. Note: For severe and chronic shoulder, consult a physician for diagnosis and appropriate treatment
shoulder pain can occur in any of the many muscles, ligaments or tendons in and around his shoulder. Once your shoulder starts hurting, it may be difficult to focus on anything else.
People of all ages can experience shoulder pain. However, people who use laptops, tablets and smart phones for prolonged periods are more prone to this problem.
A number of factors and conditions may contribute to shoulder pain. The most common cause is damage to soft tissues, including muscles, tendons and ligaments in the shoulder. This could be due to repetitive use or overuse injuries.
Sometimes the pain is due to some kind of injury to the neck or biceps. Other causes of shoulder pain include arthritis, bursitis, tendonitis, bone spurs, torn cartilage, a fractured collarbone, frozen shoulder and spinal cord injury.
Certain diseases can also cause pain in the shoulder, such as cervical disease spine in the neck, as well as the liver, heart and gallbladder disease.
In addition to pain, one may experience symptoms such as swelling and difficulty moving the shoulder and tenderness around the joint .
you can treat shoulder pain less at home. However, it is advisable to consult a doctor if symptoms seem to be worsening.
Here are the top 10 home remedies for shoulder pain.
1. Cold compress
Cold compresses are very beneficial in relieving shoulder pain. The cold temperature helps numb the area, which in turn reduces inflammation and pain.
- Put some ice cubes in a plastic bag and wrap the bag in a thin towel.
- and place it over the affected area for 10 to 15 minutes area.
- repeat a few times a day for a few days.
can also soak a towel in cold water and apply it on the shoulder.
Note: not put ice directly on the skin. It can cause frostbite.
2. Hot compress
Like cold packs, heating pads also help treat shoulder pain, inflammation and swelling. It is best to use warm compresses after 48 hours of the injury occurring. Hot compresses also help ease the pain of stressed muscles.
- Fill a hot water bottle with hot water and apply it on the shoulder pain for 10 to 15 minutes while you lie comfortably. Repeat several times a day until complete relief is obtained.
- Also, you can be in the shower and running hot to some hot water over your shoulder for 5-10 minutes. Try to stay still during this time. You can enjoy a hot shower twice a day.
Compression means putting a uniform on the painful area to help reduce swelling pressure. A compression bandage give broad support on the shoulder and make you feel more comfortable.
You can compress the affected area with an elastic bandage or a warm coat, which can be easily purchased in the market area. Wrap the affected area for a few days or until the pain and swelling have subsided area. Also, keeping the high side with the help of pillows to promote healing
Note: .. Avoid wrapping it too tightly, which can lead to poor circulation and worsen the condition
4. Epsom salt bath
Epsom salt, consisting of magnesium sulphate, you can help reduce shoulder pain. It helps to improve blood circulation and relaxes stressed muscles shoulder. It also helps relieve stress throughout the body.
- Fill the tub with warm or tolerably hot water.
- Add 2 cups Epsom salt and stir well.
- Soak in this water with submerged shoulder for 20-25 minutes.
- Do this up to 3 times a week.
Massage is another good way to reduce pain in the shoulder. A gentle massage will help your shoulder muscles relieve stress and tension. Furthermore, it improved blood circulation and reduce swelling and stiffness.
Get the massage by someone who can do a good massage on the shoulder. Massage, you can use olive, coconut, sesame or mustard oil.
- Heat the oil slightly and apply it on the shoulder.
- Gently squeeze the shoulder muscles and apply pressure as well to relieve pain and stimulate blood flow.
- massage for about 10 minutes, then put a hot towel over the affected area for best results.
- make massage therapy a few times a day until the pain subsides
Note: .. not massage the injured area if it causes pain
turmeric is a good remedy to relieve shoulder pain. The curcumin in turmeric contains antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce pain and swelling.
- Make a paste by mixing 2 tablespoons of turmeric powder and 1 or more tablespoons of coconut oil. Rub this paste on sore muscles and let dry. Rinse with warm water. Repeat twice a day until the pain is gone.
- Add 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder and 1 cup of milk and boil. Sweeten with honey and drink twice a day to promote healing.
- You can also take 250-500 mg turmeric capsules up to 3 times a day. Consult your doctor for the correct dose
Note: .. Avoid excessive consumption of turmeric if you take anticoagulant drugs
Source / reference : http://tracking.feedpress.it/link/6848/1188133