Note: consult your physician for diagnosis and appropriate treatment of this condition. Use home remedies only as an adjuvant treatment.
Appendicitis is an inflammation of the appendix, which can be acute or chronic. The appendix is a small bump in the colon, which is in the lower right quadrant of the abdomen.
Appendicitis mainly affects people between the ages of 10 and 30. On the other hand, is more common in men than in women. Each year in the United States, more than 250,000 people opt for surgery to remove the appendix due to appendicitis.
Inflammation of the appendix occurs due to a partial or complete blockage in Appendix as a result of an accumulation of feces. Other causes include an enlargement of lymphoid follicles, intestinal worms, trauma and tumors.
Some of the common symptoms of appendicitis are pain in the lower right abdomen , loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, constipation, inability to pass gas, abdominal swelling and low-grade fever.
untreated appendix may rupture and be fatal. Therefore, diagnosis and early treatment prescribed by your doctor is important. The standard treatment is surgical removal of the appendix.
In addition, you can use some home remedies to help relieve some of the symptoms of appendicitis, but not rely solely on these remedies .
These are the top 10 home remedies for appendicitis.
1. Castor oil
Castor oil is an effective home remedy for appendicitis. A castor oil pack can help relieve obstruction and reduce inflammation, and castor oil taken orally helps fight constipation and improves bowel movements.
- Prepare a castor oil pack folding a large layered flannel cloth and pour 2 tablespoons of castor oil in it.
- Lie on an old towel and put the flannel cloth in his abdomen.
- Repeat this remedy 3 times a week for 2-3 months.
Garlic has anti-inflammatory that helps therapeutic potential in the treatment of appendicitis. It helps reduce inflammation and pain.
- Eat 2-3 cloves of raw garlic on an empty stomach every day. You can also use garlic in your kitchen.
- Alternatively take garlic capsules, but only after consulting a doctor.
Due to its anti-inflammatory properties, ginger also helps to treat appendicitis. It can reduce pain and inflammation, while also helping to alleviate common symptoms of vomiting and nausea.
- Drinking ginger tea 2 or 3 times a day. To prepare ginger tea, boil 1 teaspoon ginger slices or grated ginger in a cup of boiling water for 5-10 minutes.
- Massage the lower abdomen with ginger oil a couple of times a day.
- can also take ginger capsules, but only after consulting your doctor.
4. fenugreek seeds
fenugreek seeds are effective in the treatment of appendicitis. These seeds prevent the accumulation of waste and excess intestinal mucus, thus reducing the possibility of the problem become severe. They also help reduce pain.
- Add 2 tsp fenugreek seeds 1 cup of water. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 10-15 minutes. Strain and keep warm when this decoction once a day.
- Include fenugreek seeds in your kitchen to control pain and inflammation.
Lemon is also very beneficial in the treatment of appendicitis. Juice citrus lemon natural to help relieve pain and prevent indigestion and constipation. In addition, vitamin C in the lemon stimulates the immune system to prevent infection.
- extract fresh juice of 1 lemon.
- Mix with an equal amount of raw honey.
- Take this mixture twice a day.
- Repeat daily for a few weeks.
If the patient has appendicitis a low-grade fever, Basil is an effective herb to lower its temperature. Moreover, basil is a good remedy for indigestion and intestinal gas.
- To reduce fever, boil a handful of basil leaves and 1 teaspoon grated ginger 1 cup water until the solution is reduced by half. Strain and add a little honey. Drink this tea 2 times a day for a couple of days.
- to get rid of intestinal gas, mix 5 basil leaves crushed ¼ teaspoon sea salt and some black pepper powder in 2-3 tablespoons of plain yogurt. Consume twice daily.
- may also be of 3-4 basil leaves raw daily to help control the symptoms of appendicitis.
Source / reference : http://tracking.feedpress.it/link/6848/730796