Canker sore or ulcer disease is a type of ulcer on the inside of the mouth, tongue, lips or cheeks. This can happen several times a year and for people of any age group. In general, women and teenagers are more prone to this type of ulcer. Unlike cold sores from spreading it to others. The cause of canker sore is unknown but presumably can be caused due to tissue injury, bacterial infection, food allergies or trauma to the mouth. afta complex can also be caused due to imbalances in the immune system, iron deficiency , nutritional problems or gastrointestinal diseases. There is no such obvious symptoms of the disease but you may notice itching or burning sensation in the mouth or red and yellow crater. You can get rid of these sores effectively with some home remedies that do not require medication. Here we have prepared a list of several simple natural remedies that can help with the pain. Check them out.
home remedies for treating canker sore
nail is known to treat pain for a long time, especially pain mouth. The compound eugenol is responsible for his analgesic properties . You can use the nail in several ways:
- put a piece of clove in the mouth to get relief from pain caused by canker sore.
- You can mix clove oil with other essential oils such as coconut oil, olive oil or almond oil in about 1 to 20 parts of relationship and apply it on the canker sore with a cotton swab or balls cotton after swishing the mouth with warm water. Do this two or three times a day.
- Apply a little toothpaste over the affected area twice a day. To do this, mix powdered cloves with olive oil enough to cover their pain amount.
- Alternatively, you can make a tea and add a few teeth in it to drink once a day.
Note: The best oil for use with Clove oil is coconut oil because it has some effects against bacterial function
. 2. honey
the honey provides relief from itching and burning sensation caused due to canker sore. It is anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial in nature. All you need to do is:
- Apply a tablespoon. raw honey on the infected area twice or three times a day to get rid of canker sore fast.
- Combine ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder to a teaspoon of honey and make a fine paste. Apply this paste on the sore and wait for some time. Gargle with warm water and repeat twice a day.
- Or you can mix a little honey with ginger paste to get rid of ulcers effectively.
- Add 2 tablespoons honey 1 / 4th cup of coconut milk and a piece of cotton, gently rub this mixture on pain of two or three times a day.
Do not eat spicy food when they are suffering from canker sore, but, unlike others of this pepper is useful in the treatment of infection. A compound capsaicin in the pepper is responsible for its medicinal properties. Some methods to consume to treat ulcers are:
- Make a paste by adding a little water to the fresh pepper and mix. Apply a layer of this paste on the ulcers and let stand. It may cause some discomfort for some time, but is fine. Reapply this 2-3 times a day.
- You can eat some sweets using cayenne pepper as one of its main ingredients.
- can also add a teaspoon each of myrrh powder, cayenne pepper, and goldenseal powder in a cup of water and rinse your mouth with it.
. Note: can be harmful to children under 2 years of age and high doses of longer duration can be harmful
Yogurt it is natural cooling agent and helps balance the bacteria in the mouth that causes canker sore. It is made by bacterial fermentation, ie, the use of yeast or bacteria to convert carbohydrates into organic acids. Include plain yogurt with live cultures (confirm that it contains live cultures before buying and be sure to buy a plain one unflavoured) in your diet as much as possible.
5. Salt water
Gargling with salt water helps to reduce swelling and inflammation of the cells in the mucous membrane in the back of the throat caused by thrush. To do this, take ¼ cup of hot water and for this, add ½ tablespoon of salt. Swish your mouth with this at least three times a day to get relief from pain and swelling. This method will also help get rid of canker sores on the tongue.
This method does not heal the wound, but will prevent it from spreading and also provide relief. If your ulcer is in the position in which keeps rubbing with teeth or supports then prepare a mixture with beeswax and coconut oil. Just melt 1 tablespoon beeswax 2 tablespoons coconut oil. Apply this gently on the infected after cooling area. You can also apply this in braces to avoid contact and harm your ulcer.
Note: Make a thick paste if you’re using the brakes. To this add more beeswax to the mixture.
Raisins are not only tasty but very healthy. All you need to do is soak a handful of raisins in a cup of water overnight. The next morning, these raisins in the affected area or you can eat by draining the water and in some cases, you can drink the water also apply. Do this regularly to cure canker sores.
8. Sodium Bicarbonate
Sodium bicarbonate or Sodium bicarbonate neutralizes acidity in the mouth and also balances the pH level of the mouth. Relieves pain caused by canker sores. It also has anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial properties that kill the bacteria that causes the ulcer. To cure the ulcer, baking soda can be used as follows:
- Make a paste by adding water to sodium bicarbonate and apply directly on the affected area of the mouth using a swab cotton or finger. Let it sit for a while and wash thoroughly later. Do this at least once every day.
- can directly apply the powder on the affected area and wash off after 5 minutes.
