When the weakened veins walls or malfunction of the valves that regulate blood flow develop, this causes the appearance of varicose veins. They are a common problem in which appear abnormally large veins near the surface of the skin, usually in the calves and thighs.
According to the Department of Health and Human Services, varicose veins affect approximately 25% of women and 10% of men.
This condition is known to cause Pain , concern , Fatigue and burning sensations, tingling, prickling, or heaviness in the legs . Many people are also concerned about the appearance of bulging veins .
Varicose veins can be caused by many factors, including heredity, obesity, occupations that require prolonged standing, constipation, use of birth control pills and hormonal changes in the body during puberty, pregnancy and menopause.
surgical and medical treatments for varicose veins can be very expensive. There are some home remedies that can help decrease the severity of varicose veins and reduce some of the discomfort they cause.
Here they are the top 10 home remedies for varicose veins.
1. The apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is a great treatment for varicose veins. It is a product of natural body cleansing also improves blood flow and circulation. A natural flow of blood will cause swelling and heaviness of varicose veins diminish greatly.
- Take undiluted apple cider vinegar and apply it on the skin over the varicose veins and gently massage the area. Do this every day before going to bed and then again in the morning. Repeat this process for a few months to reduce the size of varicose veins.
- can also mix two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar with a glass of water and mix well. Drink twice a day for at least a month and you should notice positive results.
Cayenne pepper is thought to be a miracle treatment for varicose veins. It is a very rich source of vitamin C and bioflavonoids, and increases blood circulation and relieves pain of swollen veins engorged.
- Add a teaspoon of cayenne pepper powder to a cup of hot water and mix well.
- Take this mixture three times daily for a period of one to two months.
In order to treat varicose veins, it is essential to increase circulation of blood. A massage with olive oil will help increase circulation, which in turn will reduce pain and inflammation.
- Mix equal amounts of olive oil and vitamin E oil and a little hot mixture. Massaging veins with hot oil for several minutes. Do this twice a day for one or two months.
- can also mix two tablespoons of hot olive oil with four drops of cypress essential oil and massage her veins.
Garlic is known to be an excellent herb to reduce inflammation and symptoms of varicose veins. It will also help improve circulation and break down harmful toxins in the blood vessels.
- Put six cloves of sliced garlic in a clean glass jar.
- Add the juice of three oranges to the jar. Also add two tablespoons of olive oil.
- Let the mixture sit for about 12 hours.
- Shake the bottle before use and then put a few drops of the solution in the fingers. Massaging the swollen veins with the solution for 15 minutes in a circular motion.
- wrap the area with a cotton cloth and leave overnight.
- This is repeated every day for several months.
should also include fresh garlic in your diet.
Butcher’s broom (Ruscus aculeatus) is very useful when it comes to relieve the discomfort and pain of varicose veins. This herb contains compounds known as ruscogenins which constricts the veins and help reduce inflammation due to its anti-inflammatory and anti-elastase activity.
Take 100 mg supplements rusco tid. Rusco supplements are created from roots and seeds of the plant, and contain vitamins B and C together with calcium, magnesium, chromium, potassium, manganese, selenium, zinc and silicon.
These nutrients will tighten, strengthen and reduce inflammation in veins and also improve blood flow to the legs.
. Note: If you have high blood pressure or benign prostatic hyperplasia, do not take this herb without consulting a doctor
6. Witch Hazel
Witch hazel is a very effective herb that will strengthen its vessels blood and thus reduce symptoms of varicose veins. Apart from being an astringent, it also contains gallic acid and various essential oils to help reduce swelling and pain.
- Soak a cloth in witch hazel and place it over the affected area. Repeat two or three times a day for one or two months.
- can also fill a tub with warm water and add 10 to 20 drops of distilled witch hazel. Then soak your legs in the water for at least 15 minutes. Wash your legs with clean water and pat them dry. Repeat this remedy once daily for one or two months.
7. The seeds of horse chestnut
horse chestnut seeds have been used for centuries as a treatment for varicose veins. The seeds have anti-inflammatory properties and anti-inflammation that have been shown to increase the success “venous tone ‘and reduce the appearance of varicose veins.
seed extract horse chestnut contains a compound called aescin which improves the elastic force of veins and prevents the release of enzymes that damage capillary walls.
the Cochrane Collaboration made a review of clinical studies and found that the extract of horse chestnut is an effective treatment short term symptoms of varicose veins.
- a gel seed horse chestnut is on sale in the markets. You can use this gel externally to the affected area twice a day . Regular use will significantly reduce the pain and swelling of the legs.
- there are also supplements Buckeye available. the most common dose is 300 mg twice daily. Never take Indian raw brown because it contains large amounts of a toxic compound known as esculin.
. Note: Do not use this medicine if you are pregnant or breastfeeding
parsley is rich in vitamin C, which is a powerful antioxidant that stimulates collagen production and helps in cell repair and reproduction. It also contains the routine, which is very important for strengthening the capillaries and therefore is very useful in reducing symptoms of varicose veins.
- Chop a handful of fresh parsley and boil a cup of water for five minutes.
- solution is removed from heat, cover and let cool until warm. Then strain the solution.
- Add a drop of essential oils of rose and calendula each.
- Put the solution in the refrigerator for several minutes.
- Apply the solution to the affected area with a cotton ball.
- do this every day for several months and see positive results.
Also, try to eat raw parsley as often as possible.
9. vine leaves
vine leaves contain a good amount of flavonoids, which will help maintain healthy veins . The leaves have anti-inflammatory and homeostatic astringent properties, antioxidants, which are very useful for the treatment of varicose veins.
- Take a cup of vine leaves and boil them in four cups of water for 10 to 15 minutes. Allow to soak for several minutes until warm.
- pour the solution into a bucket and soak your feet in it for five minutes.
- Then put your feet in another bucketful of cold water for 10 seconds.
- Do this three or four times in a stretch, always ending with cold water to soak.
- Then, massaging the legs upward with castor oil.
- treatment ends, putting the legs in an elevated position for a few minutes.
marigolds is quite a rich source of vitamin C and flavonoids that are known to stimulate collagen production and helps in cell repair and reproduction. Calendula will also help improve circulation, thus helping to reduce the various symptoms of varicose veins.
- Boil a cup of calendula flowers in four cups of water for five minutes.
- Soak a cotton cloth in the solution and place the cloth on the affected area. Leave it on until completely cool.
- repeat this process several times a day for a few months before improving.
can also eat fresh calendula petals.
All these remedies will help reduce swelling and discomfort of varicose veins and minimize their appearance. Of course, you go regularly walk, bike or swim in order to improve blood circulation in the legs.
10 home remedies for varicose veins , article source: http://www.healthyfoodadvice.net/10-home-remedies-for-varicose-veins/