oral candidiasis, also known as oropharyngeal candidiasis, is a type of yeast infection that develops in the mouth and tongue.
A small amount of the fungus Candida albicans is normally present in the mouth. oral candidiasis occurs when the immune system is unable to maintain its natural defense against fungus and grows out of control.
The infection leads to slightly raised lesions creamy white, usually on the tongue or inner cheeks . If not controlled in time, it can spread to the roof of the mouth, gums, tonsils or back of the throat.
Other signs and symptoms in the mouth include redness, pain, cottony sensation, difficulty swallowing and loss of taste.
Anyone can develop oral candidiasis, but is most common in children, the elderly, those with a weak immune system and those who wear dentures. People who have diabetes, a vaginal yeast infection or cancer are also more prone to it.
The repeated attacks of thrush also indicate an immune deficiency. Therefore, the first step you should take is to build your immune system through a healthy diet. In addition, maintaining good oral hygiene, regular exercise and sleep well and rest.
In addition, you can use some simple home remedies to control infection and reduce symptoms.
Here are the top 10 home remedies for thrush.
Salt is the best remedy for the treatment of oral candidiasis. an inhospitable environment for the fungus is created. Furthermore, salt helps relieve symptoms quickly.
- Mix ½ to 1 teaspoon of salt in 1 cup of warm water. Use it to gargle thoroughly, then spit it out. Repeat this exercise several times a day until you are satisfied with the results.
- You can also sprinkle a little salt on the tongue and the inside of his mouth, then rub gently with your fingers for a few seconds. Rinse thoroughly with warm water. Using this remedy twice a day for a couple of days.
Probiotic yogurt contains live cultures or assets of Lactobacillus species that can help treat candidiasis. Also improve your digestion. To treat yeast infection only use plain yogurt, no sugar.
- Eat 2 to 3 cups of yogurt a day for a couple of weeks.
- also rub some yoghurt on the tongue and inside the mouth with a finger. Let stand for 5-10 minutes, then rinse your mouth with warm water. Do this once or twice a day for a couple of days.
3. Coconut oil
Coconut oil is a good remedy to combat an oral infection. It helps eliminate the yeast and reduce the discomfort associated with thrush.
In a 2007 study published in the Journal of Medicinal Food, researchers found coconut oil to be active against different species of Candida.
- directly apply extra virgin coconut oil in the interior of the mouth and tongue with a cotton swab. Do this twice a day for one week.
- Every morning, pulling oil to 1 tablespoon extra virgin coconut oil on an empty stomach. Swish the oil around the mouth for 10 minutes, then spit it out. Rinse your mouth with warm water and brush your teeth as usual. Do this every day to maintain good oral health.
4. The apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar contains enzymes that can control candida infection. It also restores the pH of the body to fight the overgrowth of yeast causing the infection. It also stimulates the immune system and gives a strong defense against candida.
According to a 2014 study published in the Journal of Prosthodontics, the apple cider vinegar showed antifungal properties against Candida species.
- Mix 2 teaspoons, filter cider vinegar raw apple and ½ teaspoon salt in a cup of warm water. Use this solution to rinse the mouth several times a day until improvement is noticed.
- Also, add 2 tablespoons, filter cider vinegar raw apple and a little raw to a cup of warm honey and drink twice daily.
5. The tea tree oil
tea tree oil works effectively for the treatment of oral candidiasis. His powerful antifungal properties help to control the growth of yeast and provide a quick recovery.
In a 2004 study published in the Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy, the researchers found the antifungal effects of tea tree oil and its components be very effective candida albicans.
- Add 4 or 5 drops of tea tree oil to 1 cup of warm water.
- Use this solution to gargle for a couple of minutes.
- Use this remedy twice a day until the infection has improved
Note: .. Remember not ingest tea tree oil, and it can cause side effects
6. Baking soda
Sodium bicarbonate is an effective and inexpensive remedy for thrush. It can kill the yeast that causes the infection.
According to a 2009 study published in the journal Brazilian Oral Research, 5 percent sodium bicarbonate is effective against Candida albicans.
also helps maintain good levels of pH in the mouth by neutralizing acids.
- Mix 1-2 teaspoons of baking soda with enough water to form a paste. Use a cotton ball to apply this paste on the tongue and inner cheek area. Wait a few minutes, then rinse your mouth with warm water. Follow this remedy 2 or 3 times a day for a few days.
- In addition, dissolve ½ teaspoon of baking soda in a glass of water. Use this solution to rinse the mouth twice a day to get rid of the problem.
Source / reference : http://tracking.feedpress.it/link/6848/1577344