- Else, to prepare a mouthwash, just mix 1 teaspoon of baking soda to a glass of warm water and rinse your mouth with this. This can be done once a day.
- baking soda can also be used with salt. To do this, take the same amount of salt, hydrogen peroxide and sodium bicarbonate. Wash your mouth with this solution 5 times a day.
- You can clean the mouth with aloe juice and apply baking soda after. Repeat 2 times a day.
9. Hydrogen peroxide
Hydrogen peroxide balances the level of good bacteria in the mouth and prevent future cold sores. It is a disinfectant and an antiseptic therefore reduces swelling and inflammation caused by ulcer. As is antibacterial so it also heals canker sores. It can be used in several ways:
- Take the desired amount of hydrogen peroxide and diluted with an equal amount of water. You can also use milk of magnesia, if desired. Use a cotton ball or a cotton swab and apply this mixture on the infected areas of the mouth.
- To prepare a mouthwash, add 1 tablespoon of hydrogen peroxide at a glass of water or can also be used directly. Rinse your mouth with the prepared solution. Swish for 2 minutes and spit out later. You can do this two or three times a day.
- Or, the mixture of hydrogen peroxide and water in the ratio of 1: 1. To do this, add 1 or 2 pills of zinc and stirred until dissolved. Use the mixture 2-3 times daily to gargle.
. Note: If you rinse your mouth undiluted liquid, make sure you do not swallow
10. Vitamin E
To maintain tissues mouth and oiling to relieve the burning sensation caused by thrush, you can apply vitamin E oil this just cut a vitamin E capsule and squeeze the liquid. Apply to the affected areas. It will create a protective layer on the infection and prevent its spread and thus help heal quickly.
11. Vitamin B-12
Thrush can be caused due to deficiency of vitamin B-12 as well. This deficiency is usually common in children, but can be found in adults as well.
- Like vitamin E, vitamin B-12 of the capsule can be applied directly to the infected areas of the mouth.
- Alternatively, you can take vitamin B-12 capsules a day.
Caution :. Consume capsules only after consulting a doctor only when this vitamin deficiency is the reason behind your pain
12. Sachet of black tea
Black tea contains tannins, which is astringent in nature and therefore reduces inflammation caused by canker. Also catalyses the healing process.
- All you need to do is put a tea bag in hot water for some time and then take it off to put it on the sore for 15 to 20 minutes. Do this 2-3 times a day for faster healing.
- can also prepare black tea brewing 1 teaspoon of black tea in a cup of hot water for some time. This tea drink 2 to 3 times a day.
13. The milk of magnesia
Milk of magnesia is useful because it has antacid acidic environment counteracts the reducing operation of the bacteria causing pain.
- milk can be applied directly to the canker sore. Do this two or three times a day.
- Moreover, add the same amount of milk of magnesia and Benadryl allergy liquid. Rinse your mouth with this. Sweep of at least a minute or two and spat. This will speed up the healing process and form a protective layer that prevents irritation caused by hot, cold or spicy foods.
. Note: Make sure not to swallow the liquid
to get rid of canker can also use the cilantro. It is anti-inflammatory, antiseptic and anti-fungal in nature and can be treated effectively relieve canker sores.
- to make a paste, you will need 1/4 teaspoon coriander powder 1 teaspoon honey (optional but recommended) and 1 teaspoon of milk. Apply this mixture on your ulcers after washing them thoroughly with warm water. Leave it there for 5 to 10 minutes and wash with warm water after that.
- you can also boil some coriander leaves or seeds in a little water and rinse your mouth with her 3-4 times a day.
- Another method is to take coriander juice orally by drinking and keep it in the mouth for a few moments so you can show your magic ulcers in a better way.
This is another wonderful ingredient that helps cure canker sore. Onions contain sulfur antibacterial properties and is the main reason behind its healing properties.
- may be applied to a slice of onion on the affected parts of the mouth for 15-20 minutes. Repeat two or three times a day.
- Alternatively, grate the onion and squeeze to extract the juice. Apply this juice on the infected areas of the mouth.
- Add raw onions in their diet and leave for some time in the mouth to heal ulcers internally.
This is one of the effective remedies for thrush. Just take a piece of alum and rub gently on affected areas with canker.
- Take a pea-sized alum and keep it in the mouth for a minute and not swallow the saliva. After a minute spit saliva and alum. mouth with water Do not rinse. Within 24 hours, the pain will disappear.
- may also make a paste by adding a drop of water to 1/8 teaspoon powdered alum in a cup. Apply directly to the canker sore. Rinse thoroughly after a minute or two.
