Swelling of the feet is a common problem that anyone can suffer. It is not a disease itself, but rather a symptom of an underlying problem. Usually, this problem occurs when fluid accumulates in the tissues, leading to inflammation known as edema.
This can happen for several reasons, such as overweight, standing or sitting for long periods of time, aging, pregnancy, premenstrual syndrome (PMS), nutritional deficiencies, lack of exercise and poor circulation of blood.
injury or surgery in the leg, ankle or foot can also cause swelling in your feet.
people who have diabetes, heart problems, kidney or liver disease, and pregnant women are more prone to this problem.
with increasing swelling, can cause general malaise and people may have difficulty walking or standing. Other symptoms may include pain, swelling and redness on the feet.
Fortunately, there are plenty of tips and remedies to treat swollen feet in his effective house, so you can go out and enjoy the world.
However, if painful swelling that occurs frequently, consult your doctor. It may be a sign of heart, kidney or liver problems that may require prompt treatment.
Here they are the top 10 home remedies for swollen feet.
1. Contrast hydrotherapy
This type of hydrotherapy, which includes both hot and cold water, is very effective in reducing inflammation in the foot. As the warm water helps to improve circulation, cold water helps reduce swelling and inflammation.
- Complete 2 feet tubs- one with cold water and the other with warm water.
- Soak your feet in warm water for about 3-4 minutes.
- Immediately put your feet in cold water for about 1 minute.
- Continue alternating for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Repeat this exercise several times a day to get relief.
A foot massage is one of the best remedies for swollen feet. pressure on the affected area which helps relax sore muscles and improve circulation is created. It also encourages the drainage of excess fluid to reduce the swelling.
- Apply a little warm mustard oil or olive oil in the affected area.
- gently massaging the area for 5 minutes in an upward direction, rather than down. Avoid applying too much pressure.
- Do this several times a day.
is more effective to give your feet massage during or after taking a bath.
Note :. If the swelling of the feet is due to pregnancy, see a therapist who specializes in prenatal massage
3. Epsom salt
Epsom salt works fast to reduce inflammation and may help relieve pain and discomfort, too. Magnesium sulfate in Epsom salt is readily absorbed through the skin and helps improve circulation and reduce swelling. It is also soothing for tired aching muscles and even helps neutralize foot odor.
- Mix ½ cup of Epsom salt in a foot tub filled with warm water.
- swollen soak in it for 10 to 15 minutes feet.
- Repeat up to 3 times a week.
Ginger is a natural diuretic that helps treat swollen feet. It helps to dilute sodium, a major contributing factor behind the swelling. In addition, its anti-inflammatory property helps reduce swelling.
- Get on your feet swollen with ginger oil to massage a couple of times a day massage.
- can also drink 2-3 cups of ginger tea or chewing a few slices of raw ginger.
The diuretic property Dandelion helps the body metabolize more liquid, so it is a great remedy for swollen feet. According to a 2009 study published in the Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, Dandelion has a diuretic effect that helps treat water retention.
also helps regulate the level of sodium in the body.
- mix 1 teaspoon of dandelion leaves fresh or dried in a cup of hot water. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes and strain. This herbal tea drink 2 or 3 times a day.
- you can also take tincture of dandelion or supplements, but only after consulting a doctor.
6. Water Lemon
Drinking lemon water helps remove excess fluids and toxins from your body, which can reduce swelling in the feet and other areas body caused by water retention. It also helps to keep the body hydrated and provides anti-inflammatory benefits.
- Mix 2 tablespoons lemon juice in a cup of warm water.
- sweeten with a little raw honey.
- drink this lemon water a few times a day.
Source / reference : http://tracking.feedpress.it/link/6848/1630732