Constipation, especially in infants, is a difficult problem to treat. It is also painful for parents to see their babies in discomfort or pain.
The normal amount of bowel passing a child depends on his age and what he or she is eating.
A baby suffering from constipation if your bowel movements are less frequent than usual. Other signs include an effort than usual to pass stool, blood in the stool, a firm abdomen and refuse to eat due to the growing unrest.
This problem in infants may be due to the introduction of new solid foods, the type of baby formula you use, inactivity and dehydration.
Although not common, babies can also have constipation because of an underlying medical condition such as hypothyroidism, botulism, certain food allergies and metabolic disorders.
If your child has constipation frequently, consult a pediatrician. However, for mild constipation, you can try exercise and diet changes to help deal with this problem.
These are some of the ways to treat constipation in infants.
1. Exercises light
To help treat constipation in young babies, you can use certain exercises. They help to improve digestion and regular bowel movements, thus treating childhood constipation. In fact, active babies suffer less gas, stomach pain and constipation.
- If your baby has started to crawl, encourage him to do a few laps.
- exercise bike leg will also help a lot. Put your baby in a lying position, keep the legs bent in a middle position and gently start moving the baby’s legs as if riding a bicycle.
- If your baby has started to move, he or she will walk to help a little after lunch.
not lie to your child immediately after eating.
2. Massage tummy
Massaging your baby’s stomach is another good remedy for babies constipated. soft stomach and lower abdomen massages stimulate bowel movements. They even help relieve gas and colic in infants. In addition, a gentle massage helps your baby to sleep.
- Put your baby in a lying position.
- Put some warm olive or coconut oil on your baby’s stomach.
- Working 2 fingers away from the navel, gently massage the stomach in a clockwise direction for 3-4 minutes.
- Click several massages all day, until your child has a bowel movement.
3. Hot Bath
Giving your baby constipated a hot tub can also help a lot. It helps things move through the body faster and even brings pain relief gas.
- Fill the bathtub of her baby with warm water.
- Bathe your baby in the water.
- Dale abdominal massage as you are drying your baby.
Some babies with constipation benefit from probiotics. A probiotic is a dose similar to those present in the intestine naturally live bacteria.
In a 2014 study published in the journal Archives of Pediatrics & Adolescent Medicine, researchers found that the prophylactic use of Lactobacillus reuteri for the first 3 months of life reducing the appearance of functional gastrointestinal disorders, such as constipation, colic and gastroesophageal reflux.
- probiotics can give your child for him or her a little yogurt containing live feed crops.
- can also ask your pediatrician for proper probiotic supplement for children.
5. Increase fluid intake
Proper hydration is essential for regular bowel movements. For small babies, water and milk are great options to keep them hydrated and help your digestive tract function smoothly. This will ensure regular bowel movements and help prevent constipation and gas pain.
- Give your baby to drink water at regular intervals. To improve digestion, it can provide hot water for your baby.
- Besides water, breastfeed or give milk.
6. Fennel seeds
Fennel seeds are also useful in the treatment of constipation in babies. Stimulate movement of smooth muscle in the digestive tract, resulting in healthy digestion and regular bowel movements. Fennel also prevents gas.
- Add 1 teaspoon crushed fennel seeds in about 2 cups of water.
- Boil and let it simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Strain and let cool.
- Give ½ to 1 teaspoon of this solution to your baby a few times a day.
Breastfeeding mothers should drink fennel tea 2 or 3 times a day.
Source / reference : http://tracking.feedpress.it/link/6848/1616245