How to Fight Naturally Drowsiness ;
Therefore, it has felt sleepy and lethargic all the time! You’re not alone. More and more people are joining this growing community of drowsiness. This daytime sleepiness can make you irritable and hinder your normal routine. Most people seek coffee and energy drinks to combat drowsiness. Caffeine can help you stay awake for a while, but what about all those side effects it brings to the work? They are becoming unhealthy fighting their drowsiness like this with caffeine! Let’s see healthier ways to combat drowsiness. But stop! First let’s take a look at the causes of sleepiness.
The causes of sleepiness
These are the most common causes of sleepiness in everyday life:
- Insomnia (due to stress, depression or other medical condition or any other reason)
- Sleep disorders (such as sleep apnea and narcolepsy)
- the hypercalcemia (too much calcium in the blood)
- hyponatremia (low sodium in the blood)
- Odd working hours (night shifts, working weekends or for long continuous hours)
- Another body pain
- Medication (such as tranquilizers, sleeping pills, antihistamines)
Apart of the above causes drowsiness, certain serious causes that also need immediate medical attention as a head injury, hypovolemic or hemorrhagic shock, meningitis, stroke, etc.
How to get rid of sleepiness?
Now comes the obvious question, how to combat sleepiness! The first step in this direction is the treatment of the cause of your sleepiness. View the previous list of causes of sleepiness and determine what may be the cause of your sleepiness. Is stress, insomnia or work odd hours? Or something else? If you can not get the key, take help from your provider of health care and talk about your routine, and any other problems you may be facing. If your drowsiness is caused by certain medications, which can be changed by your doctor. Once you have identified the cause of your drowsiness, take the help of the following remedies to combat drowsiness.
1. Follow a regular sleep schedule
This is a must. Because you are not getting enough sleep or not sleep at the time of each like day, your body rhythm is disturbed. Adequate sleep and sleep are the key to staying cool throughout the day. This will help you stay away from low energy, fatigue, depression and stress.
Therefore, the amount to sleep and when?
need seven to nine hours of sleep each night. This will make you work at its best and not make you sleep during the day.
Now comes the question, when to sleep by having a quality sleep that will not provide daytime sleepiness! It is said that you should aspire to go to bed somewhere between 20: 00-23: 00 depending on whether you are a night owl or a lark morning! However, do not go to sleep after midnight because until a few hours before midnight, your body gets the best deep sleep. As you move toward morning, his dream becomes clearer. No matter if he has fallen asleep at 10 pm and 3 am, you are bound to get a lighter sleep in the morning near ”!
This may be bad news for workers who have to do night shifts, but that’s what nature has ruled for us!
- Go to sleep between 8 pm to 11 pm, more than that.
- sleep for at least 7-8 hours each night.
- Keep a regular call time on weekdays and weekends. You can get up an hour later on weekends, but it’s too late. If every day gets up at 6 am, you can afford to get up at 7 on Sundays, but not at 10 am! This disturbs the sleep cycle rhythm of your body.
If you are a night-shift worker, this could appear to be impossible for you. What to do then? The following remedy is for you!
sleep tips for workers on the night shift
If you are among those who have to be alert at night so that others can sleep in peace, Congratulate yourself for such a noble task ! But that does not mean you have to suffer from health disorders or face sleepiness in the days when you’re lucky enough to have a day shift! Here are some sleep tips for night workers by making it possible to have a regular sleep schedule fit your body rhythm.
Change your sleep schedule three days before your work schedule changes.
Suppose you work a.m.-12 p.m. 4, and after three days, his shift change at 10 pm to 6 PM. Now, if you sleep 02 a.m.-10 a.m., postpone their sleep for 2 hours, three days before his new work schedule starts.
- On the first day, go to sleep at 4 am and sleep until 12 h.
- On the second day, go to sleep at 6 am and sleep until 2 h.
- Third day, go to sleep at 7 am and sleep until 3 h.
- The fourth day, when you start to work 10 a.m.-06 p.m., go to sleep at 8 am and sleep until 4 h.
Now, sleep every day at 8 am and wake up at 4 pm. When you change your work schedule after a month or so, once again change their sleep schedule, changing their sleep three days in advance.
Keep regular sleep schedule on weekly days off
Your weekends may not match the weekends of other family members. But the rule is the same for everyone. Keep normal sleep and hours of attention these days as well. This tells your body when you feel sleepy and not when. If you, the night shift worker also maintain a regular sleep schedule, you will not feel sleepy during working hours.
