Do you have trouble remembering the little things like where you left your car keys, or what is supposed to buy at the supermarket? Or you forgot the appointment with your doctor? You have a weak memory can make your everyday life very frustrating.
As age increases, problems I become very common memory. The quality of our memory can be affected by various factors, such as stress , sleep deprivation, depression, underactive or overactive thyroid, nutritional deficiencies (especially B vitamins), smoking, alcohol consumption and the use of certain drugs .
Memory problems can also be caused by dementia, Alzheimer’s disease and other diseases, which can also cause other symptoms. When it comes to such serious issues, it is best to consult an expert for diagnosis and treatment.
But if you only have memory problems in general, you can try some natural home remedies and incorporate changes healthy lifestyle .
Here are the top 10 home remedies to improve memory:
In Ayurvedic medicine, almonds are used as an excellent aid to improve memory and brainpower. They contain antioxidants and omega-3 fatty acids that stimulate memory. It contains antioxidants which makes them good for the eyes.
- Soaking 5 to 10 almonds in water and leave overnight.
- skin peel and grind them the next morning.
- When made into a paste, boiled with a glass of milk.
- Add a little sugar or honey to taste.
- Drink this every day for 30 or 40 days.
Rosemary is a popular herb to improve memory weak. According to a study of 2013, conducted by researchers at the University of Northumbria in England, even the smell of rosemary can help improve prospective memory, which is critical for daily operation.
Prospective memory is the ability to remember to do something in the future (for example, return the phone call from a person, not forgetting to get gas before a trip, etc.).
- Put a teaspoon of dried rosemary in a cup of boiling water and let stand for about five minutes. If you have fresh rosemary, put a sprig in a teapot with hot water and let stand for three to five minutes. Strain the tea and you can add honey to taste, if you prefer. Drink daily for a few weeks.
- The aroma of rosemary is also useful. You can breathe the scent of rosemary oil or add a few drops of oil to a room diffuser.
. Note: There are no studies on the effects of rosemary in children, so it is not recommended for medicinal use in those under 18. However, it can be used as a spice for cooking
3. Black seed (Nigella sativa)
seed Black (scientific name, Nigella sativa), also called kalonji, has a great mind-sharpening potential , thanks to its anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and protective neuron.
The Journal of Ethnopharmacology published a study that found that those who took two 500 mg capsules containing powder ground seed pure black daily showed improved memory, cognition and attention compared to those taking a placebo.
- Mix half teaspoon ground black seeds with a little honey. Eat twice a day for at least a couple of weeks.
- can also take this herb in supplement form after consulting your doctor.
4. Indian Gooseberry
Indian gooseberry, also called amla, is used in Ayurvedic medicine to improve memory capacity and strengthen the nervous system.
Physiology and Behavior journal published a study in 2007 that found an ayurvedic preparation, Anwala churna can help improve memory and to treat Alzheimer’s disease. Indian gooseberry is rich in vitamin C and have antioxidant content, which makes it a good immune stimulant.
- take one to three teaspoons of Anwala churna three times a day for at least a couple of weeks.
- Alternatively you can mix one teaspoon of powdered root of Indian gooseberry and white sesame seeds, also ground into a powder. Add a teaspoon of honey to this mixture and eats once a day for a few days.
Brahmi is an ayurvedic herb with great mental benefits. It works as a brain tonic and has antioxidant and neuroprotective effects.
A 2008 study published in the Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine found that Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri scientific name) helped improve memory and word memory to reduce anxiety and depression. The study was conducted in healthy individuals older than 65 years.
- Extract the juice from the leaves of Brahmi and consume 1 to 2 teaspoons two or three times a day. You can add a little honey if desired.
- In addition, you can mix between a quarter and half a teaspoon of brahmi in a cup of warm milk, add a pinch of cardamom and drink once or twice a day. You can also add some ghee or clarified butter.
- You can buy Brahmi and take supplements standard extract 300 mg a day. Consult your doctor first.
follow any of these remedies for at least a couple of weeks.
6. Fish oil
fish oil supplements have been found to be useful for improving memory and reduce cognitive decline, thanks to high levels of omega-3 . Fish oil contains docosahexaenoic acid (DHA), which can also help prevent the formation of brain plaques associated with Alzheimer’s disease.
- Taking fish oil supplements, containing at least 600 mg DHA every day. For dosage and proper suitability, consult your doctor.
- may include fatty fish such as herring, salmon, mackerel and sardines in your diet.
7. Coconut oil
Coconut oil can help feed the cells of the brain and therefore improve memory and cognitive function. It is also believed to be useful when it comes to the prevention of dementia and the fight against Alzheimer’s disease. It will also increase your energy, lower cholesterol and improve the health of your skin and hair.
- Eat a teaspoon of organic oil, cold-pressed virgin coconut twice a day on a regular basis.
- can also add coconut oil to your smoothies, salads and baked goods.
8. Cinnamon and honey
cinnamon and honey relieve stress and improve your memory. According to research, even the smell of cinnamon can help improve memory and cognitive function.
Furthermore, it is believed that consumption of honey before bedtime will help prevent nocturnal metabolic stress. Also promotes sleep, which plays a significant role in memory consolidation.
- Mix a teaspoon of raw honey with a pinch of cinnamon.
- Consume this mixture daily at night for at least a few months.
9. Asian Ginseng
Ayurvedic and Chinese medicine Asian ginseng have traditionally used as a memory enhancer. It has also been studied by scientists for their potential memory-boosting. It can also be used in combination with ginkgo biloba.
Do not take ginseng for an extended period of time, but can be taken in cycles. Take two or three weeks, then take a break for three weeks and then start again. Consult your doctor for proper dosage and suitability.
. Note: Asian ginseng may interfere with certain medications and is not recommended for children
10. Ginkgo Biloba
people often use ginkgo for memory disorders, and which improves blood flow to the brain and helps it work better. Patients suffering from dementia and Alzheimer’s disease have found it useful to improve memory and thinking. Moreover, according to a study published in the journal Human Psychopharmacology, it may not be useful to improve memory in healthy individuals.
The general dosage of this herb is 40 mg (three times daily for those suffering from dementia), although there is no recommended dose. Research, who have been studying the effect of this herb in improving cognitive function, have given to healthy individuals a daily dose of 120 to 600 mg per day, but do not believe it has been very helpful for these people.
. Note: Ginkgo biloba may interfere with certain medications, so always consult your doctor before using
- Eat a well-balanced and nutritious Dietrich in vitamins A, B12, C, folic acid, beta-carotene, zinc, calcium, iron and magnesium.
- Avoid high fat diets and replace saturated fats in your diet with healthy fats.
- Herbs and spices such as holy basil, turmeric and black pepper will help you boost your memory, so be sure to include in your diet. Also drink green tea because it is full of antioxidants.
- Practical exercises for the brain (sudoku and crossword puzzles) to give your brain a workout.
- Try mnemonic devices to help remember things better.
- Exercise regularly to increase oxygen to the brain and stimulate nerve cells to multiply.
- Get enough sleep. Lack of sleep jeopardizes the ability of the brain to function at full capacity.
- A daily sun exposure a few minutes will improve brain function because it provides vitamin D.
- Avoid stress.
Home remedies to improve memory , article source: http://www.healthyfoodadvice.net/home-remedies-to-improve-memory/