17. Coconut oil pulling
Coconut oil is anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial and therefore beneficial to ease the pain of canker sores . Oil pulling method not only cures but also prevents canker sores and removes all toxins and bacteria from the mouth.
- For oil traction, Swish some coconut oil in his mouth for 15-20 minutes (initially for 2-3 minutes) and then spit into a dustbin. To do so, oil pulling twice a day, every day for best results.
- Alternatively, if you do not feel comfortable with the traction method only applies a little oil on a cotton ball and place it on the canker sore. Do this two or three times a day to cure effectively.
18. The apple cider vinegar
Apple or ACV is another effective remedy for sore gums and mouth. The acidic nature of vinegar is responsible for killing the bacteria that cause this pain. This can be a little hard on the application but is quick fix for pain.
- Simply apply apple cider vinegar to your canker sore mouth, tongue, lips, and whenever you have ulcers. Do this three or four times a day. Repeat daily until noticeable changes.
- Or, mix 2 tablespoons of aloe vera juice and 1 tablespoon of ACV. Rinse with this mixture by swishing inside your mouth for a couple of minutes. Use cold water after this to clean the mouth and to remove the unpleasant taste of the mixture.
- Alternatively, you can mix equal parts of ACV and processed, chilled black tea in a bowl and stir well. Swish the mixture in the mouth for about 1-2 minutes and then spit it out. You can try this remedy before and after breakfast and dinner and could refrigerate up to 48 hours mixing.
papaya contains papain and is a rich source of beta-carotene. Therefore, not only it reduces inflammation but treats pain effectively. All you need do is add fresh papaya to your meals. Eat at least one container filled with papaya a day. Alternatively, you can chew on some papaya leaves as well.
Caution :. Pregnant women should not consume papaya
Turmeric has been used for centuries to treat numerous ailments and diseases. It has a lot of anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, antibacterial properties. It is also effective in treating cold sores and its symptoms.
- For this remedy, the ingredients that you need includes: lemon juice, turmeric and rosewater. First, take a few pieces of turmeric in lemon juice for a day. The next day, take a piece of it and mixed with rosewater to make a paste. Apply this paste on the infected areas of the mouth, tongue and lips. Let it stay there for some time and wash it later.
21. Prune juice
For the treatment of ulcers of the mouth and tongue, you can use prune juice. This will help reduce swelling, pain and redness of the sores.
- Take 1-2 tablespoons of juice and mouth swishing it for at least 2 minutes a day.
- Alternatively, soak a cotton swab or cotton in the juice, which are applied directly to the affected area for 5 minutes after washing the area with warm water.
This is one of the best home remedies to get rid of canker sore fast. Grapefruit contains essential bioflavonoids and anti-bacterial properties that can cure canker rapid real pain.
- For this remedy to work, need grapefruit juice and water. Mix 5-6 drops of grapefruit juice with a little water and gargle with this mixture at least once or twice a day.
- Or, you can mix 1 tablespoon of grapefruit seed extract in a glass of water to rinse your mouth.
- Alternatively you can mix 1 tablespoon of grapefruit seed extract in a glass of water. Use this water for rinsing the mouth 3 times a day.
This is the simplest and easiest way to heal the wound. All you need to do is put a piece of ice on the sore and rub gently. This will not only reduce inflammation but also reduce pain. Repeat this several times a day, every day until you see visible results.
24. Indian gooseberry
Canker sores may result from deficiency of certain vitamins and minerals from the body. Some remedies are presented to overcome the problem using this ingredient:
- for pain relief, prepare a paste by crushing some gooseberries and apply the paste directly on the affected areas. Repeat twice a day for best results.
- Or, you can use dried gooseberry powder 1-2 teaspoons and add 1 teaspoon of honey to it to make a thin paste. Apply this paste in the same manner as mentioned above.
- In addition to the above resources, can also drink juice gooseberry to enhance immunity and therefore treat canker sore.
25. rich in vitamin C and iron Food
Consuming foods rich in vitamin C helps with the problem of canker sore. This vitamin repair the mucous membrane and helps rebuild the skin around the ulcer. Incorporate vegetables and fruits that are high in this vitamin such as oranges, tomatoes, kiwis, strawberries, lemon, etc., in your diet to heal quickly.
Buttermilk is slightly acidic in nature so it is useful in the canker sore. This acidic property helps reduce pain caused by pain.
- Apply the serum of normal milk (unflavoured) over the affected area twice or three times a day to cure the pain.
- one by mixing the same amount of whey and herb paste harir solution is prepared. Gargle with this solution for quick relief.
