during the rainy season or warm season, many people find ants that come into their homes and gardens.
According to project management ant, ant imported fire research and Texas are social insects and live in colonies that can range in size from hundreds to millions of ants, depending on the species.
There are different types of ants, but the most common ants invading the houses include pavement, carpenter, acrobat, Pharaoh and odorous house ants.
House invasive ants can get into your food, property damage or cause stinging bites. These small creatures can also cause damage to plants.
Treatment of ants can be very frustrating. Ant pesticides contain chemicals that are harmful to humans and the environment, but there are some natural ways, nontoxic to control ants. These may take some time and patience, but will provide good results.
Here are the top 10 ways to get rid of ants naturally.
Cinnamon is repellent house ants effective. Its smell discourages ants from entering your home and scrounging in your kitchen.
According to a 2014 study published in the International Journal of Scientific Research and Publications, yields positive cinnamon essential oil repellency both insecticidal activity and results.
- Add ¼ to ½ teaspoon of essential oil of cinnamon in a cup of water. Soak a cotton ball in this solution and clean the areas where ants can enter and live. Repeat once a day until all the ants are gone
- You can also put cinnamon and cloves near entry points
Note: .. Use cinnamon oil spray strategically places ant infestation; do not put it all over the place.
2. White vinegar
White vinegar will also send an eviction notice ants in your facility. They can not stand the strong smell. In addition, odor masks their scent trails, so lose their meaning.
- Mix equal parts white vinegar and water.
- Pour the solution into a spray bottle.
- Add a few drops of any essential oil and shake the bottle.
- Spray this solution around baseboards and other entry points.
- After one hour, the ants clean using a damp paper towel and discard.
- Repeat once a day until the ants have disappeared.
You can also use this vinegar solution to clean floors, windows and countertops to prevent ants crawling on these surfaces.
Borax is toxic to ants and helps rid your home and garden. Ants are attracted to it and, when ingested, ultimately kills them.
- Mix equal amounts of borax and jelly food. Put it on a flat plate in the areas where ants
- Alternatively the borax with granulated sugar in a ratio of 1 :. 3 ratio. Add sufficient water to obtain a syrup-like consistency. Put this paste on the areas where ants are seen.
- Another option is to make a paste with equal amounts of borax, cornstarch and a few drops of water. Spread the paste on the areas where you tend to see the ants
Note: .. As borax is toxic, keep it away from pets and small
To make your kitchen and other areas of your home ant-proof, try lemon. The smell deters ants and their property masks their scent trails acid.
- Rub some lemon juice in the doorways, windows and other possible areas where ants are getting.
- Another option is to put a few drops of lemon essential oil on cotton balls and leave them in closets and other areas as needed.
- Scatter small pieces of lemon peel around the outdoor entrances.
Use these remedies every few days until the ants have disappeared.
Mint is a natural insect repellent can effectively keep ants away. Ants hate their strong odor, which also disrupts their ability to smell so it can not detect food sources.
- Add 10 drops of peppermint essential oil in 1 cup of water. Spray the solution in all areas where ants are present. Repeat twice a day until the ants are gone completely.
- Sprinkle some dried mint around doors, entrances and trash areas to repel ants.
- even you can grow mint plants in your garden.
6. Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth
diatomaceous earth food grade (DE) also works well as an ant repellent. This powder is the fossilized remains of marine phytoplankton.
The microscopic shaving razor sharp edges of DE can be cut through the exoskeleton of ants, slowly making his body to dry.
- carefully sprinkle a thin layer of ED in the windows below the refrigerator, under furniture, in and around garbage cans and any other place where you see ants.
- Repeat once a day until all the ants are gone.
. Note: not wet the DE or not it will work
Source / reference : http://tracking.feedpress.it/link/6848/1638433