How to freeze fresh herbs ;
If you grow your own herbs then you know that there will come a time when you either have to collect and freeze your herbs or risk losing altogether.
freezing the herbs is the easiest way to preserve the harvest, keep the flavor and let you have fresh tasty, nutritious and homegrown ready for use throughout the year herbs.
NOTE: This method works best with herbs such as basil, parsley, chives, mint and dill. For a tutorial on how to freeze woody herbs like rosemary and thyme, check out this tutorial .
how to freeze fresh herbs
1. Rinse your herbs well with cold water. You do not want to be the freezing of any small insects with herbs!
2. Chop the herbs finely using a medialuna or knife.
3. Spoon their chopped herbs in a tray making ice cubes sure they are evenly distributed and packed in pretty well.
4. Carefully fill the ice tray with cold water and place in the freezer for more than 12 hours.
5. Once frozen, pop the ice cubes out of the tray grass and place in a freezer bag tag, label and pop back in the freezer.
6. To use it, simply remove grass ice cubes in soups, stews, sauces or anything you want to add a little flavor.
The post How to freeze fresh herbs appeared first on http://www.naturallivingideas.com/how-to-freeze-fresh-herbs/