sauerkraut also known as the sauerkraut and this vegetable is extremely powerful and highly beneficial to your health.
If you have digestive problems, a cardiovascular condition or is still in the early stages of cancer, sauerkraut is a must in your diet plan.
Health Benefits of Sauerkraut:
1. Enriched with Vitamin C:
sauerkraut it was a vegetable that was common on ships in the old days.
The reason why these ships were filled with sauerkraut was because scurvy was a major concern at the time, this disease is caused by a deficiency in vitamin C, which is rich in sauerkraut.
2. Did you know that sauerkraut is a probiotic?
Acidification of sauerkraut makes naturally ferments which in turn produces “friendly” bacteria to the digestive system is so reliable probiotic.
should eat sauerkraut after a regimen of antibiotics, as these drugs kill bad bacteria, as well as the friendly and well by eating sauerkraut will replace bacteria healthy and beneficial in the intestinal tract.
3. Sauerkraut is effective against cancer:
Now it is a proven fact that this vegetable can help prevent the development of cancer.
The reason behind this is the three ingredients found in it and these include;
- glucosinolates :. This will help your body’s natural antioxidant enzymes trigger
- Flavonoids :. This compound will help ensure that the arteries are not collapsed or damaged
- isothiocyanate :. This compound has very potent anti-cancer properties and sauerkraut is rich in it
4. Improving cardiovascular fitness:
fibers sauerkraut is very beneficial to the heart and brain.
also help your digestive system and curb any constipation problem that may arise.
The fibers are also beneficial to the body as follows;
- can help slow atherosclerosis
- shall regulate bad (LDL) cholesterol levels
- it will improve your cardiovascular fitness and reduce the risk of stroke or heart attack
5. Improve your bone health with sauerkraut:
sauerkraut is rich in vitamin K, which helps maintain strong bones and healthy teeth and prevents the syndrome of fragile bones or osteoporosis.
Vitamin K regulates the generation of proteins that provides the bones with minerals needed for good health.
Other sources linked in the article of the family goals lifetime:
Photo Source: familylifegoals.com
Photo & Article Credit : http://www.healthyfoodstar.com/why-homemade-sauerkraut-could-be-your-secret-weapon-against-fat-cancer-and-heart-disease/