According to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention 26 million Americans have diabetes . They also predict that if current trends continue, 1 in 3 Americans have diabetes in 2050 . In light of these staggering statistics, I would like to share five surefire ways to help reduce sugar for those who feel they have tried everything.
A friend recently went for his annual checkup with your doctor. His sugar was borderline. In question, he asked the doctor if he had to go on a special diet. “No. Just lose 20 pounds and you’ll be fine,” said the doctor.
What this means for you, drop the excess weight you carry everything and I do not mean the big bag on his shoulder. Being overweight prevents your body from making and using insulin properly. Having a body mass index (BMI) greater than 25 is set at a much higher risk of type 2 diabetes lighter friends. To calculate your BMI, use the National Institutes of Health Calculator .
Physical activity helps improve your body’s use of insulin, thus controlling glucose levels in the blood. Most Americans lead a sedentary life, which puts them at risk of diabetes. If you work a sedentary job, moderate exercise, such as brisk walking, mowing the lawn, cycling, swimming or at least 30 minutes five times a week, which will greatly reduce the risk. It is also important to do some physical activity every day. Best 10 minutes of exercise every day, an hour once a week. Physical activity not only helps control the level of glucose in the blood, but also helps you lose weight and lower blood pressure.
elderly, or anyone with pre-existing problems of health, should consult their doctor before starting a regular exercise program. However, they should not hesitate to-back just around the block, park at the end of a parking lot, or pulling weeds in the flower bed movement.
Cigarette smoking not only increases the risk of diabetes, the activity brings a huge boatload of problems. Quitting smoking makes sense, no matter what physical condition you are. If you sincerely want to stop and need help, ask your doctor. You can prescribe medications to help let nicotine. Or at least you can test patches over-the-counter market. Just do it.
Making dietary changes
Stop Cokes and Snickers bars is not enough to deal with something like diabetes. If you want to see some real changes, consider the following:
- Eat your food as close as possible to the way God made it possible. That means that instead of eating apple pie, eat applesauce; and instead of eating applesauce, eat an apple.
- Eat small meals with some sort of protein throughout the day. Choose beans, peas, nuts and protein sources like more meat and dairy products.
- Eat the rainbow. That means white (sugar, flour, pasta and rice) is out.
- add plenty of whole grains to your diet of brown rice, old-fashioned oats, products and whole wheat bread.
- Discover a wide variety of fruits and vegetables and eat them freely. Spend routine banana and potato. French fries do not count as a vegetable.
- Stop eating fast food out especially. Just do not do it.
- Waiver boxes. Cook foods from scratch. You never know, causing an increase in the level of blood sugar could be additives in the food box factory I had for dinner last night.
try some supplements
Dr. Andrew Weil, founder of the integrative approach to medicine, recommends four different supplements for people with type 2 diabetes:
- chromium improves glucose tolerance of a person and works to balance sugar levels in the blood. Take 1000 mcg of GTF (factor glucose tolerance) chromium daily.
- Alpha-lipoic acid is an antioxidant that improves glucose absorption body. It also helps promote and maintain the health of the eyes and nerves. Starting with 100 mg daily.
- Magnesium helps promote healthy insulin production. Four hundred milligrams per day is recommended.
- Coenzyme Q10 is an antioxidant that keeps a healthy heart function. Since diabetics are prone to heart disease, take 60-100 mg with a meal.
Several herbalists also recommend the use of cinnamon diabetes. Studies have shown that to improve body use insulin. You can buy this spice communal kitchen in capsule form for this reason. However, care must be taken if the combination of cinnamon with other supplements that lower blood sugar, such as chromic acid and alpha-lipoic acid. In addition, those with liver damage caution should be used with large amounts of cinnamon as it can increase liver problems. Taking cinnamon with drugs that affect the liver (such as paracetamol) may increase your risk. If you take any medications, consult your doctor before taking any alternative treatment.
This article was originally published on http://naturalhealthezine.com/five-ways-to-lower-blood-sugar-naturally/