Health benefits and uses of dragon fruit ;
Dragon fruit belongs to the cactus family and is also known as pitaya sweet . The fruit is most commonly available in different parts of Asia such as Thailand, Vietnam, Philippines and Taiwan. With the increasing popularity, it is now also available in South America also.
The dragon fruit has a skin sheet is dark pink and the flesh of the fruit is white.
Dragon fruit comes in three varieties of white meat, yellow, and red meat. The meat is full of black seeds that are slightly sweet in taste. However, the most consumed variety from the three is the red dragon fruit flesh because it is the most delicious of all three.
In addition to its delicious taste, there are many health benefits and uses of dragon fruit.
But before exploring the multiple health benefits of dragon fruit first will gain some knowledge about the nutritional content of fruit. The fruit is packed with various nutrients and vitamins that help in the treatment of various health problems.
Nutritional value of dragon fruit
- thiamine (vitamin B1)
- riboflavin (vitamin B2)
- niacin (vitamin B3)
- vitamin A
- vitamin C
- Omega 3 fatty acids
- Omega 6 fatty acids
now that you are well versed in the high nutritional content of dragon fruit we now discover the different health problems that fruit is able to treat and how use this fruit to get maximum health benefits.
Health benefits of dragon fruit
dragon fruit is a great natural source of some minerals and beneficial vitamins incredible health. The rich nutritional value present in the dragon fruit makes it the best fruit to treat and prevent various health problems and beauty.
Let’s discover some unknown and some health problems popular dragon fruit is very capable of treating and preventing from.
1. dragon fruit to lower cholesterol
This is one of the major health benefits and uses of dragon fruit as cholesterol is considered a major health problem which can lead to several other serious health problems.
There is a difference between good fats and bad fats. The good fat in the body helps in the treatment of a particular sound issue while the presence of bad fat in the body can lead to cholesterol.
Dragon fruit is full of omega 3 and omega-6 fatty acids and polyunsaturated fats. These are considered good fats for the body as they help lower cholesterol.
So next is diagnosed cholesterol simply grab a dragon fruit and enjoy the health benefits of it. One can easily consume a dragon fruit in raw form on a daily basis to build good fats in the body and ultimately lower cholesterol naturally.
2. Dragon fruit for Cancer Prevention
Dragon Fruit is a delicious natural source of vitamin C and carotene. The carotene present in the fruit is packed with anti-cancer properties that help in reducing the risk of cancer and tumors.
This lycopene dragon fruit is the main compound which forms the red dragon fruit and this is also known to reduce prostate cancer.
Several medical studies have shown that regular consumption of dragon fruit has resulted in reducing the risk of cancer cells in the body.
So the most natural way of preventing cancer or tumors is following a diet that includes an adequate intake of dragon fruit on a daily basis.
3. Dragon fruit for the prevention and cure of diabetes
Dragon fruit is loaded with fiber and this makes perfect fruit to reduce the symptoms of diabetes in diabetic patients.
The intake of the necessary amount of fiber in a newspaper aids in stabilizing sugar levels in diabetics and also helps in inhibiting sugar spikes in patients.
The dragon fruit consumption also has a great effect on oxidative stress in diabetic patients. Many diabetics health specialists recommend regular consumption of dragon fruits for diabetic patients to reduce the various signs of diabetes.
4. Dragon fruit by strengthening the immune system
body’s defense system known as the immune system. This helps in protecting the body against infection and disease. According to several studies, high intake of vitamin C in the diet helps boost the body’s immune system.
dragon fruit is considered one of the richest natural sources of vitamin C that can help in boosting the immune system.
Regular consumption of dragon fruit also known to increase the activity of antioxidants in our body. The better the dragon fruit consumption the best and healthiest body acts against bacteria that cause disease.
stimulation of immunity is also known as one of the best health benefits and uses of dragon fruit.
5. dragon fruit benefits for cardiovascular health
The reduced levels of bad cholesterol in the body is probably the easiest and fastest way to improve heart health .
This is exactly what a regular consumption of dragon fruit does in the body. Dragon fruit is also a great source of monounsaturated fats as this helps in improving the overall health of the heart.
