As a young adult, coffee ruled my life. I do not mean to happen. I do not even like coffee. But having to be at my desk in the press on 7 a.m. was not easy for this night owl. At first he simply liked the smell from afar. So I pour myself a cup of get it smells a little closer. I hold the cup in hands to warm between jobs.
The next thing you know, I was drinking. Not too much at first. One must acquire a taste for coffee. But it did not take me long. Next thing you know, soon the whole cup, drank black, and going for more. I became a regular at the coffee bar office. The last straw was buying my own Mr. Coffee for the apartment so that he could enjoy the weekend.
It’s not like every addiction begins? First at a glance, then a smell, then a sip at a time. Once I knew I could not make it through a day without a cup of java, I determined to cut. That did not work. So I stopped cold turkey. The effects were like a drug addict going through DT.
- pains massive head
- uncontrollable nervousness
- bloodshot eyes
- Inability to crawl out of bed
Then I was free, until I met my mother-in-law. Another trapped in the clutches of this legal lethal substance, it is a secret one and oh, so sweet. How could I resist your urges to have only a cup. Before you could say Jack Robinson was falling off the wagon.
This roller coaster of caffeine addiction lasted for years before finally overcame that, for good. But now, 20 years later, I’m finding that not only is more readily available, which is great. It is expected, and is downright in-your-face.
I think honestly that if caffeine sold in small vials in dark alleys, stairwells, or truck stop wardrobe rooms, it would be illegal. But is not; and what it is not. And I did not realize the fear that had become until I found “energy shots” in the car my son.
Several drugs should not be taken while consumption of caffeine. Some are:
- Antibiotics like ciprofloxacin and norfloxacin.
- Bronchodilators such as theophylline
- Herbs such as echinacea
- And some counter preparations, such as Excedrin, and contain caffeine. So if you are getting more into your system making you think.
So what’s the problem?
Perhaps you feel you manage your caffeine addiction very well and prefers to butt out of your business. But I’ll give you a couple of things to think about, and then decide.
- A article MayoClinic.com reports in “Data from studies of women’s health two large, long-term suggest a connection between high caffeine consumption and precancerous lesions in the breast or high-risk. ” If I were a woman with breast pain, cystic, I’d reevaluate my caffeine intake.
- The amount of caffeine in 2-3 cups of coffee can significantly raise blood pressure.
- Caffeine affects the action of insulin. If you have type 2 diabetes, and the fight to keep blood sugar under control, you should limit your caffeine intake.
- Caffeine can interfere with sleep patterns and sleep disorders. If you work in a field that requires a good night’s sleep, have young children who wake up at night, or are in the time of life that evades sleep, eliminate caffeine from your diet you are in order.
- suffer from irregular or rapid heartbeat? Caffeine is known to aggravate symptoms.
- Caffeine, coffee, in particular, should aggravate stomach problems. If you suffer from indigestion or heartburn, have a peptic ulcer or irritable bowel syndrome, or any other non-ulcer stomach pain, you should greatly limit or eliminate coffee consumption.
finally abandoned for good coffee, because it caused extreme pain in the stomach. If coffee upsets your stomach, too, next week will share a way to prepare not only reduce their caffeine content, but also reduce stomach-acid burning.
And you? Share your struggles with caffeine in the comments section.
Photo by Doug88888
This article was originally published on http://naturalhealthezine.com/caffeine-effects/