled or pickled.
The seeds are pressed for oil edible okra yellow-green, which has a pleasant taste and smell. The oil is high in unsaturated fats, such as oleic and linoleic acids.
Okra is high in fiber, vitamins C and K, and folic acid content, as well as calcium and potassium. Also contains niacin (vitamin B3), thiamine (vitamin B1), vitamin B6, magnesium, manganese, beta-carotene and lutein. In addition, that has potent antioxidant properties.
The various vitamins, minerals and nutrients in okra are responsible for its many health benefits.
Here it is the top 10 health benefits of okra.
1. Reduce sugar levels in the blood
okra contains similar to insulin to help reduce levels of blood sugar properties. It also has a low glycemic index of about 20, so it is a good choice for people with diabetes.
A 2011 study published in the Journal of Pharmacy and Science BioAllied confirmed the antidiabetic and antihyperlipidemic potential okra (okra) peel and seed powder in diabetic rats.
Another study published in the same year found that SNRI Pharmacy okra helps reduce the absorption of glucose, which in turn lowers the levels of blood sugar.
- Cut the ends of 4 or 5 okra and body pricked with a fork. Instead of puncturing, you can also slit halfway.
- Soak Okras punctured in a glass of water overnight.
- The next morning, remove the Okras and drink the water on an empty stomach.
- Do this daily to maintain a level of healthy blood sugar.
2. It reduces bad cholesterol
Okra can also help reduce cholesterol levels. A 2014 study published in the Journal of the Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology found that lipid-lowering activity of skin extract okra provides benefits for reducing cholesterol.
activity pancreatic cholesterol esterase is inhibited, reducing the effectiveness of micelle formation and binds cholesterol to bile acids, which in turn delays the absorption of cholesterol and increases their excretion.
also contains saturated fat and cholesterol and helps prevent heart disease and other health problems caused by cholesterol in the blood.
okra Include in your diet to lower the level of bad cholesterol. You can even take okra extract, after consulting your doctor.
3. It is used to treat leukorrhea
According to folklore practice, fresh young pods okra are beneficial in the treatment of vaginal discharge, causing vaginal discharge whitish or yellowish between periods.
Your property mucilaginous helps clear mucus from your system, which in turn reduces vaginal discharge. It also stimulates the immune system to help fight the problem.
- wash 1 cup fresh Okras and cut into small pieces.
- boil the pieces in 2 cups of water for about 15 minutes or until the water is reduced by half.
- Strain, divide into 3 parts and add the drink 3 times a day until you notice an improvement in their condition.
4. Promotes healthy pregnancy
The okra is highly recommended for pregnant women. The important B vitamins that help ensure the healthy growth of the baby in the uterus and prevent birth defects such as spina bifida.
Furthermore, it is rich in folic acid helps produce and maintain new cells, which is essential for a healthy pregnancy. Folate also prevents miscarriage. Vitamin C in okra also plays a key role in fetal development.
okra Include in your diet during pregnancy, especially during the 4th ap and 12 ap weeks when the neural tube develops in the fetus.
5. Prevents liver disease
Okra helps cleanse the liver and prevent liver disease. It contains substances that bind to bile acids and cholesterol to detoxify the liver. Even fat accumulation in the liver is avoided.
In a 2012 study published in the Saudi Pharmaceutical Journal, the researchers concluded that the potent antioxidant property okra extract has the ability to protect against chemically induced liver damage.
To improve their health and prevent diseases of the liver, okra include in your diet or take a supplement okra after consulting your doctor.
6. Makes smooth and shiny
Antioxidants and vitamins in the okra can help you enjoy well-conditioned hair shiny and bouncy. It also contains other useful nutrients such as copper, zinc, potassium, folic acid and thiamine that are good for hair.
In addition, the transparent okra mucilage acts as a natural conditioner and gives life to dull hair.
- Set 8-10 okra (horizontal cut) in a pot with 1 cup water.
- Allow to simmer until a sticky texture.
- Remove from heat, add a few drops of lavender or peppermint oil, drain the brew to cool.
- The mixture is filtered using a muslin cloth and store content filtering in a bottle.
- After washing your hair, apply this homemade conditioner.
- Wait 5 minutes, then rinse hair thoroughly with water.
Source / reference : http://tracking.feedpress.it/link/6848/1594175