According to various types of food of the research on dragon fruit has been shown that a high intake of dragon fruits can reduce the risk of developing heart disease such as stroke and heart attacks, as well as improving overall heart health.
Dragon fruit reduces levels of bad cholesterol in the body and increases levels of good cholesterol in the body and this ultimately results in balancing sugar levels in the blood, as well as improving cardiovascular health at a high level.
6. Dragon Fruit Healthy Bones and teeth
dragon fruit is a rich natural source of phosphorus and calcium. These qualities in foods help strengthen bones and teeth.
According to several medical studies have shown that regular consumption of dragon fruit also reduces risk and symptoms of osteoporosis.
Dragon fruit also helps to increase bone mass in the teeth as a result stronger teeth naturally.
7. Dragon fruit for digestion
stomach ailments like constipation can be quite problematic to treat. This is when health specialists suggest increasing fiber intake.
Although there are many health supplements available on the market that pretends to be rich in fiber, but the best way to cure stomach ailments is with the help of natural foods.
Digestion is a common health problem and ideal for improving digestion, by opting for the dragon fruit way.
dragon fruit is an excellent natural source of fiber that helps in improving bowel movements and reduces the risk of constipation or other intestinal disorder.
8. Dragon fruit to increase the body’s metabolic rate
Proteins play a crucial role in promoting metabolic rate of our body and this ultimately accelerates weight loss procedure .
When it comes to search protein rich foods most of us often look up to poultry or dairy foods.
But the fact is that there are many fruits and vegetables that are rich in protein content and such fruit is the dragon fruit.
Dragon fruit contains the required amount of protein that can easily increase your metabolic rate and help you lose weight faster.
So the next time you are looking for protein-rich foods ensures dragon fruit to add to your list as it also helps in repairing cells and tissues after training.
9. Dragon Fruit Smoothie
This dragon fruit smoothie contains many health benefits and is packed with vitamins and minerals.
Bananas in this smoothie adds much needed protein content.
Dragon fruit provides protein, dietary fiber and vitamin C content in this smoothie.
Ginger is packed with antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce inflammation and reduce the risk of infection.
Lemon juice is a natural source of vitamin C also helps to maintain overall health.
The things we need
- Dragon Fruit Pulp – 1 Glass
- Banana – 1 slice
- Paste ginger – 1 teaspoon
- lemon juice – 1 teaspoon
- Coconut Water – 1 Glass
- serving glass
- Take a blender jar and add this in the dragon fruit pulp, chopped banana, coconut water, lemon juice and ginger paste.
- Blend this well for about 2-3 minutes or until all ingredients are well combined.
- Now transfer this batter into a glass serving and serve cold.
- This smoothie is an excellent source of dietary fiber, protein and vitamin C.
- This shake can be consumed either as an alternative breakfast or afternoon snack as an alternative healthy night.
10. Dragon fruit for anti-fungal and anti-bacterial
benefits Whether infections of the skin or the accumulation of toxins in the body rich foods antifungal properties act as a natural remedy.
Dragon fruit contains a high amount of antifungal and antibacterial properties. This helps in increasing white blood cell count in the body and ultimately protects the body from toxins and infections.
Dragon fruit also stimulates cell regeneration process that acts as a preventative measure as well as a natural remedy for wounds or infections in the body.
This certainly can be considered one of the best health benefits and more unusual and uses of dragon fruit.
Regular consumption of a cup of dragon fruit pulp is recommended to protect the body against fungal infections and the accumulation of toxins in the body.
11. Dragon fruit for chemically treated hair
Dragon fruit contains a good amount of protein, omega 3 and omega 6.
Presence the necessary amount of good fatty acids and proteins helps improve the health of hair and strengthens the hair follicles from the root to the tip.
Hair coloring or chemical hair treatments can damage hair and make them brittle. They can also cause excessive hair loss and thinning hair.
Regular consumption or regular application of dragon fruit makes hair grow strong, thick and shiny naturally. It also reduces hair loss by improving collagen production in the body which is very important for healthy hair growth.