Cucumber is known to provide a soothing and calming effect on various skin infections and diseases due to its high water content . In addition to high water content, the essential compounds in cucumber helps cure faster wound. It is very beneficial for ulcers of the tongue. Just crush some cucumber properly to strain the juice and apply it on the affected part. Repeat this several times a day for effective results.
cardamom helps reduce swelling and eliminate pain caused due to canker. For relief, mix well 1 teaspoon cardamom extract with 1/2 teaspoon of honey. Massage gently with this solution using a cotton swab and leave for a couple of minutes. Wash immediately after some time with normal water. Repeat this process twice or three times a day to obtain satisfactory results.
Herbal Remedies canker sore
29. Slippery elm
American Olmo consists of mucilage which forms a gel-like consistency when mixed with water . It is effective for the treatment of cold sores, providing relief from inflammation and pain.
- All you need to do is take 1 teaspoon of slippery elm bark and add enough water to form a paste. Shake well and apply this to the affected area.
- Or you can suck some slippery elm lozenges to get rid of these sores faster.
- Alternatively, you can also rinse your mouth with tea prepared with this powder. Just add 1 teaspoon of this powder to a cup of water and gargle or you can drink too.
. Note: Pregnant women should strictly avoid because it could cause an abortion or Miscarriage
30. Cactus Juice
cactus juice is Ulcer mouth by dehydrating and finally reducing the ulcer. Drying has an effect on the ulcer. All you need to do is let the juice in the mouth for at least 20 seconds. Repeat the process twice a day for at least 3 days rid of ulcers completely .
31. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera is another effective for sore lips and mouth canker remedy. It is wonderful ingredient healing and cure not only pain, but also alleviates the pain caused due to it.
- Just take a fresh aloe leaf and take the gel out of it. Apply directly to the affected area. Repeat this several times a day to get relief.
- Alternatively, mouth aloe juice 2 or 3 times a day.
32. Basil leaves
basil leaves have a lot of medicinal properties that are useful in various mouth sores.
- For the treatment of canker sores, chew 3-4 basil leaves at once, at least three times and 6 times a day.
- Moreover, preparing a mouthwash to kill germs by adding some basil leaves in a glass of water and boil. Use this solution to rinse the mouth after straining.
Liquorice is a root of glychyrrhiza glabra that has anti-inflammatory properties. Because of this property, which relieves pain and reduces swelling.
- can suck a stick of licorice root regularly to get relief from canker sores.
- Take a little licorice root extract and apply this directly on the ulcer and let it sit for a while. Wash later. Do this two or three times a day and ulcer size was reduced and promote rapid healing.
- Alternatively, you can also prepare a mouthwash. For this soak 1 tablespoon of licorice root in 2 cups water for at least 3 hours. Drain and rinse well with swishing for 1-2 minutes. Do this twice a day to get relief from sore.
- In addition, drink at least one cup of licorice tea per day. For as a tea bag of licorice tea in a cup of boiling water and allowed to stand covered for 10 minutes, then drink.
. Note: Overdosing is harmful and pregnant or nursing mothers should avoid using
34. India Lila
This plant has been used for centuries to treat of various infections and diseases. It is an antibacterial antifungal and wonderful plant and is effective in treating cold sores. It can be used in several ways.
- Take handful of leaves of lilac and boil them in water. When it boils, the water seeps and let cool. Gargle with this water after every meal.
- Alternatively, you can eat some leaves of this plant once a day to kill bacteria in the mouth.
. Note: As the flavor of the leaves are extremely bitter, use a mouthwash to rinse your mouth after
The fenugreek is another effective ingredient that helps cure the ulcer. For the remedy:
- Soak some fenugreek seeds in water overnight. Mix until a smooth paste the next day with pure honey. Apply this paste on the sore lips, tongue and mouth to reduce infections and heal faster.
- Alternatively, you can boil some fenugreek seeds and mouth with boiled water for 5 minutes. You can also drink water if desired.
- You can also include in your diet fenugreek adding it to your vegetables.
- Or, if fresh fenugreek leaves are available, then prepare a boiling extract a handful of fenugreek leaves in a glass of water. Use this extract at least twice daily to gargle.
. Note: Pregnant women should not exceed more than consumption in foods
is a wonderful herb that kills bacteria and viruses that are responsible for disease and symptoms related to it. The property soothing herb cure pain and inflammation greatly.
- Take a handful of leaves fresh sage or if not available, take 3 teaspoons dried sage leaves. Add 2 cups of water. Boil for 10-15 minutes and let cool. Swish your mouth with this for 2 minutes at least. Do this 3-4 times a day.
- Or otherwise apply powdered sage directly on the sore or you can make a paste by mixing it with water. Apply the paste directly on the ulcer on the tongue, mouth or lips. Repeat several times a day for effective results.
50 Natural home remedies for treating canker sores , article source: http://www.homeremedyhacks.com/50-natural-home-remedies-treating-canker-sores/