Take the help of your family and tell them not to disturb their sleep due to phone calls and visitors when sleeping.
clockwise rotating shift their duty
First, try to avoid frequently rotating shifts. However, this can not always be done when at work. But trying to convince management on the rotation of their turns clockwise. This means that their displacement must be turned day shift to night to night instead of rotating in a reverse order.
Ask your manager to schedule your next shift so that starts later than its present. This will help you sleep better in the coming days and will also be able to stay alert during work.
2. Receive sunlight or bright light
Sunlight regulates the biological clock; that makes your body alert on working time. However, it may not always be possible for you to get sunlight, thanks to its ever-changing times service. At such times, keep his job brilliantly lit. This combat sleepiness and stay alert. Circadian rhythms or body’s internal clock control sleep-wake cycle. These rhythms are, in turn, controlled by a part of our brain that is influenced by light.
However, on the way home from work, you should try to avoid bright light so that you can sleep easily once you get home. Also, use blinds or heavy curtains, so that sunlight is blocked when sleeping during the day.
quality of uninterrupted sleep is essential to combat drowsiness.
3. Exercise to avoid drowsiness
Get some exercise daily, preferably in the morning. The adrenaline will help you stay more alert. One of the main causes of sleepiness is not getting enough physical activity. Our bodies are made to work and rest and not always rest. When muscles and all that is within your body can not move, you become inactive. Therefore, make a habit of exercising daily for at least 30 minutes. This will also make you sleep better at night. Avoid exercise near bedtime, though! This will hamper your sleep and make more sleep the next day. But what exercises to do?
- walking for 30-40 minutes a day
- Jog for half an hour or go to the gym and use an elliptical trainer
- Nado for 20-30 minutes
- Running is good exercise
- Cycling can also help
- aerobics or yoga
- dance to your heart!
In short, do whatever you feel like, but move your body for at least 30-40 minutes a day.
4. Use acupressure points to Drowsiness, somnolence
When you feel sleepy and need to be alert, you can also take the help of acupressure along with proper breathing. This stimulates the nervous system and makes you alert almost instantly.
Press GV 26 acupressure points
is located in the philtrum- the vertical groove between the base of the nose and the edge of the upper lip.
- Press the center of this point with the index finger firmly
- While holding the point, inhale deeply, hold for a few seconds and exhale slowly.
- Repeat this three times.
Press Acupressure point 20 GB
is below the base of the skull in the back of the head.
- Bring your thumbs under the skull bones at both ends
- tilt the head back while deep inhales
- again inhale deeply and tilt the head back, a little more
- do this for the third time, having the head a little further back
- this makes three repetitions with tilt head a little more each time, while inhaling three times.
- Rasca these points for a couple of minutes using their nails. Keep inhaling deeply while scratching
Rub B 23 and B 47 acupressure points
These points are located in the lower back.
- Take your hands on your lower back.
- Now vigorously rub the points in the lower back with thumbs up and down
- Do this for a minute
pressed RUB St 36 points acupressure
it is found four fingers down from the bottom of the kneecap, along the outer edge of the shinbone of the leg. This is also called the point of energy and rejuvenates.
- Keep the point with both hands and press firmly.
- Using knuckles, rub vigorously up and down.
- You can do any of the above.
is not necessary to encourage all acupressure points discussed above. Do one or two, or all, what makes you alert and combat drowsiness. It can be done in any order.
5. There is nothing wrong with a cup of coffee or tea
Caffeine is bad, but only when taken in excessive amounts. If you feel drowsy after lunch, there’s nothing wrong with having a half of a cup of coffee or black tea. However, some people have reported problems getting to sleep at night due to tea or coffee taken in the afternoon. Therefore, check taking only a small amount for a day or two. If you can not sleep well because of this caffeine, stop him in the afternoon. You can also have a cup in the morning but not in the evening or at night, as it could hamper your sleep at night.
would be best to have a cup of green tea instead of coffee or black tea. Green tea also increases energy for hours and help combat sleepiness.
6. Do not skip breakfast
This is the most common reason to feel drowsy due to low energy levels. You do not eat for almost 10-12 hours ago after dinner and if breakfast in the morning, the body shape is skipped going to get your fuel! However, not only overloaded with heavy foods.
Having a balanced breakfast consisting of fruits, grains, lean proteins and some energy-rich foods such as nuts. All this will help you get the energy needed to survive the day without drowsiness!
7. Avoid having heavy food to combat sleepiness
always have a healthy and balanced diet
Junk food, spicy and fatty make you feel sleepy. They are also harmful to your health. Always have healthy food. Include more fruits and vegetables in your diet. Reduce your intake of simple carbohydrates such as refined flour and white rice. Instead of these, have complex carbohydrates such as whole grains and brown rice and that too in limited quantities.
