Geographic tongue, also known as benign migratory glossitis, is a harmless yet annoying condition that primarily affects the top and sides of the tongue .
This makes areas of the papillae become white and more pronounced, thus causing red, white and pink patches on the tongue that changes position over time.
In some cases, the tongue may also be sensitive to hot, spicy or acidic foods. The red areas are sometimes infected with thrush (candida). In addition, there may be ulcers and burning pain and bad breath.
Nobody really knows what causes this oral condition. Several factors can contribute to it, such as emotional stress or other psychological factors, oral parafunctional habits, allergies, nutritional deficiencies, diabetes and hormonal disorders.
In addition, this problem is more common in people with psoriasis. Some consider geographic tongue an oral form of psoriasis.
Anyone can develop potentially geographic tongue, regardless of age and sex. is not contagious, nor never become cancer. The condition tends to persist for months or years. It often resolves on its own, but may appear later.
There is no cure for geographic tongue. To ease discomfort or irritation, you can try some home remedies and changes in simple lifestyle. Also, ask your doctor for an appropriate time to rule out a more serious diagnosis.
These are the 10 best ways to deal with geographic tongue.
1. dietary choices
To reduce the discomfort associated with geographic tongue, avoid or limit foods that can aggravate irritating sensitive tissues of the tongue. irritating foods tend to worsen the condition, so it is difficult to cure.
- Avoid eating hot, spicy, acidic or salty foods.
- Avoid snuff products.
- Avoid flavored hard candy or other foodstuffs.
- Avoid acidic fruits and vegetables.
- Limit your intake of sugary foods and highly processed.
2. Fluid intake
By keeping your body hydrated, which can help relieve some of the discomfort of geographic tongue. To promote hydration, simply increase fluid intake. Hydration also stimulates saliva production, which in turn promotes oral health.
- Drink ample amount of water during the day. You can also suck on ice chips.
- Eat frozen fruits waterborne and vegetables such as watermelon and cucumber slices.
- Drinking smoothies, fruit juices and vegetables.
- Drink 1-2 glasses of coconut water a day.
- Drink tea cold herbs like green tea or chamomile.
Avoid sugary drinks, use and normal tea, coffee and alcoholic beverages.
3. Vegetable glycerin
Another good home remedy for geographic tongue is vegetable glycerin. It is especially effective in maintaining good wet tongue, accelerating the healing process. It even helps eliminate bad breath.
- soak a cotton ball in vegetable glycerin and apply it in their language. Wait 5 minutes, then brush your tongue with a soft toothbrush. Rinse with warm water. Do this twice a day for several days.
- You can even use a mouthwash glycerin 2 or 3 times a day.
4. Aloe Vera
The anti-inflammatory and healing aloe vera that is effective for the treatment of different types of oral problems remedy properties including geographic tongue. It also helps eliminate bad breath.
- Remove the gel from an aloe vera leaf and apply it in their language. Wait 10 minutes before rinsing with warm water. Repeat this exercise several times a day.
- Use aloe vera juice to rinse the mouth 2 or 3 times a day.
5. The apple cider vinegar
If the language shows signs of infection or thrush, the apple cider vinegar is a good treatment option. It helps restore the natural pH balance of the mouth and fight infection.
The bitter taste and acid can cause some burning, but soon you will notice an improvement in their condition.
- mix 1 tablespoon of unfiltered apple cider vinegar oil and ¼ teaspoon of baking soda in a glass of water. Use as a mouthwash 2 or 3 times a day.
- Mix 1 tablespoon, filter cider vinegar raw apple and some raw honey in a glass of water. Sip slowly this solution 1 or 2 times a day.
Follow these two remedies until symptoms disappear.
6. Pulling oil
This ancient Ayurvedic practice can help treat red spots on the tongue. Pulling oil helps in removing toxins from your mouth and body. It also helps to maintain good oral health.
- Put 1 tablespoon of organic coconut or cold pressed sesame oil in the mouth.
- Swish oil around the mouth for about 10 minutes.
- oil spit and rinse your mouth with warm water.
- Brush your teeth as usual.
- Use this remedy daily in the morning before eating anything
. Note: not ingest the oil
Source / reference : http://tracking.feedpress.it/link/6848/1470314