Tinea versicolor, also called tinea versicolor is a common fungal infection of the skin. Anyone can develop, but is most common in adolescents and young adults.
Malassezia fungi are normally present on the surface of the skin without causing any problems. However, sometimes they begin to grow out of control, which affects skin pigmentation.
This resulting in skin patches that are lighter or darker than the original skin color . Discolored patches usually appear on the back, chest, neck and arms.
discolored skin patches may disappear in the days of winter and reappear in the hot and humid summer days. The affected skin also becomes dry and flaky. Although not common, sometimes, it may also cause itching.
Doctors are not sure why this fungus begins to grow abnormally. Possible contributing factors include hot and humid climate excessive sweating oily skin a weak immune system and changes hormonal in the body.
tinea versicolor is not painful or contagious, but can cause emotional distress or self-consciousness. There are many over-the-counter and prescription antifungal treatments. You can also try some simple and inexpensive home remedies.
Here are the top 10 home remedies for tinea versicolor.
1. tea tree oil
Tea tree oil is an effective home remedy tinea versicolor due to its anti-fungal properties. the spread of the infection inhibiting and preventing recurrence. It will provide relief from itching.
- Add 5-7 drops of tea tree oil to 1 tablespoon olive oil or extra virgin coconut oil.
- Apply this oil on the affected area with a cotton ball.
- Let it dry by itself, then rinse with warm water and dry.
- Follow this remedy twice a day for a few weeks.
2. Coconut oil
Coconut oil is an effective remedy for any kind of fungal infection, including tinea versicolor. The medium chain fatty acids in coconut oil work as natural fungicides. This means it helps stop the growth of fungi responsible for the infection.
- Apply a little extra virgin coconut oil on the affected areas. Let it dry by itself.
- Another option is to mix 1 tablespoon extra virgin coconut oil and 5 or 6 drops of cinnamon oil. Apply it on the affected skin. Wait 15-20 minutes before rinsing with warm water.
Follow any of these remedies 2 or 3 times a day until the infection clears.
3. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera has a 14 kDa protein called possessing antifungal and anti-inflammatory properties that are effective in the treatment of tinea versicolor. It can significantly reduce the ability of the fungus to spread. It also has many healing properties that promote healing of damaged skin.
- Extract fresh aloe vera gel of aloe vera leaf. Applying the gel directly to the affected area of the skin, 2 to 3 times a day for several weeks.
- Another option is to mix a few drops of lavender oil in 1 teaspoon of aloe vera gel. Apply to affected, 2 or 3 times a day zones.
Plain, unsweetened yogurt is a natural cure for fungal infections such as tinea versicolor infections. Probiotics present in yogurt keep fungal growth in check. This in turn promotes rapid recovery and prevent recurrence.
- Apply plain yogurt on the affected skin. Leave on for at least 20-30 minutes, then rinse with warm water.
- Also, eat 2-3 cups of plain yogurt daily to help combat yeast internally.
5. Oregano Oil
Can you clarify tinea versicolor using oregano essential oil. It is one of the most powerful anti-fungal oils, which can combat the fungus responsible for the condition and reduce symptoms.
- Prepare a solution with equal amounts of oregano essential oil and oil extra virgin olive oil.
- Apply to the affected areas with a cotton ball.
- Leave on for 30 minutes, then rinse with warm water.
- Follow this remedy once a day for a couple of weeks.
You can also take supplements of essential oil of oregano, after consulting a doctor.
Garlic is also an effective remedy for tinea versicolor. Its antifungal properties help to stop the growth of fungus and provide relief from itching.
- Apply garlic oil or garlic juice freshly drawn in the affected areas. Wait 20 minutes, then take a bath or shower. Do this once a day for a few weeks.
- In addition, consume 2-3 cloves of raw garlic on an empty stomach with warm water every day to treat and prevent the recurrence of tinea versicolor.
- A garlic supplement can be a great addition to your regimen to prevent any type of skin infection. Consult a doctor for the correct dose.
Source / reference : http://tracking.feedpress.it/link/6848/1008796