A cyst of the eyelid, medically known as a chalazion, is a small lump that appears under the skin eyelid due to a blocked oil gland. It can develop in the upper or lower eyelid. It is not contagious and is more common in adults than in children.
A cyst of the eyelid is similar to a dump, but it is usually larger and less painful. It is characterized by a hard lump localized swelling that extends to the area around the eyes and can sometimes cause pain and irritation. When infected, it may become more swollen, red and painful.
The most common cause of cysts of the eyelids is obstruction and inflammation of the Meibomian glands producing oil on the eyelids. People with a history of chalazion and usually play their eyelids with dirty hands are more prone to this problem. Some people have naturally thicker secretions of the Meibomian glands than others, making them susceptible to blocked sebaceous glands lead to chalazions.
eyelid cysts are usually not serious and only rarely obstruct vision or pose an immediate danger to the eye problem. Most cysts of the eyelids heal on their own within 2-8 weeks. However, you can use some home remedies to help heal faster.
Here are the top 10 home remedies for cysts of the eyelids.
1. Hot compress
A heating pad is one of the best remedies for cysts of the eyelids. The heat helps to increase blood circulation to the area and promotes drainage of the gland. It also helps to reduce pain and swelling.
- soak a soft cloth in hot water (clean and sterile water) and drain the excess.
- have this hot, damp cloth on your closed eyelids for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Repeat 3 to 4 times daily for 2 weeks.
can also try facial steam.
gently massage the affected eyelid may help accelerate the draining process. This will promote rapid healing.
- Wash your hands with soap and water.
- Apply a hot compress to closed eyelids for 5 minutes.
- Using your fingers, gently massage the area in an upward direction.
- massage for 2 to 3 minutes several times a day.
3. guava leaves
Another popular home remedy for cysts of the eyelids is guava leaves. The leaves contain anti-inflammatory compounds that help reduce swelling and pain. In addition, natural healing power helps speed recovery.
- Wash 5 or 6 guava leaves thoroughly.
- these sheets heated in the microwave for a few seconds.
- Place a hot sheet in a clean, dry cloth.
- Put this cloth on the swollen area of your eyelid.
- When the blade is cooled, replace it with a new hot foil.
- Repeat this remedy twice daily for several days.
4. The leaves of acacia
The use of an infusion made from acacia leaves can also help reduce pain and swelling associated with cysts of the eyelids, thanks its anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties.
- Heat 2 cups of water and boil a handful of acacia leaves in it.
- When the solution is a comfortable temperature, remove the leaves, soak a clean cloth in the solution and use it as a hot compress.
- Repeat several times a day for several days
Note: .. Be sure to wash the leaves before using
5. The apple cider vinegar
Many people have also reported positive results after using apple cider vinegar compresses to the eyelids cysts. Its anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties help reduce pain and inflammation and even fighting infection.
- Put 2 tablespoons of organic raw, filtering the apple cider vinegar in 1 cup of hot water. Soak a cotton ball in this solution and apply it on the affected area for about a minute. Follow this remedy three times a day for a few days.
- Also, mix 1 tablespoon, filter cider vinegar raw apple in a cup of water. Drink twice a day for a couple of weeks.
6. Castor oil
Castor oil has high anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce pain and inflammation associated with a cyst of the eyelid. It can help reduce the size of a cyst quickly, which in turn means rapid healing.
- First, warm compresses to the affected eyelid applied for 5 minutes. Then use a cotton swab to apply castor oil on the affected area. Follow this remedy twice daily for 1-2 weeks.
- Alternately, mix ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder with enough castor oil to make a thick paste. After washing the cyst with warm water, apply this paste on the affected area. Leave on for 15 minutes before rinsing with warm water. Repeat three times a day until the cyst is gone.
Source / reference : http://tracking.feedpress.it/link/6848/714446