The things we need
- Dragon Fruit Pulp – 1 Glass
- shower caps
- first add pulp dragon fruit in a blender jar.
- Blend for about 2-3 minutes or until juice is formed like consistency.
- Now apply this dragon fruit juice all over the scalp to the tips of your hair.
- cover your head with a shower cap.
- Leave on for about 15-20 minutes.
- Later Wash hair with regular shampoo and towel dry hair.
- This process to nourish your hair chemically treated can be repeated twice in a week.
- This remedy helps reduce hair loss, stimulates the growth of healthy hair and adds natural shine.
12. Dragon fruit tanned skin by
Apart from the many health benefits and uses of dragon fruit is also widely used for treating various problems of the skin.
Sunburn is one of the most common concerns and yet complicated skin.
Although there are many products for skin care readily available on the market that claim to help with sunburn, but the results are very satisfactory.
So the other better and natural alternative is to try a little dragon fruit to cure and treat sunburn.
Yeah that sounds so crazy for dragon fruit can actually help in healing sunburn, as it is full of vitamin C.
anti-inflammatory properties and
13. Dragon Fruit Juice and cucumber remedy
cucumber in this remedy is another natural ingredient that helps to reduce inflammation in the skin and soothes the bruised skin.
Honey in this remedy is known for its soothing properties of the skin and can be very useful in the treatment of sunburned skin.
The things we need
- Fruit Juice Dragon – 2 tablespoons
- cucumber juice – 2 tablespoons
- honey – 1 tablespoon
- large bowl
- Take a bowl and add the juice of this dragon fruit, cucumber juice and honey.
- Mix this well until all ingredients are well combined.
- Now Apply this on the affected area sunburn and leave for about 10-15 minutes.
- Later, wash your face with cold water and tap dry skin.
- This remedy can be repeated twice a day for 4-5 days or until the burning sensation on the skin has completely disappeared.
14. Dragon fruit for the prevention and cure acne
Dragon fruit contains a high amount of vitamin C, anti fungal and anti bacterial properties.
These properties can become a miracle and natural treatment for acne prevention and cure.
The things we need
- Dragon Fruit Pulp – 2-3 tablespoons
- – cotton balls 3-4
- first wash face with a mild face wash.
- Later Dry your skin.
- Now dip a cotton ball in the pulp of dragon fruit and applied on acne.
- If you have a lot of spots you can on your face, please be sure to use a cotton ball separately on each acne.
- Leave this mask dragon fruit in the affected area for 15-20 minutes.
- Later, wash your face with cold water and gently pat dry skin.
- This process can be repeated 2-3 times a day for 2-3 days or until there are no signs of breakouts or acne skin.
- Regular use of this remedy also helps improve the overall texture of your skin leaving it radiant naturally.
15. Dragon Fruit eye sight
Are you wondering about how you can get a better view just by eating some fruit?
Yes, this is possible!
Dragon fruit contains vitamin A as carotene. Carotene is one of essential nutrients that helps in improving vision and treats age-related concerns of vision, such as night blindness.
Various types of medical research have shown that the main cause of night blindness is Vitamin A deficiency and this is exactly why and how the dragon fruit is the best natural choice for a better view of eye.
Selecting and storing dragon fruit
dragon fruit is a tropical fruit and exotic. It is not readily available worldwide, but there are some things you have to consider in the places where the dragon fruits are available.
- The color outside the dragon fruit needs uniform without any discolouration.
- Always be sure to buy dragon fruit without any brown spots on them.
- Dragon fruit should always be stored in the refrigerator.
- can be stored for 2-3 weeks and need to be consumed before brown spots begin to appear on them.
So now that you are well versed in health benefits and uses of dragon fruit, be sure to include this in your diet every day to get maximum benefits from it .
All aforementioned uses of dragon fruit are completely natural and therefore have no side effects.
But in any case any health problem continues for a period of time even after the use of dragon fruit, then better is advisable to consult a health specialist for the same.
The post Health benefits and uses of dragon fruit appeared first on http://www.1800remedies.com/dragon-fruit/
ps3 dawn of the dragon walkthrough |