cervical spondylosis, also known as cervical osteoarthritis and arthritis of the neck, is a common age-related condition that affects joints in the neck. It occurs due to wear of the cartilage, tissues and bones of the cervical spine. These changes may include dehydrated discs, herniated discs, bone spurs and tight ligaments.
Besides age, other risk factors for cervical spondylosis include occupations that can cause more tension in your neck, some neck injuries, improper posture while sitting or walking, the smoking, being overweight, physical inactivity and genetic factors .
cervical spondylosis causes no noticeable symptoms for most people. However, some may experience neck pain, mild pain and chronic around the shoulder blades, neck stiffness, muscle weakness, headaches, pain in the arms and fingers, and a tingling sensation in the shoulders and arms. Sometimes you can also have symptoms such as loss of balance.
Most people over age 65 suffer from some degree of cervical spondylosis. Fortunately, with the help of certain medications, changes simple lifestyle and some simple home remedies, you can control the symptoms and lead a life free of pain. Follow the remedies every day until he recovers completely.
Here are the top 10 home remedies for cervical spondylosis.
1. Regular exercise
One of the main causes of cervical spondylosis is the lack of regular exercise. Therefore, it can reduce pain and stiffness in the neck and shoulders by incorporating regular exercise into your lifestyle.
- Turn your head in both directions, clockwise and counterclockwise, and seat the other side of the neck from one shoulder to the other. Do this for 10 minutes 2 or 3 times a day. This will help the pain in the neck to get serious.
- Even arms can rotate clockwise and counterclockwise directions, and folding and unfolding his fists at regular intervals to control pain.
- Also, low impact aerobic exercises like swimming or brisk walking for 30 minutes at least 5 times a week.
- You can also enjoy cycling regularly. However, be sure to keep your back straight while cycling
Note: .. If the pain becomes severe when I do any kind of exercise, quit and see your doctor
2. hot and cold compresses
Another easy way to treat neck pain due to cervical spondylosis is alternating hot and cold compresses on the affected area. Hot packs improve blood circulation and relax muscles sore. Cold compresses reduce swelling and inflammation.
- To make the heating pad, wrap a hot water bottle in a thin towel.
- To make cold compress, wrap some ice cubes in a thin towel.
- Place a warm compress on the affected area for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove and apply cold compress for 1 minute.
- Repeat. process 15 to 20 minutes
- follow this simple remedy a few times a day until the relief
. Note: do not apply hot compresses if the affected area is red and irritated. Avoid cold compresses if you have circulatory problems.
3. Epsom salt bath
Take a bath of Epsom salt on a regular basis is another good remedy to relieve symptoms associated with cervical spondylosis. The magnesium in Epsom salt regulates pH levels in the body, in turn, reduce stiffness, swelling and pain in the neck and shoulders.
- mix some water in 1-2 tablespoons of Epsom salt to a thick paste. Apply to the affected area for 15 to 20 minutes to get soothing comfort. For this, every other day.
- Alternately, add 2 cups of Epsom salt in a warm bath. Soak in it for 15-20 minutes. Enjoy a relaxing bath 2 or 3 times a week
Note: .. Those who have kidney problems, heart problems or diabetes should not use this remedy
garlic works well when it comes to cervical spondylosis symptoms. Its anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties help to treat pain, swelling and inflammation in the neck and surrounding areas.
- Eat a few outbreaks of raw garlic every morning on an empty stomach with water. You can also take garlic capsules, but only after consulting your doctor.
- Another option is to heat 2-3 cloves of minced garlic in a pan with a little vegetable oil. Let cool, then use it to massage the painful area for 5-10 minutes. Follow this with a hot bath. Do this 2 times a day.
Continue any of these remedies every day until he recovers completely.
Due to its anti-inflammatory properties, turmeric is another popular remedy for cervical spondylosis. In addition, turmeric increases blood circulation, which helps reduce muscle stiffness and pain.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder in a glass of milk. Simmer for 5 minutes. Allow to cool, then add a little honey. Drink 2 times a day.
- Alternatively take turmeric capsules 3 times a day. Consult your doctor for the correct dose.
6. Sesame seeds
A popular ayurvedic remedy to deal with cervical spondylosis is sesame seeds. They are rich in calcium, magnesium, manganese, copper, zinc, phosphorus and vitamins D and K, which are good for bones and overall health. Sesame oil is also effective in reducing pain in the neck.
- Rub some warm sesame oil over and massage the affected area for 10 minutes. Then apply a hot compress to the area. Do this 3 or 4 times a day.
- You can also mix a few drops of lavender oil in hot sesame oil and used to massage the neck area.
- Other options include chewing 1 tablespoon white sesame seeds toasted once daily in the morning, or mix 1 teaspoon roasted and ground seeds sesame in a glass of warm milk and drink 2 times a day . Also, include sesame seeds in your kitchen.
Source / reference : http://tracking.feedpress.it/link/6848/482344