Your snacks should also be healthy. Having nuts, fruits, peanuts, dried fruits, salads, sprouts and other healthy foods such as snacks. Make it a point of having a heavy meal. This will help in a major way to avoid drowsiness.
8. Keep your interesting work
By doing the same for a long time, it becomes boring and you feel sleepy. Changing your activities on several occasions. You may have different kinds of work to do during the day. Therefore, mix them all. Whenever you feel bored while doing a job, switch to another and return to previous job after some time to complete.
However, if you have only one type of work you do, try to take breaks in between. A talk for a few minutes with his colleague, a 5-10 minute walk, splashing cold water on my face, reading an interesting thing for a few minutes, everything can help break the mundane sense of routine work . This helps combat sleepiness.
9. Drink plenty of water
Dehydration can make you feel tired. And when you are tired, you should feel sleepy. Therefore, drinking enough water during the day. If you can not have a lot of water, replace it with healthy drinks.
- Pure water
- made flavored water with a squeeze of lemon juice or mint leaves or both!
- Herbal tea
- Clear soups
- Coconut water
- fruits and vegetables aqueous such as watermelon, cucumber, tomatoes, etc. They also serve healthy snacks!
- Fruit juices
10. Stretch your body
This is not similar to your daily exercise. Stretching the body when you feel sleepy in the office immediately make you alert. It is not necessary for a yoga mat or to go outside to make these sections. Just do simple stretching exercises while sitting in your chair or standing for a minute or two.
- Pull your hands behind your back and as you do, stretch the front of your body. Breathe deeply for a while and let go of the hands. Do this a couple of times and that no more will feel sleepy.
- Stretch your legs straight while sitting up straight.
- stand and sit without using your hands. Do it again and again for a few minutes.
- shrugging as he inhaled deeply. Lift them up to your ears, hold for a few seconds and release. Do this for a few times.
- Make circles air with his hands. Squeezes both of his fists while stretching both hands in front of you. Make circles clockwise air and then counterclockwise. Shaking hands.
- Release upper body. Inhale deeply. As you exhale, turn right and grab the back of the chair with your right hand and grab the arm of the chair with his left hand. Use your hold on the chair to help turn around his torso as far to the back of the room as possible. Hold for a few seconds and then turns and goes forward. Repeat with the other side.
- to embrace. Place the left hand on the right shoulder, right hand on the left shoulder. Breathe deeply while the area between the shoulder blades is released.
11. Keep your interesting environment
So whenever you feel sleepy, you can see the things that make you feel alert and happy. For example, keeping photographs of his loving family at his desk. Look at the picture and think of your children or wife. How did you meet them at night or how special you can do for them later in the evening to make them happy. As soon as the mind engages in something that makes you happy, you will become alert. You can also hang beautiful images of fascinating cars, flowers, landscape or makes you feel happy.
12. Use aromatherapy to combat sleepiness
Scents can stay alert. You can use heaters melting the wax to stay refreshed with your favorite fragrance or essential oils used. Sprinkle with one or two drops of scented oil and smacks his handkerchief. Fragrances such as peppermint, eucalyptus, lemon and can help you stay alert.
13. Try to take a quick nap
If nothing helps overcome sleepiness, try a quick nap. You can dispel drowsiness and help you get back on track. However, you can do only if you have some space or time in hand. Take a nap of 10 minutes can make you feel more alert and improves performance. It is a myth taking a nap makes you sleep for hours, or you can wake up feeling even worse. The fact is that naps taken for too long or too late in the day can disrupt your body’s internal clock and make you feel horrible. If you take a nap for 10 to 20 minutes, staying at a stage of lighter sleep and wake up without feeling groggy.
14. Listen to music
The music takes you up. Play some upbeat music while working. This will not let you feel sleepy. Music can be a nothing-dance number, rock or pop. But avoid listening to soothing and relaxing music. This kind of music makes you feel sleepy as I relaxed.
15. Quitting smoking and alcohol
Nicotine and alcohol, both are stimulants that can affect sleep quality. When you do not sleep well at night, you are bound to feel sleepy during the day. So quit smoking. Limit your alcohol intake and avoid alcohol better days.
16. See your
Some medications can affect the quality of sleep at night. Talk to your doctor and see if your pills could keep up that night. Getting a restful sleep at night is essential to combat daytime sleepiness.
There are many ways to combat sleepiness. Discover that suits you most and get rid of their daytime sleepiness.
The post How to Fight Naturally Drowsiness appeared first on http://www.rapidhomeremedies.com/how-to-fight-drowsiness-naturally.html