A disturbing story that spread like wildfire on the Internet was recently published on the website of CNN.
After being given different medical treatments for chronic headache for a year, all of which yielded no results, a British man underwent an MRI, only to be diagnosed with tapeworm be within their brain tissue. The doctors were in complete disbelief, especially after confirming that the tapeworm may have been living there for four years.
The man was diagnosed with sparganosis, a parasitic infection caused by tapeworms Spirometra erinaceieuropaei.
in the words of Dr. Effrossyni Gkrania-Klotsas for CNN “ He had moved from one side of the brain to the other … very few things are moving in the brain .”
Because there is no therapy that can effectively treat the infection, the only way doctors were able to treat worm was surgically removed.
infection caused by Spirometra Erinaceieuropaei is prevalent in cats and dogs, where the worm can reach a length of 1.5 meters frightening.
eat this common food can give you worms BRAIN
humans can become infected with worms in several ways, one of which includes eating pork. The species found in pork, known as pork tapeworm, infect humans in two ways:
- when pigs infected meat that has not been properly cooked is consumed; this results teniasis – A thriving adult worm in the intestines of pigs that can affect human brain, and
- as larvae through contact with feces from infected human or a pig; this can infect a number of tissues in the human body.
If the larvae enter the nervous system, infection can result in neurocysticercosis, a serious brain infection. If the worm invades the brain, the infection can even cause epilepsy.
According to the World Health Organization, nearly one third of epilepsy cases in countries where the infection is common are the people who have previously been infected with neurocysticercosis.