Uses for Coconut Oil – A Practical List;
You probably know about the many (awesome) health benefits of coconut oil, but can forget about all the ways that can be used, because the list is virtually endless! That is why I have composed a list organized practical applications coconut oil you can put in your bathroom or in the refrigerator for a quick reference.
Why Using coconut oil are so versatile
I love coconut oil because it is great for your body inside and out! There are many uses for coconut oil, I use it for almost everything! It is healthy to eat, cook with it, brush your teeth with it, and put it on the skin. It is very good because of its antimicrobial, antifungal and antiviral properties, and lauric acid containing 50%, a fatty acid medium chain (MCT). These MCT are healthier than long-chain triglycerides (vegetable or seed oils) because they are smaller, easily digested and quickly burned for energy. People living in the tropics have benefited from the healthy properties of coconut oil for many years and studies have shown that these populations have less heart disease, improves longevity and better overall health.
What kind of coconut oil to buy?
There are enough options to choose from coconut oil; However, it is best to get organic coconut oil raw as it is pure, unprocessed, and contains no harmful pesticides. There is also the option to choose refined or unrefined. I prefer unrefined, since it is unprocessed and more abundant in proteins, vitamins and antioxidants. This is coconut oil I use.
Be sure to buy a large jar, because there are many uses for coconut oil! You can also help save money by buying in bulk.
beauty and skin
- makeup eye remover
- eyes Reduces puffiness, bags and wrinkles
- Strengthens eyelashes
- daily moisturizer for face and body : this is one of my favorite uses for coconut oil, apply it to the face every morning as a facial moisturizer.
- smooth wrinkles
- shrink pores
- Reduces dry skin -add few spoonfuls a bathroom
- large oil massage ago
- dry lips -DAB in a couple of times a day
- moisturizes and softens the nose into beneficial, especially if you have allergies, colds or are prone to nosebleeds.
- spots Fades age
- Sunscreen -coconut oil has an SPF of about 8. Read more .
- relieves sunburn -soothes and moisturizes the skin
- acne -Apply to the skin 1 to 2 times a day, antibacterial properties prevent and reduce outbreaks. Read more .
- athlete’s foot, fungal infections – optional -Strawberry with an essential oil
- Cold sores -. Soak in at the first sign and put in the 3x
- Conditioner helps with dry ends
- reduces static
- treat lice -cover hair and scalp with coconut oil, leave several hours
- dander -Rub on the scalp and leave for at least 30 minutes and then shampoo. I can use this and it works great, but it has to be repeated at least once a week.
Mouth and teeth
- Toothpaste preventing -cavity, add baking soda . See here .
- Oil pulling -Daily swish in the mouth 10 min, then spit. Bonus – helps with sore gums
other body parts
- feet and dry elbows
- massage Oil
- warts -Put in at least twice a day for six weeks
- Deodorant -Apply in the armpits, optional add an essential oil and baking soda. See here .
- Razor -Use instead of shaving cream
- Fungal infections , internal and external
- it prevents ingrown toenails -Massage skin and nails every day
- strengthen nails
- preventing stretch marks
- sauteed -Perfect over medium heat
- used instead of vegetable oils in recipes such as; bagels, bread, etc.
- leaves cooking grease , bakeware
- energy booster -Take a daily teaspoon
- the metabolism booster -1-2 tablespoons per day
- Improve the immune system -1-2 tablespoons per day
- stabilizes sugar levels in the blood , it reduces anxiety in diabetics.
- Treating Candida , yeast, fungi
- Digestion -AIDS in foods to digest, improves irritable bowel syndrome.
- increases the absorption of vitamins and nutrients -The fat helps in absorption.
- weight loss -Studies been shown to reduce abdominal fat.
- thyroid – Improved function, especially beneficial for hypothyroidism thyroid gland . This is a favorite of my mother uses coconut oil every day for hypothyroidism is to come.
- Arthritis , internally and externally, aides in healing and reduce inflammation
- prevent and treat Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s and dementia ( recent research shows good results)
- eczema and psoriasis , internally and externally
- ADHD and autism -some note improvements
- Reduced risk of heart disease
- reductions Some seizures have been observed in in epileptic children
- bladder infections
children and infants
- cradle cap – the massage on the scalp, leave for a few minutes, wipe with warm cloth
- diaper rash – apply to baby’s bottom
- cream nipple for nursing mothers
dogs and cats
- bright / Hairballs coat – wet cat paw
- dog breath -you can brush the dog’s teeth with it
- Clean the shower with coconut oil wet cloth to finish sprinkle with white vinegar.
- Remove adhesive labels , loosen the gum
- furniture wax
- pans cast iron -Great for seasoning
What is your favorite one of the uses for coconut oil?
The post Uses for Coconut Oil – A Practical List, appeared first here : http://healthextremist.com/uses-for-coconut-oil-handy-list/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=uses-for-coconut-oil-handy-list