The body heat, also known as thermal stress , is a common health problem caused by exposure to high temperatures. It occurs when the body is unable to cool itself sufficient to maintain the temperature within the normal range of 36.5-37.5 97.7-99.5 degrees Celsius degrees Fahrenheit. The body normally cools off by sweating, but sometimes sweating is not enough and the temperature continues to rise.
Factors such as hot and humid climate, spending too much time in the sun, wearing tight clothing, strenuous workouts or physical exercise and certain medical conditions can cause or worsen the problem.
body heat is not a disease, but should not be taken lightly. If left untreated, it can become heat stroke. Anyone can suffer from heat stress, but people over 65, infants and young children, pregnant and lactating women, and people who are physically ill are at higher risk.
This is the result of generalized weakness and lethargy, dizziness, headache, nausea, muscle cramps, excessive sweating and rapid heartbeat. Moreover, it is often accompanied by dehydration.
There are several methods, but effective easy to address this problem. In addition, it is recommended to move to a shaded area or air conditioning, and remove tight clothing. Sponge with cold water will also be beneficial.
Here are the top 10 home remedies to reduce body heat.
1. Cool Water
The cold water helps to reduce body heat. It also helps the body recover quickly from the side effects of high temperature.
- As soon as an increase in body temperature is noted, drink a glass of cold water. Then drink some cold water every 15 minutes. This will help prevent dehydration, which can worsen your condition.
- Another option is to add ice cubes to a foot bath of cold water. Dip your feet in the bucket for 15-20 minutes.
- You can also enjoy a cold bath to reduce body heat.
2. Coconut water
Coconut water is another effective way to help treat heat exhaustion remedy. Electrolyte composition is excellent to rehydrate the body. It is also loaded with nutrients that help lift your energy.
drink a glass of tender coconut water a few times a day.
Regular use of lemon can keep the body cool and prevent heat-related illnesses. The high content of vitamin C in the lemon can help reduce body temperature. It also hydrates and oxygenates the body to keep you feeling energized and refreshed during hot summer days.
- squeeze the juice of half a lemon in a glass of water.
- Add 1 teaspoon of honey and a pinch of salt.
- drink about 3 glasses of this refreshing drink a day.
The soothing and cooling properties of sandalwood can effectively reduce the increase in body temperature.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of sandalwood powder with enough water or cold milk to make a thin paste. Add a few drops of rose water and apply this paste on the forehead and chest. Let it dry by itself, then rinse with warm water.
- Another option is to apply a bit of sandalwood oil on the forehead and leave on for a few hours. If you have never applied sandalwood oil on your skin, add a few drops of this oil in a teaspoon of coconut oil and then apply to avoid skin irritation.
- can also sprinkle sandalwood powder under the arms, chest and back after taking a shower to keep the cooler body temperature.
Peppermint has a calming effect and cooling. Therefore, it is effective to help reduce body heat remedy.
- Simmer a few ounces of fresh mint leaves in a pot of boiling water for 15-20 minutes. Strain leaves and allow water to cool. Add the mint-infused water in a tub of cold water bath and soak in it for at least 20 minutes. You can also prepare a mint bath, adding a few drops of peppermint essential oil to cool the bath water.
- Steep one teaspoon of fresh or dried leaves of mint in a cup of hot water. Strain and sweeten with a little raw honey. Chill in the refrigerator and enjoy the fresh mint tea several times a day. In addition to reducing body heat, but it will also relieve nausea and headache.
aids in reducing watermelon body heat quickly due to their high water content. A powerful detoxifying, this fruit helps to eliminate toxins from the body, which can contribute to body heat. You eat watermelon regularly, especially during the summer season, will also help you stay hydrated.
- Eat a few slices of watermelon, or combine it with a little cold milk and sugar to make a refreshing drink.
- You can also mix the cubes of watermelon with cucumber and melon. Then sprinkle a little olive oil and balsamic vinegar on it to make a healthy salad.
Source / reference : http://tracking.feedpress.it/link/6848/721655