Yoga and Pilates are two of the most preferred training techniques followed by people today. Although yoga is an ancient system of training originated in India, Pilates is a modern training technique that swept the world from the UK and the USA .. When it comes to fitness, many are confused about so choose between yoga and Pilates. Here, we provide detailed information on yoga and Pilates to guide you better in choosing the best job for yourself.
Yoga is all about stretching, while Pilates is all about building strength in your body. Both training techniques are used for rejuvenation and relaxation of mind and body. For primary muscle toning and building muscle, Pilates is the most recommended training. Yoga can be practiced to stay healthy, and to alleviate the problems of cardio-vascular and stress. For rapid healing of injuries, yoga works best.
Why are the favorites?
Despite some differences, yoga and Pilates overlap in several ways. Both yoga and Pilates yield long-term results. Both have their own advantages and offer results that are consistent and permanent. Both training methods are safe and have no side effects. Even if a person has to interrupt his classes Pilates / Yoga or due to an injury or for any other reason, the consequences will not be as obvious as in the case when you pause gym workout.
The most important thing in both yoga and Pilates can be practiced at home after attending basic training programs certified trainers. Follow-up sessions for both training methods are simple. One can get yoga or Pilates workout DVDs to update his / her training strategy in the country itself.
Despite all the benefits and advantages if a person is still confused about choosing between the aforementioned yoga and Pilates, then here are some useful ideas.
The main differences between Pilates and Yoga
1. Weight Loss
- Yoga: Yoga is sufficiently effective in weight loss only when combined with other exercises like jogging, running, swimming, etc. This is because yoga does not burn more than 250 calories after working for an hour in a day. Thus, the practice of yoga for about 4 days in a week will help in shedding just 1-2 pounds.
- Pilates: Pilates is really effective when weight loss is your primary goal. Even a novice can throw up to 350-400 calories after doing Pilates for an hour. training method not only for weight loss fat-based, but also to the loss of muscle weight and water weight, Pilates is highly recommended.
2. The strength and muscle tone
- Yoga: When your goal is to increase strength, strength and flexibility, yoga will provide visible and static results. One has to follow yoga at least eight weeks without interruption, to increase the strength by 25%. With increased stretch and practices as hot yoga, muscle toning is also possible.
- Pilates: dominates the new Pilates yoga when it comes to muscle toning and building strength. Many studies have shown that people who practice Pilates for about a month can do more push-ups than those who are practicing yoga. Pilates work directly on the muscles of the body by reducing weight and increasing muscle strength. Thus, more endurance and strength can be achieved with Pilates.
3. The rehabilitation of the injury
- Yoga: For all types of injury rehabilitation , yoga is the best. There are 26 yoga poses exclusively for recovery from injuries. yoga specialized methods are available for treating specific lesions. As the injury heals faster yoga versus Pilates, which is the best for the athletes, athletes and even ordinary people.
- Pilates: Pilates workout is little tedious and cause an increase in muscle tension. Not recommended for the healing of injuries. However, many rehabilitation programs make use of Pilates injuries but are custom crafted and carefully designed by professionals to match age, strength, and medical history of a person.
- Yoga: If you want a flexible body, then nothing works better than yoga . Hot yoga or Bikram yoga which is performed under conditions of heat and humidity can increase blood flow in your body, balance body temperature and also provides maximum flexibility to your body.
- Pilates :. Pilates can only strengthen the muscles, but the flexibility is based on their health, diet and weight
5. Cardio Health
- yoga: yoga improves cardiovascular health of your body when practiced regularly. This causes less stress to the heart and muscles of cardio. Yoga and power yoga and hatha yoga can be practiced regularly to keep your heart in pink.
- Pilates : This exercise also can take care of the health of your heartâ ???? s, but it is not as effective as yoga. However, blood circulation and lung capacity is improved.
If you only need to achieve body strength while keeping fit and well toned, then workout Pilates is the best. To achieve the body’s flexibility, muscular strength, inner peace and to recover from injuries faster, yoga is suggested. You can combine both yoga and Pilates with other workouts, but this must be done only under the supervision of a certified instructor. Yoga can also increase the lifespan of people who follow regularly for over 10 years and no alteration is required in the diet plan of a person. When it comes to costs and fees session, both yoga and Pilates they are affordable.
Can they be combined?
Most fitness centers around the world combine both yoga and Pilates. wellness packages including injury rehabilitation, stress busting, and weight control combine both yoga and Pilates. But is it right? Currently, yes! Yoga is all about stretching and Pilates comes to improving core strength. A combination of yoga and Pilates can do wonders and gives a stress-free mind and body stronger. Both training complement each other and allow one to achieve high levels of physical, mental and spiritual fitness.
Photo & Article Credit : http://www.homeremedyshop.com/pilates-vs-yoga-which-is-the-best/